Author Topic: Florida Teacher Bans Cross Necklaces in Class, Promotes LGBT Day of Silence  (Read 10535 times)

Offline skeeter

LOL - I'd like to think that Sir Winston would have been proud of me. At 18, I worked on the McGovern campaign (though I admit it was more for extra credit in Civics class...not that I needed it). At 26, I was an advocate for a Reagan victory, engaging in conversations with my German neighbors, in German, at the local gasthaus in the weeks leading up to the election. They were convinced Reagan would start WWIII. Many neighbors came of age during WWII, so it wasn't a slam dunk. It took until Inauguration Day, and the release of the hostages, for them to come around.

Long story short, I did my job well enough to be invited to sit at the stammtisch for my last six months in country. It's an honor I cherish to this day, to sit at the table designate for family, and close friends of the family.

Looked Stammitsch up. Imagine its pretty rare to be considered a 'regular guy' in a foreign culture.

Offline mirraflake

Lesbians always wear mens style of jacket  like Sally Kohn on CNN. The one on the right proves my theory that gays get a wrong dose of hormones while in the womb. No all day gig at Macy's Glamour shots would make that woman look like a woman.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:25:14 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Victoria33

But we are being told, right now, on this very board - that homosexual marriages and relationships are virtuous and pose absolutely no threat whatsoever to anyone.
@INVAR

Please post a comment plus poster's name, on this board that says that.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Poor woman would never make it in our school district. Our kids wear various t-shirts from our church to school, such as the HS ministry and middle school shirts. A lot of thought and imagination go into each year's version, and the designers do a good job on making the shirts attractive to those age groups.

It's not just our church, other denominations have grown enormously over the past 20 years, as the town has grown from 20K to 40K+.

I live 10 miles from this school and know kids in it.   There are bible study groups who meet every morning to pray.  They certainly wear their tshirts.    Its not all of the kids or even enough of the kids that do that but there are good kids there.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Victoria33

I wear my grandmother's chai necklace. Would she make me remove that too, since it's a religious symbol?
 if I had a child I'd homeschool. Problem solved.
@Freya

I would put mine in private school.  I was an associate school psychologist - I wouldn't work in a school that promoted LGBT activities.  I'd work in a generic private school or Catholic private school.  Our country has become Sodom and Gomorrah.

Offline driftdiver

@INVAR

@Victoria33 @INVAR

@Jazzhead said it on the NC marriage thread.  I'm not gonna search the thread for the specific comment for you though.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@Victoria33 @INVAR

@Jazzhead said it on the NC marriage thread.  I'm not gonna search the thread for the specific comment for you though.
This thread is not in any way about gay marriage or gay relationships. It is about a person, gay/Black/whatever, who is baiting a lawsuit with absurd and obviously inappropriate behavior.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

This thread is not in any way about gay marriage or gay relationships. It is about a person, gay/Black/whatever, who is baiting a lawsuit with absurd and obviously inappropriate behavior.

@240B

Its about a gay person (activist) violating the first amendment rights of students.   Not a whatever or a black person.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Why isn't the 'teacher' in the hospital already, under 24/7 protection?    *****rollingeyes*****

Why hasn't her superior, presumably the Principal, told her to tone it down a lot?

Yet another frigging example of the inmates, running the asylum.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

Why hasn't her superior, presumably the Principal, told her to tone it down a lot?

Yet another frigging example of the inmates, running the asylum.

The HS Adm says they had no idea this was going on until the letter came.  No students had come forward to complain to the Principal or staff.

Yeah right!  CYA time my friends CYA

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Looked Stammitsch up. Imagine its pretty rare to be considered a 'regular guy' in a foreign culture.
I served in Germany as well, and I understand the sentiment of our member.  My wife had a "run in" with a German neighbor, but it ended okay.

We were an occupying force, and they were a defeated nation, holding onto some pride. Single guys drank and made asses of themselves, in their neighborhood pubs and bars. Those places have a cultural significance.

