Author Topic: Mitch McConnell joins John Kasich in Republican attack on Trump saying 'there are no good neo-Nazis' after Ohio governor called president 'pathetic' – and BOTH George Bushes weigh in  (Read 1404 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell joins John Kasich in Republican attack on Trump saying 'there are no good neo-Nazis' after Ohio governor called president 'pathetic' – and BOTH George Bushes weigh in

Republicans are condemning remarks President Trump made Tuesday about violence in Charlottesville, Virginia
    On Wednesday morning, Ohio Gov. John Kasich called the situation 'pathetic' adding that it was 'terrible' President Trump didn't condemn hate groups
    At his Trump Tower press conference, Trump split the blame between neo-Nazis and 'alt-left' counter-protesters for violence that turned deadly
    Trump claimed there were some 'fine people' mixed in among the white nationalists who rallied in Charlottesville
    'We can have no tolerance for an ideology of racial hatred. There are no good neo-nazis,' Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Wednesday
    Republicans lawmakers including Sen. Marco Rubio, Sen. John McCain and Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen all spoke out against Trump

By Nikki Schwab U.s Political Reporter and David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com

Published: 08:16 EDT, 16 August 2017 | Updated: 11:46 EDT, 16 August 2017

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has weighed in on the weekend's violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, castigating Donald Trump without naming him.

'We can have no tolerance for an ideology of racial hatred. There are no good neo-nazis,' McConnell said in a statement.

The choice of words, while careful, appeared to push back against Trump's claim on Tuesday that some 'very fine people' were among a crowd of white supremacists who rallied in the college town.

McConnell's wife, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, stood next to Trump on Tuesday as he insisted both sides of the weekend's clash bore some responsibility for the violence that led to one death and nearly two dozen injuries.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich tore into Trump earlier in the morning.

'Pathetic, isn't it just pathetic?' Kasich said kicking off a 'Today' show appearance Wednesday morning.

Former presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush weighed in later in the morning, saying that 'America must always reject racial bigotry, anti-Semitism, and hatred in all forms.'

The Bushes had remained silent and stayed on the sidelines throughout the first year of Trump's presidency.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4795610/GOP-continues-hammer-Trump-Charlottesville.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

The Bushes had remained silent and stayed on the sidelines throughout the first year of Trump's presidency.

Temporal anomaly?

Reminds me of a line from that song: Boys don't you know that you will drive me to drinkin' if you keep driving down this Party of Lincoln.

Offline bilo

More Faux Sanctimony.

:amen:

The more I watch the moral preening of Pubs the less likely I am to vote for them. They should be defending Pres. Trump. He condemned the violence right from the start. What he's done that is so radically different is he's pointed out that the radical leftists came to cause violence.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This is at least the second comment Bush Jr has made and its only been about 220 days.   

He was quiet the entire 8 years of Obama.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

This is at least the second comment Bush Jr has made and its only been about 220 days.   

He was quiet the entire 8 years of Obama.

And the Left will still call him "Chimpy McBushitler"

Offline libertybele

I see that McConnell and Kasich both crawled out of the swamp long enough to make fools out of themselves.  They should jump into Hillary's basket of deplorables and they should both be ashamed of themselves for not backing President Trump.

Anyone care to join me in calling McConnell and telling him if he can't stand with this President he needs to step down? I'm tired of him pandering to the left!

McConnell:  U.S. Senate, 317 Russell Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 205100001

ph: (202) 224-2541

fax: (202) 224-2499

Kentucky Numbers:

Bowling Green, KY

adr: Federal Building, 241 East Main Street - Room 102, Bowling Green, KY 42101

ph: (270) 781-1673
Louisville, KY

adr: 601 West Broadway - Room 630, Louisville, KY 40202

ph: (502) 582-6304
Lexington, KY

adr: 771 Corporate Drive, Suite 108, Lexington, KY 40503

ph: (859) 224-8286
London, KY

adr: 300 South Main Street, Suite 310, London, KY 40741

ph: (606) 864-2026
Fort Wright, KY

adr: 1885 Dixie Higyway - Suite 345, Fort Wright, KY 41011

ph: (859) 578-0188
Paducah, KY

adr: Professional Arts Building, 2320 Broadway, Suite 100, Paducah, KY 42001

ph: (270) 442-4554
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:35:06 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump made some legitimately good points but his "good people on both sides" really sullied the whole Press Conference.

The man is a clumsy as he is stupid.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump made some legitimately good points but his "good people on both sides" really sullied the whole Press Conference.

Only for those wanting to be sullied. 

Offline libertybele

Only for those wanting to be sullied.

Exactly. For the umpteenth time; he condemned the neo-nazi's and the alt-right.  So ... perhaps people need to put on their listening ears instead of listening to the b.s. from the alt-left and MSM.

Next.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

Exactly. For the umpteenth time; he condemned the neo-nazi's and the alt-right.  So ... perhaps people need to put on their listening ears instead of listening to the b.s. from the alt-left and MSM.

Next.

I had a chance to watch the press conference and you are spot on.

