Author Topic: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!  (Read 95260 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!
« Reply #425 on: June 27, 2017, 02:33:49 am »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #426 on: June 27, 2017, 07:16:02 pm »
Tebow promoted to high Class A St. Lucie by Mets
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/tebow-promoted-to-high-class-a-st-lucie-by-mets/ar-BBDbegw?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Any other player hitting .222 wouldn't have had a chance at even that kind of promotion, with
or without Tim Tebow's work ethic, and he has an excellent such ethic. Tebow's a little different,
though---he's a guy who hadn't played any kind of baseball in over a decade, so him hitting .222
in the low minors is better than you'd expect. Does it mean he has a real pro baseball future? The jury's
still out.

Some of the move had economic motives: with Tebow, the smallest crowd at any of his games in
the South Atlantic League was about 2,645 people, and the Florida State League in which St. Lucie
plays is averaging 1,404 per game, so he'll have an economic impact going in that magnifies
when you throw in that---unlike with the Columbia Fireflies---the Mets own their St. Lucie affiliate
and they get a more direct bump than the Fireflies did.

A guy with a .651 OPS in the low-A SAL isn't exactly a long-term prospect no matter how hard
he works at the game, and Tebow is one of the hardest workers in the business. Then why make the
move, especially with tantalising hints that Tebow might even get a September call-up to the Mets
no matter how he does at St. Lucie---in a league level where the game is considerably more tough
than in the SAL?

Easy enough, and slightly disgraceful if you think deeply about it: Tebow is the Mets' Michael
Jordan---and the White Sox when Jordan tried and failed playing pro baseball in their organisation
didn't have even half the problems this year's Mets have---a feel-good story some in the Mets'
administration might hope, cynically enough, would distract from the major issues dogging
the Mets:

* Matt Harvey's apparent off-field breakdown and the troublesome antics it provoked.

* The mishandling of Noah Syndergaard's MRI folderol, which turned into a near three-month
trip to the disabled list when he got murdered by the Nationals and left that game with the lat
tear the MRI he tried to shenk might have turned up before he was sent out to take
that beating pitching at less than full strength.

* A team that was supposed to go to this year's postseason coming apart little by little
under injuries, aging, and attitude issues.

* Asdrubal Cabrera publicly denouncing the move to second base the day he came off the
DL and almost no one in the Mets' administration taking him to real task for it. (Once upon a
time, when Ted Simmons rejected a move to third base, his then-manager Whitey Herzog
---who suffered neither fools nor non-team players gladly---wasted no time moving him
out of town and elsewhere no matter how long Simmons had been in the Show, and
Simmons was about a twelve-year veteran at the time. Talk now is that the Mets are looking
to move a few veterans including Cabrera, but not pouncing when he pronounced himself
shall we say displeased over moving to second base weakens them administratively.)

* A bullpen not quite as notorious as those of the Nationals and the Giants but with
troubles enough beginning with how overworked they were in the first two months
of the season.

* Stubbornly refusing to call up Show-ready shortstop prospect Amed Rosario from
AAA Las Vegas and relying on their aging infield corps that produces less and less
overall.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:16:38 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #427 on: June 27, 2017, 11:15:02 pm »
RIP Anthony Young . . .

Anthony Young dies at 51; lost record 27 straight games

Former pitcher Anthony Young, who still holds the major league record with 27 consecutive losses, died in Houston on Tuesday, the New York Mets announced.

He was 51 years old. His death comes on the anniversary of his 24th consecutive loss, which broke the record, on June 27, 1993 against the St. Louis Cardinals.

Former Mets pitcher Turk Wendell said in a statement that Young said earlier this year at the Mets' fantasy camp that he had been diagnosed with a brain tumor.

"Anthony was a true gentleman," Wendell said. "At this year's fantasy camp, he told us he had a brain tumor. That was Anthony. He never ran away from anything."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #428 on: June 28, 2017, 12:03:30 am »
Question for you

Rizzo scoring from 1st base on the triple...he was hit-by-pitch, leading off the inning.