Moving to the regular table, means you became a friend and neighbor, not a mere customer to be barely tolerated.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
But we are being told, right now, on this very board - that homosexual marriages and relationships are virtuous and pose absolutely no threat whatsoever to anyone.

If you will explain to me what the gay marriage issue has to do with this, it would be appreciated.

Why don't you stay over on what I have come to think of as the hysterical thread.

Your post aside, this sort of thing will not be tolerated under the new education policy.  This is what we have Betsy DeVos for.

Parents are not as involved as they used to be because most mothers work.  Not faulting them for that but ...
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33 @INVAR
@driftdiver
@Freya
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@txradioguy
@roamer_1

I had not read that thread, so I've now read some on there.  Some said we should stay out of marriages, it is not our business what two adult people do.  I agree with that.  However, it IS our business what schools do with our children.  "Gays" can do whatever they want, it is not my business.  However, "gays" have united to force their lifestyle into our schools - that IS my business. 

A family related member living in Ohio, is a junior in high school, and last week, was LGBT observance week, and she was forced to hear about that lifestyle, and there was a film shown over and over on the main wall as one comes into the school, every day it is shown over and over, in that school with various LGBT sayings and one was about religion, said something like this,  "Any religion in the world is the same with the same outcome."  That means the Muslim religion, ANY religion is the same as a Christian religion, all have the same outcome.

When she told her father (they are a religious family) what was happening, the first day this started last week, he met with the principal who was a wimp, but said he should have notified parents in advance, and then the father met with the Superintendent, who did not know this was happening.  He said the first thing the Superintendent said to him was, "You need to know I am a conservative, I have my guns at my house, I am one of you.  I am going to go meet with that principal as soon as you leave here."  He also told him to write a letter to the school board, gave him the name of the president, and said it would be brought up at the next meeting and he would tell him when that was going to happen.

That father isn't going to let this die.  He will be at the board meeting.   
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:35:35 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
If you will explain to me what the gay marriage issue has to do with this, it would be appreciated.

Doubtful, but I'll explain anyway.    The Homosexual marriage issue and this issue are linked via the fact that homosexuality in all it's forms will work to strip the liberty and free exercise away of anyone who thinks their behavior is sinful.  They will punish, attempt to shame, and even destroy those representations of religion that they find offensive and does not accept their lifestyle. AND they will indoctrinate and force others to accept, adopt promote and even practice their behavior, even using coercion and threat to do so.

Just like we see them doing to businesses and people that refuse to cater and celebrate a homosexual wedding.

Tyranny.  That is what this story and the homosexual marriage thread have to do with one another.

Why don't you stay over on what I have come to think of as the hysterical thread.

Look lady -

I'll post my opinion where I feel like posting it.  How's that? 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver
@Freya
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@txradioguy
@roamer_1

I had not read that thread, so I've now read some on there.  Some said we should stay out of marriages, it is not our business what two adult people do.  I agree with that.  However, it IS our business what schools do with our children.  "Gays" can do whatever they want, it is not my business.  However, "gays" have united to force their lifestyle into our schools - that IS my business. 

A family related member living in Ohio, is a junior in high school, and last week, was LGBT observance week, and she was forced to hear about that lifestyle, and there was a film shown over and over on the main wall as one comes into the school, every day it is shown over and over, in that school with various LGBT sayings and one was about religion, said something like this,  "Any religion in the world is the same with the same outcome."  That means the Muslim religion, ANY religion is the same as a Christian religion, all have the same outcome.

When she told her father (they are a religious family) what was happening, the first day this started last week, he met with the principal who was a wimp, but said he should have notified parents in advance, and then the father met with the Superintendent, who did not know this was happening.  He said the first thing the Superintendent said to him was, "You need to know I am a conservative, I have my guns at my house, I am one of you.  I am going to go meet with that principal as soon as you leave here."  He also told him to write a letter to the school board, gave him the name of the president, and said it would be brought up at the next meeting and he would tell him when that was going to happen.

