Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 209247 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #1875 on: December 30, 2017, 06:53:53 pm »

Back in the day when, according to some, things were the way they ought to be..... *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1876 on: December 30, 2017, 07:17:58 pm »
Back in the day when, according to some, things were the way they ought to be..... *****rollingeyes*****
@musiclady
And should be again . . .  9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 07:18:48 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1877 on: December 30, 2017, 07:34:18 pm »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1878 on: December 31, 2017, 02:38:55 am »
@TomSea

A crying damn shame. I can only hope they each came to realize the horror of what they did and were ashamed of themselves before they died.

And "Yes,I AM including the jurors."
I agree, and The Almighty will deal with them as He sees fit. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:39:22 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1879 on: December 31, 2017, 01:32:10 pm »
Can we leave the you-know-who potshots out of the obituary thread, please? That election was over weeks ago, and quite frankly, I'm tired of fighting that fight. Thanks.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #1880 on: December 31, 2017, 01:53:49 pm »

#VirtueSignal
Countdown to Resignation

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1881 on: December 31, 2017, 03:44:07 pm »
Can we leave the you-know-who potshots out of the obituary thread, please? That election was over weeks ago, and quite frankly, I'm tired of fighting that fight. Thanks.

Then don't.  I'm not tired of fighting for principles, for righteousness, for conservatism, or for decent behavior and equality (you know, the kind the Founding Fathers built into the system?)

If you think what I was referring to was only Moore, you are sadly mistaken.   There are a whole group of people talking about the "good old days," and this woman's suffering and shame was a significant part of those days.

It's important to remember that, jmyrle.   Don't shut truth out.

Online Mod2

« Reply #1882 on: December 31, 2017, 03:51:37 pm »
Could we please stay on topic? It's probably a good thing that a new Obituaries page starts tomorrow.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1883 on: December 31, 2017, 05:44:14 pm »
Could we please stay on topic? It's probably a good thing that a new Obituaries page starts tomorrow.

What I posted was on topic.......... about the death of a woman who was gang raped and her rapists set free by a white male jury.

Those weren't the "good old days."   That is a relevant comment to make on an obituary thread.

Completely.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1884 on: December 31, 2017, 08:16:59 pm »
What I posted was on topic.......... about the death of a woman who was gang raped and her rapists set free by a white male jury.

Those weren't the "good old days."   That is a relevant comment to make on an obituary thread.

Completely.
That wasn't a miscarriage of justice, it was an abortion, whether racism was relevant to the outcome or not (which might have been the same if she was just "poor white trash", too). Either way, there is a final Judge, and they cannot escape His jurisdiction.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis