Author Topic: Vanderbilt U. Students Demand School Cut Ties With Wendy’s  (Read 521 times)

rangerrebew

Vanderbilt U. Students Demand School Cut Ties With Wendy’s
« on: March 21, 2017, 04:24:24 pm »
Vanderbilt U. Students Demand School Cut Ties With Wendy’s

Posted by Aleister      Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 10:30am

Is anyone else getting tired of kids who have never worked a day in the real world making demands on schools and companies? Some of today’s students seem to think activism is the only reason they’re in school.

News Channel 5 reported:

http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/03/vanderbilt-u-students-demand-school-cut-ties-with-wendys/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegalInsurrection+%28Le%C2%B7gal+In%C2%B7sur%C2%B7rec%C2%B7tion%29
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:25:03 pm by rangerrebew »

Online mountaineer

Re: Vanderbilt U. Students Demand School Cut Ties With Wendy’s
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 11:01:32 am »
They wanted their schools to end contracts with Wendy’s unless the company commits to respecting farmworker human rights by joining the Fair Food Program.
:thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 11:09:38 am »
:thud:

We've really got to cut federal funding to our colleges and students.

Less money for social justice programs and less mushy heads to feed them to.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 11:11:52 am »
Vandy is considered a rich kids' school. I'd wager not one of them has done a single %*&# thing for an actual farmworker - or any other blue collar worker - in their entire privileged lives.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 11:56:16 am »
Vandy is considered a rich kids' school. I'd wager not one of them has done a single %*&# thing for an actual farmworker - or any other blue collar worker - in their entire privileged lives.

I suggested farm work to an idiot screaming for $15 for fast food employees and you would have thought I suggested selling himself into slavery.

He tried telling me that farm work only pays 2 or 3 bucks per hour and illegals did it because they didn't have any choice. Back in the mid 80s I made $5 to $7 per hour under the table working on a local dairy farm. Today that same farm is paying $12 to $15 per hour for the same work and hiring illegals because most of the local kids won't do it anymore.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 12:14:20 pm »
I remember kids in my high school in the 60s and 70s working at the local "truck farm." No one thought it was beneath him.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 12:47:13 pm »
It was No Nukes when I was in school. There was a No Nukes rally/teach-in on campus and they asked the school administration to sign a pact with them. The school responded "We promise not to use nuclear weapons preemptively."
The group wanted a nuclear-proof secret military area under the gym vacated. That didn't happen.  When my son did his official tour of the school, we got to go into the nuclear-proof secret military area which is now a storage area. Very cool.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Countdown to Resignation