Author Topic: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana  (Read 31041 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana
« Reply #475 on: May 26, 2017, 10:32:25 pm »
You aren't going to win with the media, only the people, and if you convince the people, the media will get chipped away at.

And how do you convince the people that the media is wrong except by disproving their narrative?  You work to disprove their narrative by electing the guy they didn't want to win!

Electing the Democrat would have been spewed by the media as a twofer, for sure, (they'd have painted that as anti-Trump, pro mediot),

Exactly!   That is my point exactly!   Not electing this guy would have helped them sell their narrative!   That's why I said that a strategic way of looking at it ought to convince people to vote in such a way as to prevent the media from advancing their narrative. 

but I don't see it as a national referendum on anything, just replacing a Congressman.

Which is better than what it would have been.   This way we prevent them from using it to push the story that "Republicans are on the run!"   This is a case where the best we could hope for was a draw.   They were in a position to "win"  on the narrative,  and we held it away from them. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #476 on: May 26, 2017, 10:37:18 pm »
Christ. This thread is still going on? The dude handily won the election. What more is there to say?

That some of us have better judgement than others.   

:) 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #477 on: May 26, 2017, 10:48:50 pm »

And how do you convince the people that the media is wrong except by disproving their narrative?  You work to disprove their narrative by electing the guy they didn't want to win!

Exactly!   That is my point exactly!   Not electing this guy would have helped them sell their narrative!   That's why I said that a strategic way of looking at it ought to convince people to vote in such a way as to prevent the media from advancing their narrative. 

Which is better than what it would have been.   This way we prevent them from using it to push the story that "Republicans are on the run!"   This is a case where the best we could hope for was a draw.   They were in a position to "win"  on the narrative,  and we held it away from them.
You didn't address part of that post, though. You don't bust the media by playing into no-win situations. Media boy set the man up, and he didn't walk away, and at that point the MSM has carte blanche, as I explained.

The meme will resurface, give it time. There is another R in congress to replace the last one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #478 on: May 26, 2017, 11:25:22 pm »
You didn't address part of that post, though. You don't bust the media by playing into no-win situations.

You get dealt "no-win" situations.   You just have to play them as best you can.  We were dealt this one.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #479 on: May 27, 2017, 12:11:28 am »

You get dealt "no-win" situations.   You just have to play them as best you can.  We were dealt this one.
True that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #480 on: May 27, 2017, 12:21:20 am »
Well, as you pointed out, we don't really KNOW what the exact circumstances were. Also, leftists often use their harmless -looking appearance to try to cover up their bad behavior (batting their eyelashes and saying, "WHAT? Poor little ME???".

I'm gussing that you are a woman and without intending offense, I would submit that typically males are less diffident (patient) than females when being deliberately provoked.

Was it a good lesson in what to expect as a public figure? Absolutely. Did it rightfully earn him the label of moron. I doubt it.

@LateForLunch

Oh, you don't know me.  Don't mistake me for having "patience" when provoked, like some little flower.

That said, I know better than to engage in violence because someone asks me a question.  A man who does that is a loose cannon and a moron.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #481 on: May 27, 2017, 12:23:59 am »
@LateForLunch

Oh, you don't know me.  Don't mistake me for having "patience" when provoked, like some little flower.

That said, I know better than to engage in violence because someone asks me a question.  A man who does that is a loose cannon and a moron.

:nometalk: :nometalk: :nometalk: :nometalk:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #482 on: May 27, 2017, 12:26:21 am »
:nometalk: :nometalk: :nometalk: :nometalk:

Say it, lol.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #483 on: May 27, 2017, 12:33:43 am »
@LateForLunch

....and somebody that will be voting Conservative, albeit, along Party lines.   A good soldier.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #484 on: May 27, 2017, 12:42:58 am »
Say it, lol.

I'd love to shoot off my mouth but I am drawing a...blank...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #485 on: May 27, 2017, 12:46:34 am »

This bugs me.  You and the other guy in Montana are not thinking strategically.   (Or you just don't care about the larger picture.) 

A lot of Democrat organizations are working to pick up all these elections around the country to create the impression that the Nation is rebuking the voters who elected Trump.    It's a propaganda effort that is backed by the big money donors of the Democrat party,   and for that reason alone it should be torpedoed if possible.   

Whatever is the Democrat/Media effort,  it needs to be opposed.   We should be part of the larger strategy to break their grip on Washington,  and everyone who has an opportunity to affect it,  should.   

Not that it mattered to the outcome,   but you threw away an opportunity to help just a teeny bit.

Say what ...strategic thinking ....geez

I vote for the conservative who shares my political and moral philosophy. If such a candidate is not running I will not waste it on a candidate based on the initial behind his name  ... that's the only "strategic"  thinking I do..:shrug:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #486 on: May 27, 2017, 01:30:42 am »
Emjay wrote:
"Soooo, it looks like two things didn't hurt him:
One, breaking the glasses of an over-aggressive reporter, and
Two ... being a Trump supporter.
Who would have guessed."

It might have helped if you paid heed to this post a few days' back:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,264362.msg1335741.html#msg1335741

Who called it right?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #487 on: May 27, 2017, 01:39:40 am »
r9etb wrote:
"Translation: the end justifies the means."

I'm not Diogenes (whose posts so far in this topic have been right-on), but...

I think we've just about reached the point in history (at least the history of The West) where in order to defeat our enemies, the end DOES justify the means.

If that's what it's going to take to save Western Civilization from destruction by both the left and islam, I'm all for it.

Make no mistake as to the intent of what I've said, and I will not retract it or apologize.

And, to steal a quote from Pat Condell, "I don't respect your beliefs and I don't care if you're offended."

that is all...

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #488 on: May 27, 2017, 01:43:32 am »
Since this thead won't die with an agreement to disagree, I'm going to drop a MOAB on it. Go forth and discuss this no further.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #489 on: May 27, 2017, 01:43:54 am »
 888high58888
r9etb wrote:
"Translation: the end justifies the means."

I'm not Diogenes (whose posts so far in this topic have been right-on), but...

I think we've just about reached the point in history (at least the history of The West) where in order to defeat our enemies, the end DOES justify the means.

If that's what it's going to take to save Western Civilization from destruction by both the left and islam, I'm all for it.

Make no mistake as to the intent of what I've said, and I will not retract it or apologize.

And, to steal a quote from Pat Condell, "I don't respect your beliefs and I don't care if you're offended."

that is all...

888high58888

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #490 on: May 27, 2017, 01:45:25 am »
Emjay wrote:
"Soooo, it looks like two things didn't hurt him:
One, breaking the glasses of an over-aggressive reporter, and
Two ... being a Trump supporter.
Who would have guessed."

It might have helped if you paid heed to this post a few days' back:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,264362.msg1335741.html#msg1335741

Who called it right?

Hey, brag away.  You called it right.  But I didn't need help... I expected the same result.

The democrat lost.  The horrible, horrible, despicable, unforgivable behavior of the Republican candidate didn't seem to offend the voters in Montana as much as it offended some people here who apparently can't get off of the sofa because of horror at it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #491 on: May 27, 2017, 01:46:46 am »
Since this thead won't die with an agreement to disagree, I'm going to drop a MOAB on it. Go forth and discuss this no further.

You suck.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #493 on: May 27, 2017, 01:49:58 am »
You suck.

I'm sick of seeing this thread trending when there's other issues to discuss. Consider it my body slam  :smokin:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #494 on: May 27, 2017, 01:52:40 am »
I'm sick of seeing this thread trending when there's other issues to discuss. Consider it my body slam  :smokin:

So am I. Locked.