Author Topic: The Army’s Old Guard has its first female infantry NCO  (Read 395 times)

rangerrebew

The Army’s Old Guard has its first female infantry NCO
« on: March 30, 2017, 08:42:47 pm »
By DoD Public Affairs| March 30th, 2017|Military News, U.S. Army|0 Comments

Movies like “Saving Private Ryan”, “Full Metal Jacket” and “Blackhawk Down”, were just some of her favorites to watch as a young child. While most eleven-year –old girls were hanging out with their friends or getting new toys, Sgt. Brittany Sylvester-Rivera, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard), was fascinated by the idea of infantrymen pushing forward on the battlefield and protecting her country.

“I grew up watching military movies, and after watching “Saving Private Ryan”, I told my mother that’s what I wanted to grow up and do,” said Sylvester-Rivera.

http://popularmilitary.com/armys-old-guard-first-female-infantry-nco/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:43:29 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The Army’s Old Guard has its first female infantry NCO
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 09:46:17 pm »
By DoD Public Affairs| March 30th, 2017|Military News, U.S. Army|0 Comments

Movies like “Saving Private Ryan”, “Full Metal Jacket” and “Blackhawk Down”, were just some of her favorites to watch as a young child. While most eleven-year –old girls were hanging out with their friends or getting new toys, Sgt. Brittany Sylvester-Rivera, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard), was fascinated by the idea of infantrymen pushing forward on the battlefield and protecting her country.

“I grew up watching military movies, and after watching “Saving Private Ryan”, I told my mother that’s what I wanted to grow up and do,” said Sylvester-Rivera.

http://popularmilitary.com/armys-old-guard-first-female-infantry-nco/

@rangerrebew

I guess the other females that work the funerals at Arlington aren't infantry branch?

BTW,we ALL know what's going to  happen if a big war breaks out and the infantrygirls hit the front line trying to carry the same loads as the males.

I think we also know what is going to happen to them in a retreat and they can't keep up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Remington Snodgrass

Army's Old Guard hs its first female infantry NCO
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 03:02:28 am »
Let's see, the United States Army has a female infantry NCO. I recently read that the United States Air Force Academy has a Lesbian as its new Commandant of Cadets. Do I detect a pattern here? I submit for your consideration that these are yet more rather unfortunate "political decisions." I am 78 years old. I am a combat veteran. I am a 100% disabled Vietnam veteran. My several physical injuries are legitimate combat injuries. Not one of my injuries is fatal, obviously. However, I am dying due to my being drenched from head to toe by Agent Orange. The crew chief of the C-123 "Ranch Hand"  bird in which I was catching a hop, said, "Aw, just wash it off. That's what we all do." I wonder how long he lived. In any case the employment of Agent Orange was a rather unfortunate decision. Now, our nation is plagued by truly stupid political decisions. One of the first things I learned at University was, "Those who aspire to positions of responsibility must always avoid the employment of stupidity." An axiom observed more in the breach. I remember some 60 years ago, I was with 25 others on a 40 mile hike with what they whimsically termed a light marching pack of 65 pounds. The old Sarge marching us said, "Pick up the pace girls. I don't ever want to see the day when my troops can't make this little old hike." I know he must feel shame somewhere. In Vietnam I operated under what I termed was my "Foxhole Rule." If a man had such serious deficiencies (dangerous behavior, barracks thief, etc) that might cause me harm, I would tell him to get out of my foxhole or else I would have to hurt him. Three times I had to prove it. Once I told a man who was truly, stupidly dangerous (he once banged two antitank rounds together, in my presence) that if he didn't leave I would kill him. I really don't know what I would have done, but he believed me. Now we are surrounded by truly stupid people who wish to cause us harm so that they might brag about their ability to make decisions. I have absolutely no loyalty whatever to the government, nor is any required of me. I served this dear country that I love, and her flag and anthem, but don't invite me any more.