Was it an earned or unearned run to Scherzer?   I'm thinking it could be ruled an E-1...but the run scored before 2 outs were made.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #429 on: June 28, 2017, 03:01:04 am »
Question for you

Rizzo scoring from 1st base on the triple...he was hit-by-pitch, leading off the inning.

Was it an earned or unearned run to Scherzer?   I'm thinking it could be ruled an E-1...but the run scored before 2 outs were made.
Actually, there were two out before Kris Bryant tripled Anthony Rizzo home: Tommy LaStella struck out looking
and Ian Happ flied out to center before Bryant batted. Hit batsmen aren't generally ruled errors on the pitcher.
And the run was ruled earned, Scherzer's only earned run surrendered on the day.

Wingnut

« Reply #430 on: June 28, 2017, 09:15:37 pm »
Punkass catcher Miguel Montero out of a job. An NFL quarterback doesn't impugn his linemen for sacks. A NASCAR driver doesn't fault his crew for crashes. And a major-league catcher doesn't blame his pitcher for stolen bases — especially one who has failed to throw out a base-stealer this season. 
Maybe Dick Durbin who got Montero is US citizenship can find him a new job!.
 :beer:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:16:09 pm by Wingnut »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #431 on: June 28, 2017, 09:34:10 pm »
Actually, there were two out before Kris Bryant tripled Anthony Rizzo home: Tommy LaStella struck out looking
and Ian Happ flied out to center before Bryant batted. Hit batsmen aren't generally ruled errors on the pitcher.
And the run was ruled earned, Scherzer's only earned run surrendered on the day.

Thanks, @EasyAce !!   :laugh:

I bet my son that Harper was going to get plunked before the series is finished....not so much now.   

It's Strasburg tonight!   LOVE this series.   

Arrieta looked very human last night.   Although I though the HP ump was squeezing him a bit.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #432 on: June 28, 2017, 09:36:58 pm »
Punkass catcher Miguel Montero out of a job. An NFL quarterback doesn't impugn his linemen for sacks. A NASCAR driver doesn't fault his crew for crashes. And a major-league catcher doesn't blame his pitcher for stolen bases — especially one who has failed to throw out a base-stealer this season. 
Maybe Dick Durbin who got Montero is US citizenship can find him a new job!.

The crazy world we live in, if I was Trey Turner, I'd hire a 24/7 guard for protection until this guy reports to his team.

I actually felt sorry for the catcher, because both Turner and Taylor ran at will...and it wasn't even close.

Still...bad-mouthing the Ace publicly?      22222frying pan

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #433 on: June 28, 2017, 11:55:24 pm »
Still...bad-mouthing the Ace publicly?      22222frying pan
@DCPatriot
I just wrote about the brouhaha:

Badly timed not-so-grand slam punches Montero’s ticket out
http://throneberryfields.com/2017/06/28/badly-timed-not-so-grand-slam-punches-monteros-ticket-out/

Once upon a time, Cliff Robertson, playing cartoonish Western villain Shame on the cartoonish television series Batman,
barked at one of his henchmen, “A big mouth works best when it’s kept shut!” Miguel Montero, backup catcher whom
the Cubs now wish to make a former Cub, is learning the hard way.

Baseball’s worst kept secrets include Jake Arrieta being not exactly the quickest pitcher to the plate, with or without men on
base, and the Cubs not necessarily put an excess of emphasis on pitchers holding runners ahead of emphasising other
pitching necessities.

The Nationals took complete advantage of Arrieta’s side of the coin Tuesday, performing their own version of a bull run at his
and the Cubs’ expense, en route a team record for thefts in one game (seven, in the first four innings) and, while they were
at it, a 6-1 win on a day Max Scherzer didn’t exactly have his A++ game.

Then Montero, who started the game behind the plate, unburdened himself after the game:

When you really look at it, the pitcher doesn’t give me any time. It’s just like:
‘Yeah, OK, Miggy can’t throw nobody out.’ Yeah, but my pitchers don’t hold
anybody on. It’s tough, because it doesn’t matter how much work I put in. If
I don’t get a chance to throw, that’s the reason why they were running left and
right today, because they know he was slow to the plate. Simple as that. It’s a
shame that it’s my fault because I didn’t throw anybody out.

The Cubs rewarded Montero’s schpritz with a designation for assignment. They replaced him by calling up 23-year-old
Victor (Beta) Caratini from Triple-A Iowa.

Montero might have had more credibility in his postgame complaints if a) he’d aired them out in the Cub clubhouse before
zinging Arrieta to the press; and, b) if he hadn’t been 1-for-32 in throwing out would-be stealers while Willson Contreras,
the Cubs’ number one catcher, who has the same pitching staff to handle, is 16-for-47 (34 percent, six points above the
National League average), and also happens to be Jon Lester’s personal catcher.

We’re not trying to say Contreras is the perfect cop, but a grand theft arrest record differential like that should be enough
to compel the number two man to think twice before shooting from the lip. Did I mention Montero is tied for the slowest
“pop” time (2.12 seconds, .02 below the league average)—the time between a catcher receiving a pitch and an infielder
receiving his throw from the plate—in the Show?

Unfortunately, Montero didn’t think even once, about his commentary or about the timing thereof. It’s not the first time
he’s had trouble with the latter.

On the same day the Cubs led Chicago in a Woodstock-sized World Series triumph celebration to Grant Park last November,
Montero went aboard ESPN’s The Waddle and Silvy Show to complain about his postseason playing time. “It was a different
emotion,” he said about his own celebration, “because I didn’t get a chance to play. I was a little disappointed, to be
honest, because I felt like I did a good job in the regular season but was left out a little bit. It made me feel a little like
not important or maybe not as good to be in this lineup.”

That came from the man who had two of the most important plate appearances in Cub history last postseason and cashed
them in with profit to spare.

It was Montero who destroyed Dodger manager Dave Roberts’ gutsy move to have reliever Joe Blanton load the pads in
Game One of the 2016 National League Championship Series, sending a hanging two-strike slider into the right field
bleachers for only the third-ever postseason pinch-hit grand slam. And it was Montero whose tenth-inning RBI single—
hitting again with ducks on the pond—ended up the insurance run in Game Seven of the World Series.

Not to mention that Montero, a mid-game insertion for now-retired David Ross, was the man who steadied Aroldis Chapman,
after Chapman surrendered Rajai Davis’s eighth-inning Game Seven bomb that got close enough to ruining the Cubs’
season. Montero simply called for more breaking pitches in the ninth when Chapman was clearly out of gas, and Chapman
pitched it without a scratch.

With his celebration day commentary—however valid his complaint might have been in one regard (several commentators
concurred that manager Joe Maddon sometimes has communication problems)—Montero damn near wiped that work out
of the memory banks. Throwing Arrieta overboard Tuesday pushed the eraser down more firmly.

Anthony Rizzo, who hasn’t been having the kind of season people expected but who turned into a sniper when inserted
into the leadoff slot this month, didn’t take Montero’s attempted burial of Arrieta lightly. On the theory that one bad turn
deserves another, Rizzo went aboard another ESPN radio show, hosted in Chicago by David Kaplan, and let Montero
have it.

“I had no idea about [Montero's Arrieta remarks] until I got back to the hotel and saw all this stuff,” Rizzo fumed. “I got
a couple text messages from a couple of my friends just kinda asking, ‘What the hell is this guy doing?’

“Listen, we win as a team, we lose as a team. If you start pointing fingers, I think that just labels you as a selfish player.
I disagree. We have another catcher that throws out everyone who steals and he has Jon Lester who doesn’t pick over.
It’s no secret. I think going to the media with things like that, I don’t think it’s very professional.”

