Author Topic: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana  (Read 31106 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana
« Reply #450 on: May 26, 2017, 09:04:19 pm »

As Leon Trotsky said:   "You may not be interested in War,  but War is interested in you." 

We are the weaker player in this game.   I would like to be in a position where we did not have to respond to the MSM,   but I don't see where we really have a choice about that.  They dominate,  and we try to respond.  If we could drive the narrative that would be different,  but that is not how I see things.
Letting them drive the narrative is NOT 'winning'. Mess them up at every opportunity. Be the exception, and as there are more exceptions in evidence the 'rule' will fall.
This is a war of attrition, and their talking points are the targets. The more are cut from under them, the weaker they get.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #451 on: May 26, 2017, 09:05:41 pm »

That explains why were all problem childs our Dad is a deadbeat!
:silly:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #452 on: May 26, 2017, 09:07:28 pm »
Letting them drive the narrative is NOT 'winning'. Mess them up at every opportunity. Be the exception, and as there are more exceptions in evidence the 'rule' will fall.
This is a war of attrition, and their talking points are the targets. The more are cut from under them, the weaker they get.

That's why I said supporting the Republican candidate in Montana would help to undercut their current narrative.   

"Strategic". 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #453 on: May 26, 2017, 09:07:37 pm »

That explains why were all problem childs our Dad is a deadbeat!

Very likely!   :smokin:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #454 on: May 26, 2017, 09:08:33 pm »
To be brutally honest, I don't give a sh*t about anything you have say, except to call you out when you say something especially stupid -- and that's only to remind any casual reader of this forum that we're not all idiots.

@r9etb

Just the ones that think dumping on Trump at every opportunity is going to help you put your beloved RINO's back in office again.

Hey! JEB ain't got much to do these days. I bet he would give you a hug fo 5 bucks or so if you asked nicely.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #455 on: May 26, 2017, 09:10:46 pm »
So the reporter gets the bum's rush. Who were the witnesses? Reporters--from Fox. Remember the veracity thing about eye-witnesses.

Is Gianforte an out-of-control moron? I don't know about before, but as a member(elect) of the U.S. Congress, that makes it official.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline r9etb

« Reply #457 on: May 26, 2017, 09:14:19 pm »
@r9etb

Just the ones that think dumping on Trump at every opportunity is going to help you put your beloved RINO's back in office again.

Hey! JEB ain't got much to do these days. I bet he would give you a hug fo 5 bucks or so if you asked nicely.

*****rollingeyes*****

Trump has nothing to do with it. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:16:15 pm by r9etb »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #458 on: May 26, 2017, 09:17:55 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****

But, you're digging in your pockets for five bucks?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #459 on: May 26, 2017, 09:20:37 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****

Nothing and everything!  Wouldn't have made a damned bit of difference which republican candidate we elected last time! Whoever it was would be getting the EXACT same treatment Trump is getting!  With the possible exception of Jeb or the mailman's son that is!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline r9etb

« Reply #460 on: May 26, 2017, 09:21:21 pm »
But, you're digging in your pockets for five bucks?

If $5 will shut some of these idiots up for good, then sure. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #462 on: May 26, 2017, 09:22:39 pm »
Let's see if it has ANY effect!   :beer:

You taking bets?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #463 on: May 26, 2017, 09:23:51 pm »
If $5 will shut some of these idiots up for good, then sure.

Your offer doesn't impress me. ^-^

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #464 on: May 26, 2017, 09:24:03 pm »
You taking bets?

Hadn't thought of it but since you mention it I say the effect will be near ZERO!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #465 on: May 26, 2017, 09:24:26 pm »

So far, DJT has delivered on a lot of things that are in line with conservatism. How anyone could dismiss that as unimportant or insignificant is about the only thing close to "stupid" that I have seen on this thread.

@LateForLunch   @roamer_1

Trump delivering on conservative programs will only make the Party People hate him even more because not only is he STILL not a "Party Person",he had now actually gone and "committed conservatism" just to make them look like liars and fools. They ain't NEVER going to forgive him for that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #466 on: May 26, 2017, 09:27:55 pm »
Nothing and everything!  Wouldn't have made a damned bit of difference which republican candidate we elected last time! Whoever it was would be getting the EXACT same treatment Trump is getting!  With the possible exception of Jeb or the mailman's son that is!

@Bigun

That's because they are the DC favorites,know to and trusted by one and all to not rock the boat.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #467 on: May 26, 2017, 09:27:58 pm »
Hadn't thought of it but since you mention it I say the effect will be near ZERO!

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #468 on: May 26, 2017, 09:29:15 pm »
@LateForLunch   @roamer_1

Trump delivering on conservative programs will only make the Party People hate him even more because not only is he STILL not a "Party Person",he had now actually gone and "committed conservatism" just to make them look like liars and fools. They ain't NEVER going to forgive him for that.

They don't need Trump's help to look like liars and fools.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #469 on: May 26, 2017, 09:30:09 pm »
@Bigun

That's because they are the DC favorites,know to and trusted by one and all to not rock the boat.

It's OUR swamp! WE built it! WE like it just the way it is and there will be NO draining if WE can prevent it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline r9etb

« Reply #470 on: May 26, 2017, 09:30:14 pm »
Your offer doesn't impress me. ^-^

What ... are you haggling about price, now? :terror:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #471 on: May 26, 2017, 09:30:56 pm »

That's why I said supporting the Republican candidate in Montana would help to undercut their current narrative.   

"Strategic".
I think you got an extra knot in the pretzel.  You aren't going to win with the media, only the people, and if you convince the people, the media will get chipped away at. This was not the hill to die on. Why?

Electing the Democrat would have been spewed by the media as a twofer, for sure, (they'd have painted that as anti-Trump, pro mediot), but I don't see it as a national referendum on anything, just replacing a Congressman.

Electing the Republican only comes off as something the MSM will pitch later as evidence that 'those hicks from the hills (and possibly Republicans in general) are violent thugs', and puts a RINO in Congress.

(Sounds like a great day to go fishing.)

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #472 on: May 26, 2017, 09:40:50 pm »
What ... are you haggling about price, now? :terror:

I have values.  :laugh:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #473 on: May 26, 2017, 09:45:04 pm »
That needs sayin' over and over.

Every Republican since Goldwater has been called a Nazi.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #474 on: May 26, 2017, 09:56:57 pm »
Christ. This thread is still going on? The dude handily won the election. What more is there to say?