Author Topic: Conway: 'We're going to have to rethink our relationship' with press  (Read 10252 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Conway: 'We're going to have to rethink our relationship' with press
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2017, 06:35:08 pm »
All I have to go on are the reactions of those around me.  At the time of the presser, we had some guests that had dropped in on us that aren't politically savvy, but do dislike Obama immensely due to owning their own businesses and being sick of O's regulations.  Their reaction to the presser was, "Did you see that?  Amazing!  Put them in their place.  Wow!  Break it off in them!, You tell 'em, ..., etc.  Their eyes were big and their faces were gleeful.  These were not Trump supporters during the nomination.

While I was a bit stunned, their reaction was one of abject appreciation.  I do not know if their reaction is indicative of the general public, but it was interesting to watch.  If it is, it is no wonder Trump was elected.  People are sick to death of the BS and desire some butt-kicking and name-taking.  Trump appears to be giving it to them.  Smart move imo.

To me, one of the big take-aways from this election was the fact that the general public really hates the press.  They also hate politicians, but they're starting to wonder if that disapproval might be a result of a warped and biased press, which is why they hate the press even more today than they did a couple years ago.  They feel like they've been bamboozled, to borrow a word.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2017, 06:35:25 pm »
The vast majority of people whining about Trump are the same people who would whine about any President who doesn't have a "D" next to their name.

This here will be the typical unintelligent retort against any criticism of Trump. If you don't love Trump you're a commie.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:36:27 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2017, 06:35:36 pm »
Thanks!   :beer:

All of the standard tools for prognostication are broken and in the dumpster with this election, so the only conclusion I can come to is that nobody really knows where this is going to go now.  That's why the vast majority of Briefers are just taking a wait and see position.  A lot of people who have been dead set against him are now open to giving him a chance. 

I was hoping you'd see that as a big positive.

Thanks, back at you!   :beer:

I DO see it as a big positive, @Cyber Liberty and have even personally welcomed/acknowledged unfamiliar posters with appreciation for having the courage and confidence to not be intimidated by the staunch ANTI-Trumpers in here.

and will continue to do so! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2017, 06:38:05 pm »
Thanks, back at you!   :beer:

I DO see it as a big positive, @Cyber Liberty and have even personally welcomed/acknowledged unfamiliar posters with appreciation for having the courage and confidence to not be intimidated by the staunch ANTI-Trumpers in here.

and will continue to do so!

There aren't many "anti-Trumpers" left, DCP.  Most that were are now "wait-and-seers" who have accepted the fact he won the election and is in office now.  They will be right back at his throat if he Effs up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2017, 06:51:05 pm »
You know what DC!  I liked you a LOT better when you didn't continually insist on being the resident A$$H^%e around here!

He is the KING AH here, as far as I am concerned.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2017, 06:53:00 pm »

I think that's his official title.  :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2017, 06:56:24 pm »

...which isn't very "far" at all.   :whistle:

It's called 'tough love', son.  Deal with it.

99% of your posts are nothing but complaints and attacks on President Trump....and with each passing day, you appear more out-of-touch.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2017, 06:58:53 pm »
   So much for reaching across the isle, eh @catfish1957
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2017, 07:01:03 pm »

I think that's his official title.  :laugh:

But it's his ship now.....

He's the Top Dog,
The Big Man,
Numero Uno Honcho,
The Head Cheese.

I just hope he has the right stuff. Up scope.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2017, 07:18:31 pm »

I got to quit responding to self absorbent/important  nit wits like him.  I guess he doesn't understand people are laughing at him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2017, 07:18:37 pm »

Go and read his posting history and then get back to me.

Sheriff David Clarke: "The only reason I’ll be reaching across the aisle is to grab one of them by the throat"

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2017, 07:20:39 pm »
I got to quit responding to self absorbent/important  nit wits like him.  I guess he doesn't understand people are laughing at him.

LOL!   

I ain't like a certain somebody else here, son.   Couldn't care less what you think of me.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2017, 07:21:02 pm »
Go and read his posting history and then get back to me.

Sheriff David Clarke: "The only reason I’ll be reaching across the aisle is to grab one of them by the throat"

Might want to do a little of that for yours as well!  Just sayin.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2017, 07:52:53 pm »
LOL!   

I ain't like a certain somebody else here, son.   Couldn't care less what you think of me.

Calling me son?  Are you that incredibly condescendingly stupid?

The best meme that uses that term is Fog Horn Leg Horn, and I figure that is about your level of intellect.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:57:57 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2017, 07:57:18 pm »
Calling me son?  Are you that incredibly condescendingly stupid?

@catfish1957

Self answering question IMHO  :whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2017, 10:00:09 pm »
Yes Reagan used the internet with great success.  :silly:
I have no idea what that means.

Reagan took to the bully pulpit to speak directly to Americans and did not utilize the press to get his point across.

Are you embarrassing yourself in something else?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2017, 10:02:22 pm »
I have no idea what that means.

Reagan took to the bully pulpit to speak directly to Americans and did not utilize the press to get his point across.

Are you embarrassing yourself in something else?

Yes, he is.   And his alter-ego @Weird Tolkienish Figure  too!

I explained it the same way you did up thread.  They're so cute, aren't they? 

HonestJohn

« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2017, 10:04:05 pm »
ROFL!

All that....and $2.12, will get you any size coffee and a ring donut at the local 7-11.

You should hurry before they're all gone.  /s

Me?   A half-century of belly to belly interaction with people in business.

No, someone with that resume will get offers from major news corporations.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2017, 10:29:46 pm »
Those who say that Reagan 'went around the media' and 'spoke directly to the people' to get his message across ... how exactly was he able to do that?  How were people able to hear Reagan absent the filter of the mainstream media moreso than they are able to do today? 

Reagan was The Great Communicator, and he richly deserved that title.  He had a gift for connecting with our  thoughts and emotions -- primarily through his optimism and good humor, in my opinion.  But he was still constrained by the media.  He was dependent upon them to broadcast his speeches, cover his press conferences, report his actions.  A very small percentage of the American people at large heard the words from within the same room in which he spoke them.  The rest of us heard them on the TV, on the radio, or read them in the newspaper.  I don't think he went around the media so much as he pushed his message through it.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2017, 10:46:07 pm »
Those who say that Reagan 'went around the media' and 'spoke directly to the people' to get his message across ... how exactly was he able to do that?  How were people able to hear Reagan absent the filter of the mainstream media moreso than they are able to do today? 

Reagan was The Great Communicator, and he richly deserved that title.  He had a gift for connecting with our  thoughts and emotions -- primarily through his optimism and good humor, in my opinion.  But he was still constrained by the media.  He was dependent upon them to broadcast his speeches, cover his press conferences, report his actions.  A very small percentage of the American people at large heard the words from within the same room in which he spoke them.  The rest of us heard them on the TV, on the radio, or read them in the newspaper.  I don't think he went around the media so much as he pushed his message through it.

The suggestion that he "went around the media" is because that, despite the 24/7 hit-job on him, he won both elections with landslides.

If Twitter existed back then, he'd have used it.   Just like The Donald...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2017, 11:08:59 pm »

He was a likeable person and people wanted to hear what he said. Also it was at a time when few of us had access to 24 hour news coverage so if the president was on TV speaking people stopped to listen because it was important. There weren't daily televised press conferences and most of us wouldn't know the press secretary if we saw him. They didn't televise every speech the president gave or even film every time a foreign diplomat met Reagan. On 9/11/01 the media was fixated on shark attacks and broadcasting a George Bush visit to an elementary school. Neither one of which was really worthy of national news.

The only time Reagan 'went around' the media was when he asked them to broadcast his oval office speeches. Reagan didn't abuse that privilege and as a result, people treated those speeches with seriousness. Not many men could take full responsibility for Iran Contra like Reagan did and survive it. The press went all out to destroy Reagan over it but at the end of the day the people appreciated Reagan's humility and simply ignored the media.

The extent of Reagan's fighting with the media basically consists of "I paid for this microphone" and "Well, there you go again". He simply didn't waste time arguing with the media which turned out to be the best possible way of dealing with them. By his actions he showed himself to be a better man.

HonestJohn

« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2017, 11:58:56 pm »
Don't have much of a choice at this point.  One goes to war with the President one has, and I think people who insist he's going to do wrong before the stench of Obama and his flock of flies clears out of the White Hut have a crystal ball that works better than mine.

I like what he's done this morning, Mrs. Liberty is positively gleeful about TPP, she never liked it.  She's in charge of keeping an eye on the Markets in the Liberty Household.

No.  We, the people, choose our President.

The President 'goes to war' with the people he has.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2017, 12:21:03 am »
No.  We, the people, choose our President.

The President 'goes to war' with the people he has.

When it comes to war, we're all in it together.
I will NOT comply.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2017, 08:49:42 am »

...I went "ALL IN" on Donald Trump back in June, 2015, and I pulled a royal flush.

@Night Hides Not

Here is his Royal Flush:

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:50:40 am by rodamala »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2017, 06:26:26 pm »
@Night Hides Not

Here is his Royal Flush:

Thanks for the ping, I'll check it out when I get home.

@rodamala
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.