No, I didn’t miss the irony in Rizzo calling out a teammate publicly for calling out another teammate publicly, but Rizzo
remains acknowledged and secured as one of the Cubs’ clubhouse leaders while Montero had already eroded most of
his clubhouse cred last November. The Cubs have a lot more pressing issues to resolve if they’d like to have a postseason
encore in October.

Cubs president Theo Epstein minced no words after Montero was designated for assignment, either. “When something
goes wrong on the field we expect our players to take the blame, step up and proactively assume the blame for it, even
if it’s not their fault,” Epstein said.

“That’s the way to be a good teammate. He completely agreed when it was pointed out to him and he apologized. After
thinking about it some more, I just came to the conclusion that now more than ever we need to be a team. This was an
example of being a bad teammate publicly and that we’d be better off moving on and not standing for it.”

Montero was a two-time All-Star with a reputation for mentoring younger players in Arizona. The Cubs thought they were
getting that, and for a time they got the mentor (including for Contreras himself); back issues and other maladies wore
Montero down to top backup status.

And he wasn’t inclined to just sit back and accept it as the aging Ross became a team and media celebrity being exactly
what Montero should have been—a man at peace with himself, accepting of his lot, making the most of what he had,
continuing to teach and mentor younger players with far more baseball life ahead than that left to him.

Even sadder was that Montero showed genuine class as he departed, tweeting, “To the city of Chicago—Dear fans, today
I say goodbye to the greatest fans. I want to thank you for the support. It was an awesome ride. Winning the World
Series was simply fantastic. Thank you to my teammates—good luck to everyone of you. Thank you also to each staff
member, it was an honor to play for the Chicago Cubs organization. Chicago will always be in my heart.”

The question becomes whether Montero’s most poorly timed public complaints will take him out of Chicago’s. Even with
the single most important grand slam and eventual insurance run in team history on his resume.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:57:32 pm by EasyAce »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #434 on: June 29, 2017, 11:31:56 am »
@DCPatriot

As always, excellent article, @EasyAce
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #435 on: June 29, 2017, 03:27:13 pm »
As always, excellent article, @EasyAce
@Polly Ticks
As always, thank you!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #436 on: June 29, 2017, 04:48:32 pm »
@DCPatriot

Thanks for the insight!  Mrs Liberty and I were trying to figure out what happened when we heard about it last night.  Miggy was one of our favorite Dbacks, and we were frustrated when they traded him off to the Cubs.  Our pitching immediately suffered for it and we slumped the rest of the season.  It came as no surprise, though, it was his mouth that did him in, after last year. 

Maybe now we can get him back, if we can still afford him.  Since then, we got a couple of pretty good catchers. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2017, 04:53:23 pm »

Maybe now we can get him back, if we can still afford him.  Since then, we got a couple of pretty good catchers.

He's not in the best of bargaining positions.  You might be able to get him at a discount.   Like a K-mart catcher.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #438 on: June 29, 2017, 05:35:10 pm »
He's not in the best of bargaining positions.  You might be able to get him at a discount.   Like a K-mart catcher.

He'd better be hitting as well as he used to if he hopes to replace Mathis, Ianetta or Hermann.  Mathis is under the Mendoza Line, but all three seem to get timely hits.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #439 on: June 29, 2017, 08:24:12 pm »
@DCPatriot

The Cubs rewarded Montero’s schpritz with a designation for assignment. They replaced him by calling up 23-year-old
Victor (Beta) Caratini from Triple-A Iowa.

Montero might have had more credibility in his postgame complaints if a) he’d aired them out in the Cub clubhouse before
zinging Arrieta to the press; and, b) if he hadn’t been 1-for-32 in throwing out would-be stealers while Willson Contreras,
the Cubs’ number one catcher, who has the same pitching staff to handle, is 16-for-47 (34 percent, six points above the
National League average), and also happens to be Jon Lester’s personal catcher.

We’re not trying to say Contreras is the perfect cop, but a grand theft arrest record differential like that should be enough
to compel the number two man to think twice before shooting from the lip. Did I mention Montero is tied for the slowest
“pop” time (2.12 seconds, .02 below the league average)—the time between a catcher receiving a pitch and an infielder
receiving his throw from the plate—in the Show?

Unfortunately, Montero didn’t think even once, about his commentary or about the timing thereof. It’s not the first time
he’s had trouble with the latter.

On the same day the Cubs led Chicago in a Woodstock-sized World Series triumph celebration to Grant Park last November,
Montero went aboard ESPN’s The Waddle and Silvy Show to complain about his postseason playing time. “It was a different
emotion,” he said about his own celebration, “because I didn’t get a chance to play. I was a little disappointed, to be
honest, because I felt like I did a good job in the regular season but was left out a little bit. It made me feel a little like
not important or maybe not as good to be in this lineup.”

That came from the man who had two of the most important plate appearances in Cub history last postseason and cashed
them in with profit to spare.

It was Montero who destroyed Dodger manager Dave Roberts’ gutsy move to have reliever Joe Blanton load the pads in
Game One of the 2016 National League Championship Series, sending a hanging two-strike slider into the right field
bleachers for only the third-ever postseason pinch-hit grand slam. And it was Montero whose tenth-inning RBI single—
hitting again with ducks on the pond—ended up the insurance run in Game Seven of the World Series.

Not to mention that Montero, a mid-game insertion for now-retired David Ross, was the man who steadied Aroldis Chapman,
after Chapman surrendered Rajai Davis’s eighth-inning Game Seven bomb that got close enough to ruining the Cubs’
season. Montero simply called for more breaking pitches in the ninth when Chapman was clearly out of gas, and Chapman
pitched it without a scratch.

With his celebration day commentary—however valid his complaint might have been in one regard (several commentators
concurred that manager Joe Maddon sometimes has communication problems)—Montero damn near wiped that work out
of the memory banks. Throwing Arrieta overboard Tuesday pushed the eraser down more firmly.

Anthony Rizzo, who hasn’t been having the kind of season people expected but who turned into a sniper when inserted
into the leadoff slot this month, didn’t take Montero’s attempted burial of Arrieta lightly. On the theory that one bad turn
deserves another, Rizzo went aboard another ESPN radio show, hosted in Chicago by David Kaplan, and let Montero
have it.

“I had no idea about [Montero's Arrieta remarks] until I got back to the hotel and saw all this stuff,” Rizzo fumed. “I got
a couple text messages from a couple of my friends just kinda asking, ‘What the hell is this guy doing?’

“Listen, we win as a team, we lose as a team. If you start pointing fingers, I think that just labels you as a selfish player.
I disagree. We have another catcher that throws out everyone who steals and he has Jon Lester who doesn’t pick over.
It’s no secret. I think going to the media with things like that, I don’t think it’s very professional.”

No, I didn’t miss the irony in Rizzo calling out a teammate publicly for calling out another teammate publicly, but Rizzo
remains acknowledged and secured as one of the Cubs’ clubhouse leaders while Montero had already eroded most of
his clubhouse cred last November. The Cubs have a lot more pressing issues to resolve if they’d like to have a postseason
encore in October.

Cubs president Theo Epstein minced no words after Montero was designated for assignment, either. “When something
goes wrong on the field we expect our players to take the blame, step up and proactively assume the blame for it, even
if it’s not their fault,” Epstein said.

“That’s the way to be a good teammate. He completely agreed when it was pointed out to him and he apologized. After
thinking about it some more, I just came to the conclusion that now more than ever we need to be a team. This was an
example of being a bad teammate publicly and that we’d be better off moving on and not standing for it.”

Montero was a two-time All-Star with a reputation for mentoring younger players in Arizona. The Cubs thought they were
getting that, and for a time they got the mentor (including for Contreras himself); back issues and other maladies wore
Montero down to top backup status.

And he wasn’t inclined to just sit back and accept it as the aging Ross became a team and media celebrity being exactly
what Montero should have been—a man at peace with himself, accepting of his lot, making the most of what he had,
continuing to teach and mentor younger players with far more baseball life ahead than that left to him.

