Author Topic: Is GOP Health Care Bill a Disaster? No (This explains it)  (Read 7456 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Is GOP Health Care Bill a Disaster? No (This explains it)
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2017, 09:40:44 pm »

Somehow Compromise is dirty word.. It isn't..

Tell me how successful GOP "compromise" on anything has worked out for us over say the last 20-25 years?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2017, 09:42:31 pm »
Tell me how successful GOP "compromise" on anything has worked out for us over say the last 20-25 years?

Yes, compromise means both sides get some of what they want. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2017, 09:43:32 pm »

I've seen the Democrats get everything they want over that time and all the GOP got for it was a sore and abused posterior.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DB

« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2017, 09:46:18 pm »

Well I'm not so sure "both sides" didn't get what they wanted in that "compromise". The problem has become what "both sides" want is just more big government doing their particular flavor of big government.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2017, 09:46:32 pm »

Step 2 is done by Secretary Price with EOs---reversing all the EOs by his predecessors.

Nothing wrong with the three step approach..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online DB

« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2017, 09:50:49 pm »

I guess you don't remember the two step approach back when Reagan granted amnesty to millions of illegals...

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2017, 09:51:47 pm »
I've seen the Democrats get everything they want over that time and all the GOP got for it was a sore and abused posterior.

Let's get this right - the Uniparty Leftists and Big Statists got what they want, it's the Conservatives who got shut out and shown the door.

By the Oligarchs in their own party no less.

Well I'm not so sure "both sides" didn't get what they wanted in that "compromise". The problem has become what "both sides" want is just more big government doing their particular flavor of big government.

^ THIS is the current political reality.

Principled Conservatives have repeatedly said that the GOP has absolutely no intention of getting rid of ObamaCare and they are chomping at the bit to have a hand in Single Payer when it has to be imposed when the consequences of ObamaCare collapse what is left of the insurance industry.

If they truly wanted ObamaCare gone, the House can defund it and the Executive can tell the IRS not to enforce it or impose the penalty.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2017, 09:54:26 pm »

Translation: if you do not agree with me then you aren't a true conservative.

:yawn2:

If you are a liberal you are definitely not conservative!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2017, 09:54:29 pm »
I guess you don't remember the two step approach back when Reagan granted amnesty to millions of illegals...

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Wow, all of the way or nothing right??  The multi step approach has been going on since this nation has been founded.. Did our founding fathers huff and puff cause they didn't get everything?

It worked for Reagan.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2017, 09:57:54 pm »

^^^^ Truth ^^^^

@kevindavis

That's not truth. What makes you think the GOP *needs* 60 votes? Because Chuck Schumer told you so?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline endicom

« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2017, 10:01:18 pm »

If it's as it seems. Gateway Pundit has this clip of Tucker Carlson putting some heat on Paul Ryan: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/03/wth-paul-ryan-wants-lawmakers-go-home-get-pummeled-leftwing-activists-rather-pass-trump-agenda-video/

Ryan puts the onus of delay on the Senate while excusing the Senate for having too much on its plate.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2017, 10:09:39 pm »

Wow, all of the way or nothing right??  The multi step approach has been going on since this nation has been founded.. Did our founding fathers huff and puff cause they didn't get everything?

It worked for Reagan.
Well, they argued and argued and argued. The convention tooks months to produce a few pages of Constitution (We have to ratify to find out what's in it said no delegate ever). Then there were the Federalist and Anti federalist debates and letters. And the anti-federalist were willing to sink the whole thing if they didn't get a bill of rights.

We jam through far more voluminous laws that then founders did with far less debate even on contentious bills.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:10:22 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2017, 10:18:34 pm »
We jam through far more voluminous laws that then founders did with far less debate even on contentious bills.

Recall the fact that over 3,000 pages of ObamaCare were drafted in virtual secret with NO Legislator who voted for it, having a chance to read it.  They had to 'pass it so you can find out what is in it'.

Tyranny on a scale not seen since the Crown owned the Colonies with impunity.

And here we sit arguing over compromise and incremental scaling back of tyranny - as if that is going to accomplish anything but enshrine tyranny as a permanent fixture everyone grows used to while they lie to themselves that they live in a 'free country'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2017, 10:20:04 pm »

If it's as it seems. Gateway Pundit has this clip of Tucker Carlson putting some heat on Paul Ryan: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/03/wth-paul-ryan-wants-lawmakers-go-home-get-pummeled-leftwing-activists-rather-pass-trump-agenda-video/

Ryan puts the onus of delay on the Senate while excusing the Senate for having too much on its plate.

I don't trust Paul Ryan any further than I could throw him!  THAT is my problem with the three phase approach!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2017, 10:25:12 pm »
Anyone have an Option 4?

Yes.  Stop funding it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2017, 10:26:48 pm »

In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.

-A. Rand-
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2017, 10:28:53 pm »

Maybe some of that is because they are scheduled to work only 8 days in April?  Kinda slows progress.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2017, 10:29:19 pm »
Yes.  Stop funding it.

No, that's #1.

Offline endicom

« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2017, 10:56:40 pm »
I don't trust Paul Ryan any further than I could throw him!  THAT is my problem with the three phase approach!

I stopped trusting any of them when Paul Ryan was but a gleam in his daddy's eye. It's not about trust but about options.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2017, 11:23:10 pm »
Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on Today at 03:37:10 PM
Anyone have an Option 4?

Yup sure do.

The "replacement" for the ACA needs to be one page and a handful of sentences that says From (insert date) forward, the ACA is repealed and healthcare laws and requirements prior to March 2010 are hereby reinstated.  Any changes to current healthcare laws from this point forward are left to the state legislatures to work out per the wishes of their citizens.