Author Topic: The man behind the Trump rally disturbance in Reno,  (Read 15463 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The man behind the Trump rally disturbance in Reno,
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2016, 07:43:38 pm »

Smallest ride was a Harley M-50 (actually Italian made). Imagine 6', 240 lbs riding one of those (it was for a parade) making all of 30 with a brisk tailwind trying to catch up with the rest of the bikes on the way to the staging area...Monkeys and footballs come to mind....

@Smokin Joe

Used to be a guy I would see riding around in Denver in warm weather back in the 70's. Had  him a chrome-plated Nazi helmet,chrome plated primary chain belt,cut-off levi jacket with patches all over it,leather gloves with no fingers,the whole "outlaw" costume.

And he was riding a Harley 350 Sprint with a stoopid long front end and a sissy bar just about as long. I couldn't help but smile every time I would see him,and he would wave back.

The funniest part is he was at least in his mid-20's and was probably 6'6" and 300 lbs. My best guess is he had some emotional/mental problems. Big as he was,I never saw anybody trying to mess with him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2016, 07:46:43 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Used to be a guy I would see riding around in Denver in warm weather back in the 70's. Had  him a chrome-plated Nazi helmet,chrome plated primary chain belt,cut-off levi jacket with patches all over it,leather gloves with no fingers,the whole "outlaw" costume.

And he was riding a Harley 350 Sprint with a stoopid long front end and a sissy bar just about as long. I couldn't help but smile every time I would see him,and he would wave back.

The funniest part is he was at least in his mid-20's and was probably 6'6" and 300 lbs. My best guess is he had some emotional/mental problems. Big as he was,I never saw anybody trying to mess with him.
What an image!
When you're that size you can get away with a lot, and no one will mess with you.  :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2016, 09:42:26 pm »
What an image!
When you're that size you can get away with a lot, and no one will mess with you.  :silly:

@Smokin Joe

It was even worse than that. I just remembered the giant ape hanger bars that had him holding his hand up about level with the top of his head.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2016, 09:46:21 pm »
@Smokin Joe

It was even worse than that. I just remembered the giant ape hanger bars that had him holding his hand up about level with the top of his head.
Now that fills out the image. I remember kids doing that with bicycles, too, with long forks and apehangers. I never liked apes, myself. My hands went numb after a little while, and they didn't make handling any easier. With 6 months of riding weather in the average year, I want all the maneuverability I can muster to avoid cages and other idiots. By the time you get people to look, they are back to winter mode (and now they have those sucking phones and dash displays to fiddle with!).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis