Author Topic: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!  (Read 95636 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!
« Reply #450 on: June 29, 2017, 09:51:03 pm »
DH. Thumbs down. I predict the no-pitch walk won't wreak a sixteenth of the mischief the DH has wreaked.

(Which reminds me: while Madison Bumgarner is on rehab assignment, he's been taking extra batting practise . . . the
way the Giants are going this year every extra stick helps!)

EA....

Rumor has it that MLB is toying with some bizarre overtime rule to allow a designated runner at second to start all extra innings.

To me , that is the beginning of the end.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #451 on: June 29, 2017, 09:51:25 pm »
DH. Thumbs down. I predict the no-pitch walk won't wreak a sixteenth of the mischief the DH has wreaked.

(Which reminds me: while Madison Bumgarner is on rehab assignment, he's been taking extra batting practise . . . the

The Giants have really broken hearts this year.  Dead last is never the place for a team of that caliber.  My Nephew is a big fan.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #452 on: June 29, 2017, 09:52:28 pm »
EA....

Rumor has it that MLB is toying with some bizarre overtime rule to allow a designated runner at second to start all extra innings.

A head start???  Damn, even the strike didn't phase me like that would.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #453 on: June 29, 2017, 09:55:20 pm »
A head start???  Damn, even the strike didn't phase me like that would.

I quit watching Pro baseball for a LONG time over that strike (this years Astros team has changed that a little) but will be gone again when they start that crap!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #454 on: June 29, 2017, 09:57:02 pm »
The Giants have really broken hearts this year.  Dead last is never the place for a team of that caliber.  My Nephew is a big fan.

Any chance they might want to send their catcher to Astros? :seeya:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #455 on: June 29, 2017, 10:21:34 pm »
Ahh baseball...7 guys standing around watching two guys play catch. :tongue2:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:21:53 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #456 on: June 29, 2017, 10:42:04 pm »
I like DC too.  So much so I would give him CPR compressions and Mouth-to-Mouth if'n he has another Heart Attack with the hooker we were with at the time.....again

Glenlivet  for me though DCP...tha JB is out of my league....

"You're welcome at my fire anytime", buddy    (from The Man From Snowy River)    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #457 on: June 29, 2017, 10:45:21 pm »

LOL!

"Baseball is like going to Church [Sunday].  Many attend, but few understand."

Boz wrote that once...but I can't recall if he was quoting another great.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #458 on: June 29, 2017, 10:48:06 pm »
EA....

The smart word is that baseball government thought about it . . . but let it go. Unlike government government,
once in awhile baseball government gets the a-ha! about prospective mischief before it can become mischief.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #459 on: June 29, 2017, 10:49:27 pm »
I'd rather watch that than a crowd of guys in masks trying to smother each other alive
while some poor sap in the middle of that mob tries to live long enough to throw something
that isn't even shaped like a ball.

But then I admit it's easier to watch the NFL---all you have to do is look at the daily police
blotter.  :tongue2:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #460 on: June 29, 2017, 10:53:38 pm »
I'd rather watch that than a crowd of guys in masks trying to smother each other alive
while some poor sap in the middle of that mob tries to live long enough to throw something
that isn't even shaped like a ball.

But then I admit it's easier to watch the NFL---all you have to do is look at the daily police
blotter.  :tongue2:

And an NBA game...where the last 5 minutes of any game is the only time worth watching.

Or an NHL game...a game of 150 turnovers.   Hockey, is soccer on skates.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #461 on: June 29, 2017, 10:59:53 pm »
And an NBA game...where the last 5 minutes of any game is the only time worth watching.

Or an NHL game...a game of 150 turnovers.   Hockey, is soccer on skates.

I hate Basketball.  It's Professional Wrestling.
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #462 on: June 29, 2017, 11:34:53 pm »
I hate Basketball.  It's Professional Wrestling.

Same here.  As a kid, I really liked it, as it blended athletism, defense, and skill.  Nowadays, it is a bunch of thugs being paid ungodly money for playground banter.

Wingnut

« Reply #463 on: June 29, 2017, 11:43:59 pm »

A soccer fan joins the discussion. :smokin:  lol

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2017, 11:48:06 pm »
A soccer fan joins the discussion. :smokin:  lol

Never trust a sport that won't allow you to grab your balls.

Wingnut

« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2017, 11:50:51 pm »
Never trust a sport that won't allow you to grab your balls.

QFT!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #466 on: June 30, 2017, 12:52:46 am »
I'd pick the Astros to win the whole thing this year. One really has to like their chances. Of course, a few other clubs are up there as well now, namely the Dodgers and Rockies.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #467 on: June 30, 2017, 01:13:00 am »

The DH is an abomination.

And Madison Baumgarner can't come back fast enough, no matter where the Giants end up in the standings.  He's just flat out fun to watch.  Besides, it's an odd year so nobody expects much out of the Giants anyway.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #468 on: June 30, 2017, 01:14:42 am »
LOL!

"Baseball is like going to Church [Sunday].  Many attend, but few understand."

Boz wrote that once...but I can't recall if he was quoting another great.

I like that one!

I also like this one:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #469 on: June 30, 2017, 01:15:43 am »
I'd pick the Astros to win the whole thing this year. One really has to like their chances. Of course, a few other clubs are up there as well now, namely the Dodgers and Rockies.

Uh.....you misspelled Nationals  @TomSea  :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #470 on: June 30, 2017, 01:23:44 am »
I like that one!

I also like this one:

If the GD Muslims would adopt the game of baseball, all jihad would cease to exist.

So long as the pitcher's name isn't Koufax, huh?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #471 on: June 30, 2017, 01:29:20 am »

Dude.....you jinxed it for us.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #472 on: June 30, 2017, 02:17:19 am »
The DH is an abomination.

And Madison Baumgarner can't come back fast enough, no matter where the Giants end up in the standings.  He's just flat out fun to watch.  Besides, it's an odd year so nobody expects much out of the Giants anyway.
They didn't get far in even-numbered last year (rousted in the NLDS), so we can put the odd-even thing
to bed. ;)

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #473 on: June 30, 2017, 02:19:03 am »
Hockey, is soccer on skates.
You mean it's improving? The last I looked, hockey was tag-team street brawling on skates.

Or, as TV Guide once put it to introduce the hockey portion of their fall sports preview,
"Good news for fight fans---the NHL is back."

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #474 on: June 30, 2017, 02:25:46 am »
You mean it's improving? The last I looked, hockey was tag-team street brawling on skates.

Or, as TV Guide once put it to introduce the hockey portion of their fall sports preview,
"Good news for fight fans---the NHL is back."

Stanley Cup Hockey is different than seasonal games. 

It's like Elizabeth McGovern morphing into Salma Hayek.   :laugh: