Author Topic: The man behind the Trump rally disturbance in Reno,  (Read 15499 times)

Oceander

Re: The man behind the Trump rally disturbance in Reno,
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2016, 11:24:17 pm »
@Victoria33

What I said was you FEEL the adrenaline RUSH once the immediate crisis ends.

I think that's true enough; when you're in the rush, you don't feel it - that's probably part of what adrenaline does - but once the need for the adrenaline is gone and it starts to unwind, then you feel it.  And people do react differently.  For myself - just myself, nobody else - sometimes I feel that "rush" sensation, like I'm on top of the world, before it fades, other times, I feel shaky and sometimes get a little nauseous.  I haven't really ever tried to figure out the whys.

My disclosure:  I'm just a civilian slob, so that's just where I'm coming from.  It's just me, everyone else's experiences will be different.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2016, 11:39:41 pm »
I think I had some adrenaline once. When my kids were little they set a bedroom on fire. Figured it was a  stuffed animal they lit and it went fast from there. The wife got herself and the kids out. I went in and started throwing everything out of the bedroom out the back door. And I mean everything. Bed, blankets (they were burning), dresser, curtains (they were burning), toys, stuffed animals (they were burning). Ripped out  the carpet and pad (they were burning). When the FD got there they wanted to start axing walls, flooding he house, etc. That got me going. That's when I had that thing--adrenaline rush. I told them it would be nice if they could put out the bonfire in the back yard.  ^-^
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2016, 11:48:03 pm »
I think it's because physical stress - heavy physical exertion, really - is a 'clean' stress and leaves you feeling "emptied out" in a good way, as if all of the junk inside has been flushed or burned out.  BWM&K (before work, marriage and kids) I used to cycle on a regular basis - at least 100 miles a week - and after a full day of cycling I'd get that wonderful washed out feeling that only comes from totally using yourself up.  Now that my kid's getting older, maybe I can find some time to do that again, at least once a week.

@Oceander

Well,if you are healthy enough to do it,nothing but good can come from it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2016, 11:50:03 pm »
I think that's true enough; when you're in the rush, you don't feel it - that's probably part of what adrenaline does - but once the need for the adrenaline is gone and it starts to unwind, then you feel it.  And people do react differently.  For myself - just myself, nobody else - sometimes I feel that "rush" sensation, like I'm on top of the world, before it fades, other times, I feel shaky and sometimes get a little nauseous.  I haven't really ever tried to figure out the whys.

@Oceander

There is no reason to try to figure out why. It's one of those "it is what it is" things,and your only option is to ride along with it because you can't change it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Silver Pines

« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2016, 11:51:56 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

"...he was free to bring his sign into the rally..."

Actually, he was not.  I read this morning that when people are checked before going in a rally now, besides checking for weapons, no outside signs are allowed in.  This makes sense.  The campaign gives out their signs after the people go into the rally.  This is to keep weird signs and anti-Trump signs from getting on TV.  This guy could have held up his sign outside the rally, but not inside.

I have read numerous accounts of what the man did, and he had his sign hidden when he went into the rally.  So, he was pulling his anti-Trump sign out from his shirt to hold it up.  It was his action pulling out the sign that set people off and someone yelling, "Gun!"  That set off the Secret Service to almost literally drag Trump out of there fast.

The look on the face of one SS man was like steel - his face said he was ready to take a bullet or kill anyone who was a threat to the life of Trump.

Bob spoke to me about the Secret Service this morning after this incident. You know Bob worked at the Pentagon in classified information coming into the CIA.  He would go to the White House to deliver top secret info. for the President.  He interacted with the Secret Service agents.  He said their training is tough and they have to be willing to take a bullet to "save" the president, die if necessary, or they cannot be agents.

I don't know how they live like that, as their adrenaline has to be pouring into their body all the time, on guard for that bullet that may be coming from anyone in the surrounding area where the president is.  We saw that yesterday, the agents were going to protect the life of the candidate if they had to die to do it.

@Jazzhead @INVAR @Cripplecreek @CatherineofAragon @skeeter @jmyrlefuller @Suppressed  @Night Hides Not  @Norm Lenhart  @catfish1957  @Fantom @sinkspur  @libertybele @LMAO @RAT Patrol  @bigheadfred @bilo @musiclady @Chosen Daughter @Bigun  @mystery-ak  @mr potato head @Emjay @XenaLee @Sanguine @Once-Ler @txradioguy @kartographer @Smokin Joe @montanajoe @Gov Bean Counter  @EC  @AbaraXas   @geronl   @roamer_1   @Freya   @Oceander  @corbe  @bigheadfred  @Machiavelli  @mystery-ak

@Victoria33

Where have you been??

