Author Topic: Free Trade vs. the Republican Party  (Read 460 times)

Offline jpsb

Free Trade vs. the Republican Party
« on: February 26, 2017, 03:06:50 pm »
The economic nationalism and protectionism of Hamilton, Madison, Jackson, and Henry Clay, and the Party of Lincoln, McKinley, Teddy Roosevelt, and Coolidge, of all four presidents on Mount Rushmore, made America the greatest and most self-sufficient republic in history.

And the free-trade, one-worldism of Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama enabled Communist China to shoulder us aside us and become the world’s No. 1 manufacturing power.

The entire article is here Pat B knows his stuff and has been proven correct on issue after issue over the years.

Offline jpsb

Re: Free Trade vs. the Republican Party
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 03:09:18 pm »
I'm posting this so that those that mistakenly think they are conservative in supporting so called "free trade" might learn that pro so called "free trade" is not a conservative position.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 03:23:20 pm »
What "Free Trade"?  When have we ever had "Free Trade"?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:10:22 am »
If we look more and more like the British Empire in its twilight years, it is because we were converted to the same free-trade faith that was dismissed as utopian folly by the men who made America. Where in the history of great nations—Britain before 1850, the USA, Bismarck’s Germany, postwar Japan and China today—has nationalism not been the determinant factor in economic policy?

Speaker Ryan should read more history and less Ayn Rand.

One might put Pat Buchanan's name in the title. Choice words, I've heard some of this before.