Author Topic: President Trump just had his bluff called — again  (Read 2489 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: President Trump just had his bluff called — again
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2017, 03:34:22 pm »
There seem to be three sides on most of these issues:

--Trump's proposal

--Democrat resistance

--GOP congress, checking with their lobbyists...who say delay, delay, delay

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:50:48 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2017, 03:53:08 pm »
DC, in all fairness, all we have so far is promises.  Until he does actually "get this baby turned around" there is no there there.   I do hope that he keeps his promises and will support his doing so.

Ditto.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2017, 05:42:54 pm »
Is Trump still winning? :smokin:

It depends on who you ask.  He's incredibly popular still on my Facebook page.  He would also still beat Hillary according to a recent poll.

He just needs to get Congress on his side but that's not easy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2017, 05:45:23 pm »
I understand how you've arrived at this...by assigning your preconceived motives.

You obviously don't know 'Trump', the man, vs. Trump, the businessman.

Above all else, President Trump wants to be loved.  He...and I...honestly believe that he can, at the very least, get this Baby turned around.   I believe he takes great pride in being able to say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

....just like we see everyday here on the forum. 

So yes, he knows that in order to keep his base, he has to find a way to physically start building this thing...BEFORE 2018!

He got the Trillion dollars from Congress for his Infrastructure Bill.

The Border Wall is Infrastructure.

End of discussion, really.   (between Trump and whomever)

With All Due Respect @DCPatriot I don't believe his $1T infrastructure funds have been appropriated and are not included in this current Budget process, BUT I could be wrong.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2017, 05:47:43 pm »
It depends on who you ask.  He's incredibly popular still on my Facebook page.  He would also still beat Hillary according to a recent poll.

He just needs to get Congress on his side but that's not easy.

That was Reince's job and he is failing bigly, as he always has @Emjay
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 06:01:19 pm »
The fact anyone is surprised about Weathervane Donny's shifting positions is what's funny.  Not everyone who points it out is a USA hating, Bildeberger, Rothschild, NWO, globalist liberal.

You forgot Goldman Sachs, but I guess that's cool now that Trump has appointed about 1/2 a dozen of them.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 06:22:32 pm »
I understand how you've arrived at this...by assigning your preconceived motives.

You obviously don't know 'Trump', the man, vs. Trump, the businessman.

Above all else, President Trump wants to be loved.  He...and I...honestly believe that he can, at the very least, get this Baby turned around.   I believe he takes great pride in being able to say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

....just like we see everyday here on the forum. 

So yes, he knows that in order to keep his base, he has to find a way to physically start building this thing...BEFORE 2018!

He got the Trillion dollars from Congress for his Infrastructure Bill.

The Border Wall is Infrastructure.

End of discussion, really.   (between Trump and whomever)

Well...the way I see it .... so far ... the only one that's come up with a solution ... is Cruz (as usual).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2017, 08:33:08 pm »

Well...the way I see it .... so far ... the only one that's come up with a solution ... is Cruz (as usual).

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2017, 08:37:11 pm »
   With All Due Respect @DCPatriot I don't believe his $1T infrastructure funds have been appropriated and are not included in this current Budget process, BUT I could be wrong.

You may be correct, @corbe

My thinking was that I would keep mum...since the EO was already signed...regarding their willingness to fund the wall.

Once the funds are there, they can do what EVERY government does.   Forget for what it was earmarked...they need it, they take it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2017, 08:55:25 pm »
   You people are making a big mistake, under estimating the guile of a multi-level chess player.

Oh no. If he's playing on the white side I see checkmate against him. If he's playing on the black side I see the Alt-Right against him. It looks like losing to me.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington