Author Topic: TELL THE REPUBLICANS TO DO THEIR DAMNED JOB  (Read 499 times)

Silver Pines

TELL THE REPUBLICANS TO DO THEIR DAMNED JOB
« on: March 08, 2017, 05:12:08 pm »

TELL THE REPUBLICANS TO DO THEIR DAMNED JOB

By Steve Deace
March 8, 2017

I grow weary, beyond weary really, with the “but the Democrats” crap. And I shouldn’t be alone. We just had an election — Democrats got trounced. There are fewer Democrats in the legislative branch across the country since before the Great Depression. There is a Republican president to go along with those legislative majorities as well. Democrats lost more than 900 seats nationwide during the Obama years. The Democrats are literally in disarray and powerless.

1. Let me repeat that — the Democrats are literally powerless.

Republicans have all the political and parliamentary power to do pretty much whatever they want. Democrats can stop nothing. Only the Republicans can stop themselves.

Read more at:

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/03/tell-the-republicans-to-do-their-damned-job

Silver Pines

Re: TELL THE REPUBLICANS TO DO THEIR DAMNED JOB
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 05:12:28 pm »
"They are going to blow this once-in-a-generation opportunity unless we start seeing victory in the context of public policy advancement, and not “Yeah dude, so-and-so really stuck it to that snowflake on (fill in the blank cable news show) last night.”

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 05:25:36 pm »
I can only imagine what the public mood will be like if the republicans succeed in playing their usual Three Card Monte scam.

Already just the sight of McCain, Collins, Graham & Murkowski is enough to enrage me.

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 05:27:37 pm »
I can only imagine what the public mood will be like if the republicans succeed in playing their usual Three Card Monte scam.

Already just the sight of McCain, Collins, Graham & Murkowski is enough to enrage me.

@skeeter

If it turns out that way, I'm going to exit stage left re: politics, and so is my husband.  It will just be a game to which there's no point.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 05:54:37 pm »
TDemocrats lost more than 900 seats nationwide during the Obama years.

More than 1,000.

What the Democrats don't want you to know: Party lost more than 1,030 seats in state legislatures, governor's mansions and Congress during Barack Obama's presidency
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4063898/As-Obama-accomplished-policy-goals-party-floundered.html

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 12:00:31 am »
@skeeter

If it turns out that way, I'm going to exit stage left re: politics, and so is my husband.  It will just be a game to which there's no point.

@CatherineofAragon
Why watching baseball is better (and less hazardous to the nation's health) than watching politics:

* Baseball has the National League and the American League. Politics has the Republicans and the Democrats.
* Baseball worst commissioner was less dangerous than America's worst president.
* You can't negotiate wins or losses.
* You can't put the outcome of the World Series to a two-thirds majority.
* The worst major league umpire is less hazardous to a baseball game than the least constitutionally-inclined judge.
* An umpire's bad ruling can be overturned on the spot with instant replay. Good luck overturning a judge's bad ruling
as fast as a year.
* The ugliest baseball uniform is more attractive than the stiffest political blue suit.
* Last year's World Series featured the Chicago Cubs vs. the Cleveland Indians, right down to the wire. Last year's presidential
election featured Donaldus Minimus versus Hilarious Rodent Clinton, right down to the wire.
* Nobody wanted to wrap the wire around the necks of either the Cubs or the Indians.
* The worst manager in baseball isn't half the screwup that Speakers of the House and Senate President Pro Tems usually are.
* Baseball scandals by and large tend to come a decade apart. Political scandals by and large tend to come three days apart.
* Casey Stengel's triple-talking "Stengelese" merely amused while amplifying a subtle mind. A politician's triple talk isn't that
amusing and amplifies brain damage.
* Yogi Berra: It ain't over until it's over. Politician: It ain't over until you've paid for it.
* When baseball owners overspend, misspend, or malspend, at least they're spending their own money.
* A baseball player selling his services to the highest bidder doesn't hurt anyone---except maybe the guys he sent home for
an early winter vacation by hitting the pennant-winning bomb or pitching the pennant-winning wins. If you have to ask
what a politician selling his or her services to the highest bidder is, you probably think K Street was Big Bird's favourite
Sesame Street haunt.

. . . among others . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 01:14:58 am »
@skeeter

We are already there, sadly the majority of the country has a fatal case of Normalcy Bias - even when the evidence is literally slapping the country in the face.

We no longer have a voice.

It's the Oligarchy and the Leftists too whom they are beholden and will rule to expand, empower and make permanent.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 01:19:20 am »