Author Topic: Teen girl rescued by good Samaritans after snowmobile accident on frozen lake  (Read 482 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Teen girl rescued by good Samaritans after snowmobile accident on frozen lake
    By ABC NEWS  Feb 17, 2017, 11:28 AM ET
 Three good Samaritans rescued a teenage girl after she was thrown off a snowmobile into a frozen lake in Waterboro, Maine.

The three rescuers -- Brandon Jackson, Bill Rodgers and Taylor Dion -- were fishing and snowmobiling near Little Ossipee Lake Feb. 4 when they saw someone struggling in the frozen water.

Jackson, Rodgers and Dion threw a thick rope out to the victim in the water, who turned out to be a 16-year-old girl, and yelled instructions to her, saying, "Hold on tight. Get both hands. Kick your feet really hard."

Continued: http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-girl-rescued-good-samaritans-snowmobile-accident-frozen/story?id=45554373

The article goes on to state this:

The teen who was rescued in Maine also made a potentially lifesaving decision to remove her boots while in the water so they would not wear her down, according to police

I certainly wouldn't think to do this. So, the girl helped herself too.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:00:14 am by TomSea »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Where I grew up people fell thru every year.  We were taught different things to do.  Some people carried a screwdriver when ice fishing.  You could use it as a spike to pull yourself out.  We were also taught to take off heavy clothes if needed.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline goatprairie

Where I grew up people fell thru every year.  We were taught different things to do.  Some people carried a screwdriver when ice fishing.  You could use it as a spike to pull yourself out.  We were also taught to take off heavy clothes if needed.
There is a story in the local news where the other day an ice fisherman fell in the Mississippi and had to be rescued. The temps the past few days have been in the fifties and sixties yet these dopes still go out on the thin ice (and fall through).