Author Topic: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman (Manafort)  (Read 6622 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman (Manafort)
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2017, 02:43:32 pm »
I don't believe the story I linked to said the value was undisputed.  I believe it said the connection to the election was undisputed.  Here's the sentence I'm referring to:

"The hacking of the Podesta emails, which were then transmitted to Wikileaks for posting, clearly had value, and its connection to the election is not disputed."

Its says it is undisputed that the info connected to the election had value. 

There is no way to appraise the value of information freely offered. And the question of value of the info is central to the question of legality.

Offline Concerned

Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman (Manafort)
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2017, 02:47:11 pm »
Its says it is undisputed that the info connected to the election had value. 

Could you please identify the exact sentence or sentences that says that?  I can't find it.  Thanks in advance.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2017, 02:47:56 pm »
I don't believe the story I linked to said the value was undisputed.  I believe it said the connection to the election was undisputed.  Here's the sentence I'm referring to:

"The hacking of the Podesta emails, which were then transmitted to Wikileaks for posting, clearly had value, and its connection to the election is not disputed."

Did Trump or Manafort hack the Podesta emails? What is the connection between the Trump Campaign and Podests emails.

We are now in banana republic territory. Criminalizing politics. Mueller should be ashamed of himself. His bud Comey, the lying leaker who he is covering should be in jail.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2017, 02:48:59 pm »
Could you please identify the exact sentence or sentences that says that?  I can't find it.  Thanks in advance.

Better if you just look into a remedial reading course at your community college.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2017, 02:53:15 pm »
Did Trump or Manafort hack the Podesta emails? What is the connection between the Trump Campaign and Podests emails.

We are now in banana republic territory. Criminalizing politics. Mueller should be ashamed of himself. His bud Comey, the lying leaker who he is covering should be in jail.

No, I don't believe Trump or Manafort hacked the Podesta emails.  I believe determining the connection, if any, between the Trump campaign, the hacking and any other influence by foreign government into our election is exactly the charge of the Mueller investigation (and the associated investigations in both houses of Congress).  Having said that, my personal opinion (really more a guess) is that there's no substantive "collusion" between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the election.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2017, 03:00:07 pm »
No, I don't believe Trump or Manafort hacked the Podesta emails.  I believe determining the connection, if any, between the Trump campaign, the hacking and any other influence by foreign government into our election is exactly the charge of the Mueller investigation (and the associated investigations in both houses of Congress).  Having said that, my personal opinion (really more a guess) is that there's no substantive "collusion" between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the election.

Agreed.  My best guess, based on the currently known information, is that the 0 people decided that Manafort was an easy target and by investigating him they could also investigate Trump without officially investigating Trump.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2017, 03:01:28 pm »

I would be very surprise to learn that the Trump campaign worked with the Russian gov. As I said, this is criminalizing politics. Dems turning the USA into a third world banana republic.

I am happy to see you're not buying the "collusion" thing either.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2017, 04:46:36 pm »
Your link says the question of value is undisputed.

That is a clear falsehood.
I'm not seeing value. They have not been used as evidence to prosecute Hillary. No value. They haven't been sold as a book. No value. No special edition of the NYT has published them. No value. No one who was going to vote can be shown to have changed their vote over those emails. So, I'm with you. What value?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:48:07 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2017, 05:17:04 pm »
I'm not seeing value. They have not been used as evidence to prosecute Hillary. No value. They haven't been sold as a book. No value. No special edition of the NYT has published them. No value. No one who was going to vote can be shown to have changed their vote over those emails. So, I'm with you. What value?

Apparently Mueller is the only person who sees "value," and he is not inclined to specify what that value is.  Nobody in the press is asking.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2017, 06:39:31 pm »

I cannot imagine what the political scene will end up looking like if the DOJ suddenly begins applying anti graft/bribery etc laws to information relevant to a campaign which happens to originate overseas.