Author Topic: Rep. King: Defund Planned Parenthood, Food Stamps To Build Border Wall  (Read 2261 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
Thomas Phippen
1:46 PM 07/12/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/12/rep-king-defund-planned-parenthood-food-stamps-to-build-border-wall-video/

Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King believes Congress should defund Planned Parenthood, reduce food stamps and entitlement spending to pay for the southern wall on the Mexican border.

Instead of the $1.6 billion price for the wall that some lawmakers have pitched, King would rather provide $5 billion in funding, he said on CNN’s “New Day” with Alisyn Camerota.

“Are you comfortable, congressman, with providing $1.6 billion of taxpayer money, not from Mexico, to build that wall?” Camerota said.

see also

Govt Food Stamp Program Discriminates Against US Citizens, Favors Illegals

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,271407.0.html

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The conservative pride of Iowa, Rep. Steve King.
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
How about taking ethanol subsidies?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If we did that, they'd have to import the ethanol to blend with our fuel. We need to get rid of the mandate first, then the subsidies.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

It's a good idea, which is why it would never fly.  Neither party wants to alienate the gimmedat crowd.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

The only thing that I know is left is the mandate. There are no subsidies, at least federal.

And even if there were, if that was the worst thing I had to worry about my congress person, considering all the problems this country has, I'd be able to look the other way till that became a higher priority.
The Republic is lost.

Offline kevindavis007

I wonder when Trump is going to make Mexico to pay for the wall.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

• Wulf Anson Author

Cut the corporate income tax in half, to start.

They'll pay. Through the nose, as American companies desert Mexico to come back here.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I wonder if you even support a wall?

Wonder, wonder.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

The only thing that I know is left is the mandate. There are no subsidies, at least federal.

The mandate is a subsidy, in effect.  It creates an artificial market demand.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

The mandate is a subsidy, in effect.  It creates an artificial market demand.
Precisely!

The mandate isn't for a percentage of motor fuels polluted to a limited percent, it is a fixed number of gallons of ethanol to be blended with whatever amount of fuel is sold, effectively setting demand in the marketplace.

That could exceed the 10% 'blend wall' if gasoline sales are down, and void warranties on newer autos. (It just wrecks the fuel systems in the older ones.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
Precisely!

The mandate isn't for a percentage of motor fuels polluted to a limited percent, it is a fixed number of gallons of ethanol to be blended with whatever amount of fuel is sold, effectively setting demand in the marketplace.

That could exceed the 10% 'blend wall' if gasoline sales are down, and void warranties on newer autos. (It just wrecks the fuel systems in the older ones.)

All part of the plan.

The Eco fascists want cars off the road, so they go after the older ones as polluters and unsafe.

In Ca. DMV used to send out a notice every year that they'd buy your old car for up to $500 just to junk and crush it.

My tax dollars, to destroy My car.

My ultra low mileage near showroom maintained 81 Corvette.

Same DMV that had a 'Languages Spoken' sign at the counters.

Cantonese, Tagalog, Spanish, and English.

And yes English was listed dead last.

Oceander

Cut the corporate income tax in half, to start.

They'll pay. Through the nose, as American companies desert Mexico to come back here.

/snicker

Right. 

• Wulf Anson Author
/snicker

Right.

Explanation beyond '/snicker' please?

Oceander

Explanation beyond '/snicker' please?

Why would Mexico agree to be extorted by the US?

• Wulf Anson Author
Why would Mexico agree to be extorted by the US?

OMG!

Mexico is not going to be sending money to us for enticing our employers back home.

The Mexican Government is going to have to find ways to OUT-entice US, to get those employers to stay.

And that is going to cost the Mexican corrupt-ocracy big, perhaps everything they own, provided we can get it to happen.

But then we've still got a lot of folks here who are Still dumb enough to believe that 'The Rich', are going to 'Pay Their Fair Share', this time.

And they keep falling for it again and again and vote to tax themselves every time they 'Make The Rich Pay More'

Offline Smokin Joe

All part of the plan.

The Eco fascists want cars off the road, so they go after the older ones as polluters and unsafe.

