Author Topic: Could California adopt universal healthcare for 39 million people?  (Read 486 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Eric Bauman, a registered nurse who aspires to become the next chairman of the California Democratic Party, says it’s time for California to become a “healthcare sanctuary” by providing universal, state-operated medical coverage.
A large concerned crowd attends the town hall meeting held by Rep. Ami Bera at Elk Grove City Hall on Jan. 28, 2017. The meeting was packed with a diverse crowd concerned with the new Trump administration and wanting to know how Bera would oppose aspects of the administration’s agenda, including threats to dismantle the Affordable Health Care Act. Autumn Payne apayne@sacbee.com

Citing efforts by a Republican-controlled federal government to repeal Obamacare, Bauman wrote in an op-ed article, “we cannot miss the historic opportunity the moment presents us: enacting single-payer healthcare into California. Let’s take that step and make California a healthcare sanctuary state.”

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/dan-walters/article130592844.html#storylink=cpy
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Could California adopt universal healthcare for 39 million people?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 11:50:43 pm »
Sounds fine with me. That way I won't need to pay for them with my tax dollars.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 11:57:24 pm »
The lunatics running California will slay the goose that laid the golden egg yet.

All the sunshine in the world won't fix the mess.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 07:25:55 am »
Arizona and Nevada could make a lot of money if they played their cards right

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 08:03:22 am »
Arizona and Nevada could make a lot of money if they played their cards right

:beer: