Author Topic: Death Of Senate GOP Health Care Bill Is Giving Conservatives A Good Reason To Never Vote Republican Again  (Read 5703 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Death Of Senate GOP Health Care Bill Is Giving Conservatives A Good Reason To Never Vote Republican Again
Matt Vespa
7/18/2017 7:00:00 AM -

Guy will probably have a deeper dive on this so be on the lookout, but as Cortney wrote last night—the GOP health care bill is dead. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has a very slim majority to work with and Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME), Ted Cruz (R-TX), Rand Paul (R-KY), Mike Lee (R-UT), and Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) were all signaling that they may not even vote to support a motion for advance the bill. It’s part of the incredibly frustrating saga of GOP health care reform on Capitol Hill. After nearly a decade of campaigning to repeal Obamacare, the GOP is still dragging its feet and fighting factions within the party in the effort to try and get something to President Trump’s desk. That collapsed last night when Sens. Paul and Collins were joined by Lee and Sen. Jerry Moran (R-KS) to announce that they would not vote to advance the bill. McConnell was waiting on Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) to recover from eye surgery, but that’s now a worthless venture. What we have before us at present is the legislative death of the Better Care Reconciliation Act with no good options (via NYT):

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/07/18/death-of-senate-gop-health-care-bill-is-giving-conservatives-a-good-reason-to-nev-n2356223
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Its not the conservatives they care about.  Its the independents.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline kevindavis007

Time for true pure conservative party right? Like the Constitution Party?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The lack of a bill is no reason.  The lack of straight repeal would be.  There's no reason for the government to be involved in healthcare, including Medicare and Medicaid.  I'd even say it's time to scrap their involvement with the VA, given the incompetence on the organization.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline kevindavis007

The lack of a bill is no reason.  The lack of straight repeal would be.  There's no reason for the government to be involved in healthcare, including Medicare and Medicaid.  I'd even say it's time to scrap their involvement with the VA, given the incompetence on the organization.

Look I want Government out of healthcare right away but it is not going to happen anytime soon.. I'm sorry that is reality. The reality is that Government welfare is like a drug were too many people are addicted to it.  If you think the GOP is going to get rid of Medicare and Medicaid soon, not going to happen. Reform it yes, but to get rid of it no.  Once again that is reality.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 05:31:35 pm by kevindavis »

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Yeah. That'll do it.

Offline Hoodat

The revelation that Republicans are liars is giving EVERYONE a reason to never vote Republican again.

Their inability to get anything done in 2006 (when the budget deficit was only $164 billion) is what gave us Nancy Pelosi to begin with.

As evil as Democrats are, they at least understand power and how to use it.  McConnell and Ryan need to be replaced today.   The survival of this nation depends on it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Look I want Government out of healthcare right away but it is not going to happen anytime soon.. I'm sorry that is reality. The reality is that Government welfare is like a drug were too many people are addicted to it.  If you think the GOP is going to get rid of Medicare and Medicaid soon, not going to happen. Reform it yes, but to get rid of it no.  Once again that is reality.

Reality is also the fact 'reform' means we can polish a turd and kick the can down the road.  Socialized medicine and its derivatives are built for failure.  I don't have any illusions they'll ever do the right thing.  If it were going to happen, we never would have gotten to this point.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Hoodat

The reality is that Government welfare is like a drug were too many people are addicted to it.

How much longer to you propose we keep dishing out government methadone?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

The revelation that Republicans are liars is giving EVERYONE a reason to never vote Republican again.

Their inability to get anything done in 2006 (when the budget deficit was only $164 billion) is what gave us Nancy Pelosi to begin with.

As evil as Democrats are, they at least understand power and how to use it.  McConnell and Ryan need to be replaced today.   The survival of this nation depends on it.

What really gave us Nancy Pelosi is bunch of conservatives crybabies sat at home and didn't vote.. 

Offline Hoodat

What really gave us Nancy Pelosi is bunch of conservatives crybabies sat at home and didn't vote..

Conservative crybabies?  Seriously?  What a bunch of BS.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Sure, that'll make conservatives completely irrelevant. 

Forging coalitions is not easy.   Picking up your jacks and going home is. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Conservative crybabies?  Seriously?  What a bunch of BS.

Yeah, seriously.   Whining you'll never vote Republican again is a crybaby move.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Your insipid and feckless party continues to give us absolutely no reason to vote for anyone running in it.

It is just the other arm of the Oligarchy in D.C., nothing more.

Time to start over or be crushed by the consequences they have sowed for all of us.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bolobaby

Three words:

Could've.

Had.

Cruz.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
LOL. Yeah. That'll do it.

Absolutely.  In, say, a hundred years, the Constitution Party might be able to take a few Senate seats.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Absolutely.  In, say, a hundred years, the Constitution Party might be able to take a few Senate seats.

At the rate your party is going, it will take 100 years for it to accomplish anything solidly Conservative.

So what's the difference?

Nothing.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Three words:

Could've.

Had.

Cruz.

Yep, but I can't put all the blame on Trump.  I think Trump would have signed any bill.  He doesn't have a grasp of, shall we say, intricacies.

Cruz has a great grasp of those and his amendment totally redeemed the bill as far as I'm concerned.  It wasn't repeal but it would have led to appeal.

If anyone's to blame it's the Senate squishes.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

.../ Time to start over or be crushed by the consequences they have sowed for all of us.

While I share your frustration @INVAR --- what do you think will be happening to the country for the next 20 years while conservatives are busy building a political party of consequence?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Three words:

Could've.

Had.

Cruz.

Wouldn't matter.  Cruz would have been only slightly more effective than Trump because he would have had a more solid opposition against him.

Meaning McConnell would be working openly with Schumer to oppose him.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
While I share your frustration @INVAR --- what do you think will be happening to the country for the next 20 years while conservatives are busy building a political party of consequence?

The same exact thing that happens when the GOP is playing second fiddle which is exactly the same exact thing it does when it has control of all 3 branches.

History teaches that tyranny, especially the meddlesome 'for-our-own-good' kind, is never stopped or slowed by the use of civil means that have been corrupted wholesale by the rulers to keep themselves in power.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Three words:

Could've.  Had.  Cruz.

Ah, if I could interrupt your delusion for a moment, we do have Cruz and he working right where he was born to work.  I just wish he held more sway with his colleagues.   :shrug:

BTW, why is this so difficult for you to comprehend (this means to grasp mentally)?  @bolobaby

Offline Hoodat

Yeah, seriously.   Whining you'll never vote Republican again is a crybaby move.

I will never vote liberal again.  Republicans can decide whether or not that includes them. 

Seems the only one crying here are the ones discovering the hard way that Conservatives won't sign off on their liberal bills.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Riiiight. Because it's always the customer's fault for not buying the piece of crap you're selling. Blame em good. And whatever you do, don't look at ways to improve your product in order that those customers will WANT to buy your product... I know. Cheapen it up... Make it even crappier. That'll teach em.

Offline Hoodat

Yep, but I can't put all the blame on Trump.  I think Trump would have signed any bill.  He doesn't have a grasp of, shall we say, intricacies.

No difference at all from Obama.  He would have signed any bill, too.  And he also had zero capacity to provide any leadership with Congress.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-