In Ca. DMV used to send out a notice every year that they'd buy your old car for up to $500 just to junk and crush it.

My tax dollars, to destroy My car.

My ultra low mileage near showroom maintained 81 Corvette.

Same DMV that had a 'Languages Spoken' sign at the counters.

Cantonese, Tagalog, Spanish, and English.

And yes English was listed dead last.
At no time in that whole equation is the 'environmental cost' of recycling an older vehicle and building a new one factored in.
My granddaughter has a '91 Geo Metro, a 35+ MPG car that's older than she is, but still going.  Five hundred wouldn't buy it. Four vehicles we own are over 40. One has a 460 engine and is a gas guzzler in town, but gets about 18-20 on the highway, same as any light truck. The others are 18 years old and up, the oldest in the fleet is pushing 80. Not one has the built in tracking devices the auto overlords want. Not one has the 'black box'. Not one can be commandeered through a cell or satellite link and shut down.
Bottom line is that those who would be our masters want control. Of everything.
Something I realized when we bought a really nice little used Astro Van and handed the keys to my MIL for the last few years of her life (she cried like it was brand new): mobility=freedom. There are those who would take that, any way they can.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Want the big money?  Defund Obamacare.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

And even if there were, if that was the worst thing I had to worry about my congress person, considering all the problems this country has, I'd be able to look the other way till that became a higher priority.
So you just like to flush $45 billion down the toilet so you can enrich Archer Daniels Midland, destroy carburetors on small engines and generally just feel good about yourself?

Don't use my tax dollars to do that.  Use your own as you apparently do not feel like they are important to you.  They are to me.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
So you just like to flush $45 billion down the toilet so you can enrich Archer Daniels Midland, destroy carburetors on small engines and generally just feel good about yourself?

Don't use my tax dollars to do that.  Use your own as you apparently do not feel like they are important to you.  They are to me.

Well if you want to die on that hill today and have Rep. King removed from office, knock yourself out. He's good on 99% of the issues and right now there are way bigger fish to fry. If you can't prioritize in politics, you'll waste alot of time chasing secondary issues and missing the main ones.
The Republic is lost.

Well if you want to die on that hill today and have Rep. King removed from office, knock yourself out. He's good on 99% of the issues and right now there are way bigger fish to fry. If you can't prioritize in politics, you'll waste alot of time chasing secondary issues and missing the main ones.
Where has the prioritization of getting rid of Obamacare got us so far? 

There is so much low-hanging fruit ripe to pick, no reason to let it fall to the ground and rot.....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 12:38:38 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Smokin Joe

There is so much low-hanging fruit ripe to pick, no reason to let it fall to the ground and rot.....
I doubt the whole of Congress is employed in slogging through Obamacare. Get those other SOBs off the golf course and put their slack asses to work doing other things that need to be done.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

If we can't get the top issue passed, do you think that Congress is what, going to get something passed to fix all that other stuff? There's so much time, focus, energy, and political capital to get things done.

But by all means if you want to climb on that cross and embark on that crusade, go for it. I'm sure Rep. King has a congressional email where you can tell him how he needs to be removed from office because of his support for ethanol mandates. He and every other congress person's most minor issue that you disagree with.

Stand firm, don't back down, tell them they must fix them all, right now, today, or they should be removed from office. I am sure you'll be successful.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 02:49:02 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Want the big money?  Defund Obamacare.

In the 1970s and 80s discussion of budget topics, included costs to the public, in the regular news.

I either missed it, or they simply have not publicized the total cost to FedGov of Obamacare.

Common sense say, if more people get government-paid medical care, it costs the FedGov more.

We do know some coverage was by Medicaid--payments made from FedGov to the states.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

In the 1970s and 80s discussion of budget topics, included costs to the public, in the regular news.

I either missed it, or they simply have not publicized the total cost to FedGov of Obamacare.

Common sense say, if more people get government-paid medical care, it costs the FedGov more.

We do know some coverage was by Medicaid--payments made from FedGov to the states.
Subsidies are probably the biggest new addition to the taxpayers' tab, but how many billions that is, who knows?  :shrug:

C S Lewis