Author Topic: Trophy hunter killed in fall while stalking animals- Rev. Austin Miles  (Read 954 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
January 6, 2017
Trophy hunter killed in fall while stalking animals
By Rev. Austin Miles

Radio Host, producer, TV personality and national columnist Jerry Newcombe alerted us to this news item that took place Saturday. The story he sent absolutely made my day. It was a classic case of poetic justice, which we are seeing more and more of these days. CHEERS!

Italian trophy hunter, Luciano Ponzetto, posed happily on-line with his trophy kills, beautiful animals who posed no threat and were simply going about their lives before being cruelly cut down by a REAL beast.

This heartless murderer, who killed innocent animals in order to cut off their heads and display them in his home would proudly announce that he was a big game hunter, as if that were a status symbol. This made him feel like a man and a conqueror. This coward was neither.

There was nothing big or grand about this misfit mental case. No animal stood a chance with him since he was armed with high powered weapons that would tear them apart on impact. So this was a totally one-sided "conquest."

Ponzetto had just returned from another cruel hunting trip in Canada and was hunting with friends in Colle delle Oche near the northwest city of Turin on Saturday.

During this latest killing spree, according to The New York Post, when he made each kill, this deranged creep would pose with the dead animal, with a sickening victory smile on his face...see photo.

For his hunt in Italy, Ponzetto slipped on ice and fell 100 feet down a canyon splattering onto the rocks below. He died instantly from the fall. Pity. The magnificent animals he cut down in cold blood did NOT die instantly, but suffered intensely for a period of time that seemed to be an eternity for the animals, something these sickos seemingly take pleasure in.

Continued: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/miles/170106

Story, this was reported on back in December: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2385464/vet-who-posed-next-to-dead-lion-he-killed-falls-100ft-to-his-death-while-shooting-wild-birds/

No comment except, I would not speak of the dead in this manner. One can disapprove of the man's acts. It's not like he committed some horrible criminal act from what I can tell.  It is understandable if some strongly disagree with what he was doing.

Rev. Miles again, a bit over the top. "CHEERS"??? Really? I love animals but that is more reserved for terrorists, for people who do great harm to mankind and even then.

I do sympathize with the sentiments of disagreeing with what he did.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 05:37:35 pm by TomSea »

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trophy hunter killed in fall while stalking animals- Rev. Austin Miles
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 05:43:28 pm »
And then "Reverend" Miles immediately proceeded to go to the supermarket to buy some steaks.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 05:49:08 pm »
At least he went out with his boots on. Coulda been worse.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:33:35 am »
And then "Reverend" Miles immediately proceeded to go to the supermarket to buy some steaks.

@dfwgator

Most likely, yep.

I've loved animals from the time I was a little kid.  I'm not entirely logical when it comes to some aspects of it...for instance, I'm okay with hunting deer and such, and I love meat.  But I have no tolerance for killing big cats and elephants.  That's just my thing.

However, this is completely insane.  And the author needs to understand that "murder" is something done only to humans, not to animals.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 02:41:07 am »
@dfwgator

Most likely, yep.

I've loved animals from the time I was a little kid.  I'm not entirely logical when it comes to some aspects of it...for instance, I'm okay with hunting deer and such, and I love meat.  But I have no tolerance for killing big cats and elephants.  That's just my thing.

However, this is completely insane.  And the author needs to understand that "murder" is something done only to humans, not to animals.

Agreed.  I don't get the sport in trophy hunting.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 02:55:34 am »
Rev. Austin Miles also wrote the subject of this thread:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,241733.0.html

He also wrote this:

Game warden who helped Dr. Walter Palmer kill Cecil escapes charges

Dr. Walter Palmer, the Minnesota dentist, is a snarky little nerd of a man who felt he would prove his 'manhood' by cruelly killing the beloved lion, Cecil, in order to display his head prominently in his home. That dastardly deed not only failed to prove his manhood but made him the most hated man in America.

Palmer had made the trip to Zimbabwe to pay professional hunter,Theo Bronkhorst, $50,000 to lure Cecil out of the protected park to an unprotected area where the slaughter could take place. Bronkhorst also has been reported to be a game warden with the responsibility to protect animals in Hwange National Park.

After being led to Cecil by Bronkhorst, the beautiful lion was first shot by an arrow from the bow of Dr. Palmer, which punctured his insides and remained lodged in his body as Cecil used every ounce of strength he had left to flee. He suffered intensely for 11 horrible hours, roaring in agony, until Palmer, who stalked him, found where he was and finished him off, confirming his "manhood."

Continued: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/miles/161118

He's over the top in his writings generally and seems to be the equivalent of a "shock jock"; the germ of his ideas are not bad; how he expresses himself is.

Renew America, conservative website headed by Allen Keyes, really should consider dropping this guy until he expresses himself in a more palatable way, I'm almost surprised they print his pieces and I know in one case, they shelved one of his pieces until he fixed it up a bit.

To me, if he's a reverend, I'd question some of his values.