Even sadder was that Montero showed genuine class as he departed, tweeting, “To the city of Chicago—Dear fans, today
I say goodbye to the greatest fans. I want to thank you for the support. It was an awesome ride. Winning the World
Series was simply fantastic. Thank you to my teammates—good luck to everyone of you. Thank you also to each staff
member, it was an honor to play for the Chicago Cubs organization. Chicago will always be in my heart.”

The question becomes whether Montero’s most poorly timed public complaints will take him out of Chicago’s. Even with
the single most important grand slam and eventual insurance run in team history on his resume.

Come on, man!   Who are you?   You can PM me.   The secret will be just between the two of us.      :laugh:   

If only you liked President Trump.....we could be FRiends!!     :beer:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #440 on: June 29, 2017, 09:00:33 pm »
Come on, man!   Who are you?   You can PM me.   The secret will be just between the two of us.      :laugh:   

OK, you forced me into it. I'm really . . .

EasyAce! ;)

If only you liked President Trump.....we could be FRiends!!     :beer:
Some of my best friends are people. You couldn't have one friend who thinks Donaldus Minimus isn't God, Jr.?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #441 on: June 29, 2017, 09:10:48 pm »
OK, you forced me into it. I'm really . . .

EasyAce! ;)
Some of my best friends are people. You couldn't have one friend who thinks Donaldus Minimus isn't God, Jr.?

I can say with a straight face I consider DCP a good friend, the kind I could enjoy JB with, and I'm out somewhere in the middle of the Trump Spectrum.  We've known each other too long to let something like that keep us down.
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #442 on: June 29, 2017, 09:19:58 pm »
I can say with a straight face I consider DCP a good friend, the kind I could enjoy JB with, and I'm out somewhere in the middle of the Trump Spectrum.  We've known each other too long to let something like that keep us down.

If there were never a Donald Trump, I'm sure we'd all get along just fine.

But where's the fun in that?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #443 on: June 29, 2017, 09:22:39 pm »

I have complete confidence we could all find something to fight about.  Like Baseball!  "So, was the DH rule the worst ever, or would you say it's the Deemed No-Pitch walk?  Discuss."
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #444 on: June 29, 2017, 09:26:40 pm »
I like DC too.  So much so I would give him CPR compressions and Mouth-to-Mouth if'n he has another Heart Attack with the hooker we were with at the time.....again

Glenlivet  for me though DCP...tha JB is out of my league....

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #445 on: June 29, 2017, 09:29:23 pm »

If there were never a Donaldus Minimus, I'm sure . . . there'd be some other head of the nation's largest organised
crime family* to divide and conquer us. ;)

(* Hint---it's headquarters are in Washington . . . )

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #446 on: June 29, 2017, 09:30:43 pm »
"So, was the DH rule the worst ever, or would you say it's the Deemed No-Pitch walk?  Discuss."
DH. Thumbs down. I predict the no-pitch walk won't wreak a sixteenth of the mischief the DH has wreaked.

(Which reminds me: while Madison Bumgarner is on rehab assignment, he's been taking extra batting practise . . . the
way the Giants are going this year every extra stick helps!)

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #447 on: June 29, 2017, 09:35:26 pm »
My vote is for DH as well.
Not a fan of either rule, but DH is the worst one of the two.
(...I am a beer guy, myself, should we all cross paths).

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #448 on: June 29, 2017, 09:44:36 pm »
I like DC too.  So much so I would give him CPR compressions and Mouth-to-Mouth if'n he has another Heart Attack with the hooker we were with at the time.....again

Glenlivet  for me though DCP...tha JB is out of my league....

Same here.  Love of baseball transcends all politics.  Mind if I add my compliment of beverage?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #449 on: June 29, 2017, 09:46:33 pm »
I have complete confidence we could all find something to fight about.  Like Baseball!  "So, was the DH rule the worst ever, or would you say it's the Deemed No-Pitch walk?  Discuss."

I started a poll for your question here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,269548.0.html