That father isn't going to let this die.  He will be at the board meeting.   

@Victoria33
We homeschooled our kids because our district was failing our kids.   In retrospect while our kids have moved on to college (going into med school and engineering school) I think it was a mistake.   They did miss out on some opportunities.

I think its a mistake to concede public schools to the leftists.   Whoever controls education controls the past and the future.   They are editing history books to remove vital events and ideas.   There are many good teachers left in schools but we need to take back control from the feds.  Return it to the States and Countys where Principals & teachers can be held accountable.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR

Quote from: INVAR on Today at 01:00:39 AM

"I have gay relatives and friends,  who've married in recent years, and they live quiet, productive, honest, joyous and virtuous lives....Because they are virtuous, and I believe that is what God wants us to be."

"...these folks are as virtuous, if not more so, than you.   You are as despicable a human being as I've ever encountered on the internet."

And then this entire thread where he posts his views that homosexuality is virtuous and of no threat to anyone:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,258231.0.html
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33
I think its a mistake to concede public schools to the leftists.   Whoever controls education controls the past and the future.   They are editing history books to remove vital events and ideas. 
@driftdiver
@Freya
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

What you and others likely don't know about school textbooks:
Texas buys more school textbooks than any other state.  Publishers first go to Texas to get our Texas State School Board to approve their textbooks before they actually publish them.  Our State School Board is made up of a high majority of conservative Christians - at most only one or two/three liberals would get on there and sometimes none would be on there.  The people who run for that board, go around the state and meet with the county Republican Party to try to get their votes.  They came to our county Republican Party when my husband was the county chair for ten years.  They make their pitch and we would decide which candidates we wanted elected and get that out in the county. 

All textbooks are not yearly changed.  Two or three at the most a year, such as maybe newly written math books and history books would be there.  The Board would go over each subject book and make changes if they were required to be truthful - there were always changes to history books to keep them truthful.  Only after the publisher agreed to the changes, would they approve a text book.  The publisher would then print their books with these changes and those were the books offered to all other states. 

I used to see/hear those Board meetings in real time as Texas makes them available on a certain TV station.  The few liberals on there would have hissy fits as conservatives would change textbooks. 

Offline libertybele

Why isn't the 'teacher' in the hospital already, under 24/7 protection?    *****rollingeyes*****

I would simply refer to the school by laws and dress code.  Show me in the dress code where it stipulates that students cannot wear crosses.  As a parent I would yank my child out of any school that would demand that students not wear crosses.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

I served in Germany as well, and I understand the sentiment of our member.  My wife had a "run in" with a German neighbor, but it ended okay.

We were an occupying force, and they were a defeated nation, holding onto some pride. Single guys drank and made asses of themselves, in their neighborhood pubs and bars. Those places have a cultural significance.

Moving to the regular table, means you became a friend and neighbor, not a mere customer to be barely tolerated.

I absolutely loved my time in Germany (77-81). The Mosel region is comprised mostly of small towns, with the exception of Trier, whose population now is around 115K, so it's not a large city. My first two years were at Hahn AB, where free time was hard to find. A normal month would include Staff Duty Officer every 3rd day, and 2-3 times on weekends. My minimal language skills came from Berlitz, and eating out. I was never a ladies man, though I did have a lady friend that I met on the base (she was an AF E-6).

Once I moved to Battalion HQ at Spangdahlem, my free time grew exponentially (SDO a couple of times a month). I had the time to take a couple of German immersion courses, and it paid huge dividends.

One finds disagreeable people no matter where you travel. One night, I decided to dine at another establishment that had the best cheeseburgers I ever had. That night, I decided to dine in. At a nearby table, a couple of young German men were saying very unkind things about my country, and countrymen. Many words would be bleeped by the mods here...lol.

The proprietor looked very uncomfortable, as he knew my German was pretty good. I smiled and reassured him that I paid them no mind. As I was leaving, I swung by their table, and in my best German, said (smiling) "you know, there are some Americans that I know that think some Germans are real ascheloches.  The owner just about fell off his seat, he was laughing so hard. I nodded to him, said "Tschuss", and headed for home.

My best friend fell in love with a German girl a few months upon his arrival. Even he said that I was the first American he knew of that's been invited to sit at the stammtische.

The honor came in handy during my last battalion tac eval. The old man (Battalion Cdr) wanted some imagination in our briefings, and I delivered it in spades. As the Battalion S-4 (Supply Officer), I put together a resupply scenario that might be considered outrageous, including local merchants for foodstuffs and POL should our supply lines be cut. As I gave my briefing, the chief evaluator became very agitated, while my boss had a big grin on his face...he loved it.

After the briefing, the evaluator (a LT Colonel) gets in my face (I was still a 1LT at the time, though I may have been on the Captain's list) demanding where I got my information. I simply replied I was following my boss' instructions to show some imagination, that after four years in the operating area, I knew it like the back of my hand, and I knew many of the proprietors that were part of this "alternate resupply". Our battalion was 90 miles from Group HQ, my vehicle repair parts came from Baumholder, 60 miles away, and weapons systems parts came from various depots. We were isolated, and had units at the 3 air bases in the area: Bitburg, Spangdahlem, and Hahn. It was a unique, and rewarding assignment.

I suggested to the evaluator that we stop for a meal at a gasthaus the next day, so I could demonstrate I wasn't just talking BS. One of the evaluation team members stepped in, and said, "Colonel, you don't need to. I've been with the LT at that place, and we sat at the stammtische." Checkmate.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

geronl

Your post aside, this sort of thing will not be tolerated under the new education policy.  This is what we have Betsy DeVos for.

What new education policy is that? No conservative thinks the federal government should be in charge of schools.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What new education policy is that? No conservative thinks the federal government should be in charge of schools.

Ms. DeVos believes in vouchers and school choice.  If she can get her policies in place, a person with a child in a bad school could receive a voucher to use at a private school.  She also believes in charter schools..

I also believe she would be an enemy to the teachers unions which are mostly responsible for keeping bad teachers in their jobs.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Doubtful, but I'll explain anyway.    The Homosexual marriage issue and this issue are linked via the fact that homosexuality in all it's forms will work to strip the liberty and free exercise away of anyone who thinks their behavior is sinful.  They will punish, attempt to shame, and even destroy those representations of religion that they find offensive and does not accept their lifestyle. AND they will indoctrinate and force others to accept, adopt promote and even practice their behavior, even using coercion and threat to do so.

Just like we see them doing to businesses and people that refuse to cater and celebrate a homosexual wedding.

I'll post my opinion where I feel like posting it.  How's that?

Perfectly acceptable to me, although I stand by my original opinion that you brought the gay marriage issue into a thread about something else but obviously you wished to continue to vent on gay marriage.  So, yeah, okay.

By the way, the cake issue, etc. are extremely isolated and well-publicized incidents that reflect more on the government people who let them get by with this than on the activists gays who would never pursue such things if they didn't think they could win.

geronl

Ms. DeVos believes in vouchers and school choice.  If she can get her policies in place, a person with a child in a bad school could receive a voucher to use at a private school.  She also believes in charter schools..

I also believe she would be an enemy to the teachers unions which are mostly responsible for keeping bad teachers in their jobs.

How is any of that a federal thing? Shut the department down.

Charter schools are still technically government schools using the government school curriculum and many of them have been caught as  scams in my state.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
How is any of that a federal thing? Shut the department down.

Charter schools are still technically government schools using the government school curriculum and many of them have been caught as  scams in my state.

As long as we have a Department of Education, we need a good person to run it.  Obviously, charter schools need to be more closely monitored.  Are you also against vouchers?

geronl

As long as we have a Department of Education, we need a good person to run it.  Obviously, charter schools need to be more closely monitored.  Are you also against vouchers?

I am against public education.

"As long as we have a dictatorship-tyranny, we need a good person to run  it."

Abolish it. Quickly.