Author Topic: Immigration Wars (low IQ immingrants, religious cult refugees)  (Read 994 times)

Offline endicom

Immigration Wars (low IQ immingrants, religious cult refugees)
« on: February 18, 2017, 10:28:48 pm »
Inside Higher Ed
Colleen Flaherty.
Feb. 17, 2017

In what seems like the latest installment of the academe edition of the post-Trump culture wars, students and faculty members at the University of Minnesota at Morris are planning a teach-in Monday, following a professor’s harsh criticism of immigrants and refugees on social media. The professor says he wrote about an issue of concern on a private Facebook page and is being punished for being out of step with the politics of his colleagues.

“Illegal immigrants lower the confidence in the rule of law and add people and workers and students we don’t need,” Dan Demetriou, associate professor of philosophy, recently wrote on Facebook, according to screenshots that have been made public. “They on average have IQs lower than natives and low skills. They are harmful to an economy about to automate, especially when it is a welfare state.”

Refugees, meanwhile, are “way worse,” Demetriou wrote, “as most adhere to a religious-political cult with repulsive values at war with the West from its inception. No country who has taken the current crop of refugees has made it work.”

More... https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/02/17/professors-anti-immigration-comments-social-media-fuel-day-action-campus

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Immigration Wars (low IQ immingrants, religious cult refugees)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 11:36:41 pm »
Once again, a quote worth keepin':

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."

- George Orwell

Online goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 01:24:05 am »
This is the mostly unspoken belief by many anti-illegal immigration people including me. Many of these illegals are just not very bright.  The great majority of them do not have the brains to be anything more than low wage earners.
But for obvious reasons few will acknowledge the truth. The professor has great courage to speak the truth. He will be condemned and probably lose his job.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 01:52:22 am »
This is the mostly unspoken belief by many anti-illegal immigration people including me. Many of these illegals are just not very bright.  The great majority of them do not have the brains to be anything more than low wage earners.
But for obvious reasons few will acknowledge the truth. The professor has great courage to speak the truth. He will be condemned and probably lose his job.

I don't see a direct correlation between measured IQ and whatever is the innate quality we call intelligence. I think that a high IQ score indicates intelligence but that a low score is questionable.

But anyone can be a dumass and immigrants from places where people are kept dumass tend to be dumass.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 01:00:35 pm »
Playing “devil's advocate is not only extremely counterproductive to protecting vulnerable communities, but also a huge abuse of privilege,” he said.

There's a bunch of phony bullshite.

One of the problems is assimilation.

One the lack of interest these people have in pursuing their dream further than having a job.

Another the language barrier.

We have two people working that refuse to learn English. They show no interest in learning the skills of the trade. I have to work "around" this and that lowers my effectiveness and productivity. It causes stress, frustration, and low morale in the ranks.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 02:07:22 pm »

I don't see a direct correlation between measured IQ and whatever is the innate quality we call intelligence. I think that a high IQ score indicates intelligence but that a low score is questionable.

But anyone can be a dumass and immigrants from places where people are kept dumass tend to be dumass.
If there is no correlation between IQ and intelligence we should be able to go to physics departments, NASA,  Silicon Valley, etc. and find many people working in rocketry, advanced math, electronics, and computer science with average or low IQs.
I don't think we'd find that. I think we'd find almost 100% of the people involved with those things having very high IQs.
Having a high IQ doesn't mean you will be a guaranteed success in life in many fields necessary to have high intelligence for, but it's a good bet you'll have a lot better chance with one.

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 02:20:30 pm »
If there is no correlation between IQ and intelligence we should be able to go to physics departments, NASA,  Silicon Valley, etc. and find many people working in rocketry, advanced math, electronics, and computer science with average or low IQs.

I of course didn't say there is no correlation.

Richard Feynman scored a 125 or 126.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 02:39:17 pm »
Abstract reasoning ability is one of the cores for measuring intelligence. islam kills the desire or ability do do so. There is no thinking outside the box of islam.

(spelling?)

Inshallah: If Allah is willing he would have told me what to do today.

Bokra: Since he didn't there is always tomorrow.

Ma'leesh: It doesn't matter since it is all up to the will of Allah.

IBMer's. They do nothing. They accomplish nothing. They build nothing.  The devil makes work for idle hands. So all they do is destroy.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 02:48:42 pm »

I of course didn't say there is no correlation.

Richard Feynman scored a 125 or 126.
The story on Feynman is that was probably the verbal section of the test. Feynman scored the highest score ever recorded by a wide margin on the Putnam math competition test one of the toughest entrance tests used at the time  on short notice and little time to study.
His abilities in math astounded fellow physicists.
I suspect Feynman's math IQ was in the genius range.....quotes from other people/physicists say as much.
But even a 125 IQ is abnormally high. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 02:51:31 pm »
Again. Most immigrants from the Middle East are not coming here because they want to be Americans.  They want to come here to conquer and to assert their society upon the rest of us.