It's frightening how easily people are manipulated. Pres. Trump condemned the alt-right and the alt-left. He also made a very good point about the tearing down of the statues. Where does it stop? I've never thought much of having statues of Southern Civil War generals, but it is a part of our history and the fact that the statues were allowed to be put up in the first place shows a willingness of Americans in general to leave people of differing views alone. I'm a northerner and am proud to say my ancestors were Republicans from before the Civil War. If southerners wanted to put up statues after the Civil War to honor those that fought and died why shouldn't they. The war is over and everyone suffered. Now all of a sudden generations after those that lived through the war have died people now find the statues offensive? Something else is going on.

I don't think it's going to be long before statues of Washington, Jefferson and any other founders of this country who owned slaves will also have to be taken down. We've already made Christopher Columbus a bad guy. I suppose any other figure that represents western civilization and it's great successes will also have to be turned into a bad guy.

Offline libertybele

I had a chance to watch the press conference and you are spot on.

It's frightening how easily people are manipulated. Pres. Trump condemned the alt-right and the alt-left. He also made a very good point about the tearing down of the statues. Where does it stop? I've never thought much of having statues of Southern Civil War generals, but it is a part of our history and the fact that the statues were allowed to be put up in the first place shows a willingness of Americans in general to leave people of differing views alone. I'm a northerner and am proud to say my ancestors were Republicans from before the Civil War. If southerners wanted to put up statues after the Civil War to honor those that fought and died why shouldn't they. The war is over and everyone suffered. Now all of a sudden generations after those that lived through the war have died people now find the statues offensive? Something else is going on.

I don't think it's going to be long before statues of Washington, Jefferson and any other founders of this country who owned slaves will also have to be taken down. We've already made Christopher Columbus a bad guy. I suppose any other figure that represents western civilization and it's great successes will also have to be turned into a bad guy.

Lord help us!

Offline dfwgator

Next.

But it's not enough, you've got to really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hate the Neo-Nazis.

Offline montanajoe

:amen:

The more I watch the moral preening of Pubs the less likely I am to vote for them. They should be defending Pres. Trump. He condemned the violence right from the start. What he's done that is so radically different is he's pointed out that the radical leftists came to cause violence.
[/b]

What Trump did not do is call out the radicals on the left and on the right by name.. :shrug:

This ambiguous they are all at fault bullshit, is just that bullshit. Trump needs to call out everyone of these idiots/ idiot groups by name, not doing so is perceived as favoring one side or another....

Offline Fantom

Some say there are good moslems. That the actions of a few should not sully the rest. Maybe there are good KKK, NAACP, Antifa/BLM...... Maybe.

However, most likely many there were not KKK,NAACP,ANTIFA?BLM.   :pondering:

I do note that the few David Duke types are not burning and looting like the fascist antifa/blm types do. Say what you will about their personal views... it would seem they are a better class of people.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline bilo

[/b]

What Trump did not do is call out the radicals on the left and on the right by name.. :shrug:

This ambiguous they are all at fault bullshit, is just that bullshit. Trump needs to call out everyone of these idiots/ idiot groups by name, not doing so is perceived as favoring one side or another....

I think this is a good point. However, I don't think Pres. Trump is a disciplined enough public speaker to remember to do that even with notes in front of him. I think he gets rolling and just goes from his heart.

Oceander

[/b]

Exactly. 

Offline bilo

Some say there are good moslems. That the actions of a few should not sully the rest. Maybe there are good KKK, NAACP, Antifa/BLM...... Maybe.

However, most likely many there were not KKK,NAACP,ANTIFA?BLM.   :pondering:

I do note that the few David Duke types are not burning and looting like the fascist antifa/blm types do. Say what you will about their personal views... it would seem they are a better class of people.

That's not what he said, that's the Rats and media's lie. Pres. Trump separated those that came to protest on either side that were not a part of the alt-right, or alt-left, as good people.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
That's not what he said, that's the Rats and media's lie. Pres. Trump separated those that came to protest on either side that were not a part of the alt-right, or alt-left, as good people.

I do agree, they are mincing words, I thought I knew what Trump said but some of this press coverage and what the Senators or Governor are saying is making me wonder what I did actually hear.

Now Sen. Mike Lee is getting in on this; but saying something a lot like what McCain and Rubio have said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865686908/Sen-Mike-Lee-reacts-strongly-to-Trumps-remarks-on-Charlottesville.html

Offline bilo

I do agree, they are mincing words, I thought I knew what Trump said but some of this press coverage and what the Senators or Governor are saying is making me wonder what I did actually hear.

Now Sen. Mike Lee is getting in on this; but saying something a lot like what McCain and Rubio have said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865686908/Sen-Mike-Lee-reacts-strongly-to-Trumps-remarks-on-Charlottesville.html

Shame on all of them, and I really like Sen. Lee. I knew what Pres. Trump meant when he held the press conference and I think any reasonable person understood Pres. Trump was not saying there were good nazi's and good leftists.

Offline montanajoe

Shame on all of them, and I really like Sen. Lee. I knew what Pres. Trump meant when he held the press conference and I think any reasonable person understood Pres. Trump was not saying there were good nazi's and good leftists.

Shame on all of them ..  really?

Your guy F'd U...

It happens...

Offline TomSea

Offline TomSea

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/16/mccain-romney-rubio-join-republicans-antifa-club/
McCain, Romney, and Rubio Join the Republicans for Antifa Club

I don't hate Mitt but it really shows how he seems to see which way the wind is blowing.  That has always been the knock on him. Saying what people want to hear.

Offline bilo

Offline Formerly Once-Ler