Author Topic: Woman hit with felony charges for toppling Confederate statue  (Read 6203 times)

Offline Crazieman

Re: Woman hit with felony charges for toppling Confederate statue
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2017, 03:59:10 pm »
Enough!...I am not going to tolerate posts like this.
These are contentious times and I don't need a member posting to other members to pick sides....not happening here!
Yup, always knew which side of the fence you fell on.
The one that was the least amount of conflict.
Oh Heaven, spare me the barbs, for I want a smooth ride!
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 04:00:25 pm »
The pastor also said President Andrew Jackson’s name should be removed from nearby Jackson Park, because he also was a slave owner. He said he’s not necessarily asking the city rename the parks altogether. He suggested Washington Park could be named after former Mayor Harold Washington, and Jackson Park could be named after civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson or singer Michael Jackson.
                                        :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Or Jackson Browne, or Reggie Jackson ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »

Lots of American towns named after Napoleon Bonaparte. I live near Napoleon Mi in Jackson county (next to Calhoun county) and my step sisters are all from Moscow Mi.

Wingnut

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 04:21:51 pm »
Lots of American towns named after Napoleon Bonaparte. I live near Napoleon Mi in Jackson county (next to Calhoun county) and my step sisters are all from Moscow Mi.

Napoleon is even mentioned in the Polish National Anthem.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2017, 04:24:14 pm »
I'm kind of curious about the history of these monuments.

It looks like the vast majority of them were erected between 1900 and 1930 so I'm wondering what the driving force was that didn't exist prior.

As I believe someone pointed out on another thread, this was one monument of a number, all if which commemorate the dead from various wars. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2017, 04:28:05 pm »
Napoleon is even mentioned in the Polish National Anthem.

Napoleon became a hero in America before events played out fully. The French had been our allies in the revolution and we supported their revolution out of the misguided belief that theirs would turn out as well as ours.

Thomas Jefferson in his 1807 letter to John Norvell expressed some concerns about the Direction Napoleon had taken.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 05:46:50 pm »
Meanwhile, in Chicago.......

A Chicago pastor has asked the Emanuel administration to remove the names of two presidents who owned slaves from parks on the South Side, saying the city should not honor slave owners in black communities.

The pastor also said President Andrew Jackson’s name should be removed from nearby Jackson Park, because he also was a slave owner. He said he’s not necessarily asking the city rename the parks altogether. He suggested Washington Park could be named after former Mayor Harold Washington, and Jackson Park could be named after civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson or singer Michael Jackson.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
I bet some good ancestory types should be able to find some descendants of black Africans who sold the slaves to Americans.  That should end this idiocy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2017, 05:48:28 pm »
Let's hope no one is promoting violence.
Who is?  Do you know why they call a prison a 'correctional institution'?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2017, 05:53:48 pm »
I bet some good ancestory types should be able to find some descendants of black Africans who sold the slaves to Americans.  That should end this idiocy.

Even domestic ancestors.....

http://www.theroot.com/did-black-people-own-slaves-1790895436
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2017, 05:56:54 pm »
For now. Fascists who deface the Lincoln Memorial wouldn't be averse to tearing down a statue of anyone, I should think.
More at Breitbart
Democrats will always be excused for their racism, because everything they do no matter how heinous is always for the greater good................exclusively for the those of them at top of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUpbOliTHJY

Offline edpc

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2017, 06:02:15 pm »
Democrats will always be excused for their racism, because everything they do no matter how heinous is always for the greater good......

“We’re going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.” - Hillary Clinton 2004

Wingnut

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2017, 06:03:19 pm »
Racism was almost dead until Obama was elected.  This is his legacy.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2017, 06:04:16 pm »

I say it goes back to Rodney King.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2017, 06:06:15 pm »
I'll pick a side: the one that doesn't destroy public or private property; doesn't engage in, provoke or encourage acts of violence and then try to hide behind the First Amendment; doesn't keep fighting old wars (whether from 152 or 72 years ago); but does try to behave and speak civilly and rationally to all, and tries to love its neighbors - and its enemies.
:beer: :patriot:

Offline edpc

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2017, 06:13:12 pm »
I say it goes back to Rodney King.

I'd say Watts in 1965 and the formation of the Black Panthers the following year.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2017, 06:13:42 pm »
That's the really ironic thing isn't it, their hate driven desire to whipe out White because of slavery, and well just because, well if you removed Whites from the slavery issue you come down to the real promoter and profiteers Africans and Muslims. :thud:

Silver Pines

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2017, 06:44:14 pm »
@Crazieman

For talking to Myst that way, I hope you got a smooth last ride out of here on a cushion of KY, Rainbow Brite.

Go advocate for murder with the rest of the nuts.

Ponies rule!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2017, 03:21:39 am »
For now. Fascists who deface the Lincoln Memorial wouldn't be averse to tearing down a statue of anyone, I should think.
More at Breitbart
If they had to take Byrd's name off of everything, they'd practically have to change the name of West Virginia.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2017, 03:22:55 am »
Jessie!!!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2017, 03:26:25 am »
Didn't about a half dozen get some blows onto the statue?  Prosecute them all.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2017, 04:19:07 am »

I was getting pretty sick of reading all the infighting going on here on this thread, like I have never seen at TBR, but your comment I think everyone on here can agree. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2017, 05:17:04 am »
I'd say Watts in 1965 and the formation of the Black Panthers the following year.

A song just as relevant today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=girnJH7tvpM

Offline Freedom928

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2017, 05:22:06 am »

Quote from: Cripplecreek on August 16, 2017, 11:52:51 AM

Hey boy, why don't you tell everybody how you're going to lead the bronie brigades to victory in your glorious rainbow colored civil war.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3276458/posts

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Lol... a chairborne ranger bronie.  That must make for a funny cosplay outfit.

Wow. Just wow. What the heck!
Political Correctness Offends Me.

Offline Freedom928

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2017, 05:34:49 am »

What gets lost in the history of that time period was that there were also white slaves from Europe and Great Britain. Some had debts to pay and others got into trouble and were given a choice to become indentured servants in the new world or go to prison there. The prisons at the time were nasty dirty places were they were barely fed and given clean water.

More importantly, because these white slaves had an expiration date when they would be released as a free people but with no where to go and nothing to do it with; they were worked much harder than the black slaves at the time. Many never lived to be a free person again. They were considered expendable whereas the black slaves were for life and many were considered a part of an extended family more or less. A very different dynamic. No one likes the idea of someone being a slave but if you were a slave during that time period; you were better off being a black slave rather than a white one. You ate better and lived longer plus you didn't have to work as hard.

Looking back, because of the societal problems we keep having over and over, maybe the farmers should have only used white slaves and not imported any from Africa. Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say though.
Political Correctness Offends Me.