Thanks, my friend, for clarifying that he wasn't free to bring his sign inside.  But from what I've read, he was already holding his sign, and some flake shouted "gun."  Then the beating and kicking ensued. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2016, 11:52:50 pm »
@RAT Patrol

I so agree with you - RAT Patrol, did you know I really like you?   034  Emotions are high on TBR when we post and I think we neglect to tell others we like and appreciate them.  There are plenty of attacks here, but where are the good feelings toward others?

Now, just as you say, Trump on the Titanic would do whatever necessary to get on a boat.  No one would matter except him and that is how he lives his life - "Me, I am me and no one else is me and I don't care what happens to anyone but me."  I truly, honestly, detest this fake salesman as he may end up president.  Only caring about himself, he will destroy our relationship with our allies, reports from our allies show they are wary of their future if he is president.  The world revolves around this country, so the future of the world depends on what Trump would do as president.  He is truly the emperor without clothes and his supporters cannot see he is naked with no redeeming values/qualities.

I also like/appreciate these people (and I'm sure I have likely left off others):
@Jazzhead @INVAR @Cripplecreek @CatherineofAragon @skeeter @jmyrlefuller @Suppressed  @Night Hides Not  @Norm Lenhart  @catfish1957  @Fantom @sinkspur  @libertybele @LMAO @RAT Patrol  @bigheadfred @bilo @musiclady @Chosen Daughter @Bigun  @mystery-ak  @mr potato head @Emjay @XenaLee @Sanguine @Once-Ler @txradioguy @kartographer @Smokin Joe @montanajoe @Gov Bean Counter  @EC  @AbaraXas   @geronl   @roamer_1   @Freya   @Oceander  @corbe  @bigheadfred 
@Machiavelli    @mystery-ak

@Victoria33

This is probably the best post I've seen during the last few days, maybe even weeks. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2016, 12:09:08 am »
@CatherineofAragon

"...he was free to bring his sign into the rally..."

Actually, he was not.  I read this morning that when people are checked before going in a rally now, besides checking for weapons, no outside signs are allowed in.  This makes sense.  The campaign gives out their signs after the people go into the rally.  This is to keep weird signs and anti-Trump signs from getting on TV.  This guy could have held up his sign outside the rally, but not inside.

I have read numerous accounts of what the man did, and he had his sign hidden when he went into the rally.  So, he was pulling his anti-Trump sign out from his shirt to hold it up.  It was his action pulling out the sign that set people off and someone yelling, "Gun!"  That set off the Secret Service to almost literally drag Trump out of there fast.

The look on the face of one SS man was like steel - his face said he was ready to take a bullet or kill anyone who was a threat to the life of Trump.

Bob spoke to me about the Secret Service this morning after this incident. You know Bob worked at the Pentagon in classified information coming into the CIA.  He would go to the White House to deliver top secret info. for the President.  He interacted with the Secret Service agents.  He said their training is tough and they have to be willing to take a bullet to "save" the president, die if necessary, or they cannot be agents.

I don't know how they live like that, as their adrenaline has to be pouring into their body all the time, on guard for that bullet that may be coming from anyone in the surrounding area where the president is.  We saw that yesterday, the agents were going to protect the life of the candidate if they had to die to do it.

@Jazzhead @INVAR @Cripplecreek @CatherineofAragon @skeeter @jmyrlefuller @Suppressed  @Night Hides Not  @Norm Lenhart  @catfish1957  @Fantom @sinkspur  @libertybele @LMAO @RAT Patrol  @bigheadfred @bilo @musiclady @Chosen Daughter @Bigun  @mystery-ak  @mr potato head @Emjay @XenaLee @Sanguine @Once-Ler @txradioguy @kartographer @Smokin Joe @montanajoe @Gov Bean Counter  @EC  @AbaraXas   @geronl   @roamer_1   @Freya   @Oceander  @corbe  @bigheadfred  @Machiavelli  @mystery-ak

That's not how the incident went down. It wouldn't make any sense

The man was holding up the sign already when people noticed what was on it  what reason would anyone to tell "gun" because some random person in the audience was reaching into his shirt?

He held up the sign, people saw it and the scuffle began.

We've seen video of anti-Trump protesters at a Trump rally get sucker punched by Trump supporters, why is it so difficult to understand what happened here?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2016, 12:20:01 am »
That's not how the incident went down. It wouldn't make any sense

The man was holding up the sign already when people noticed what was on it  what reason would anyone to tell "gun" because some random person in the audience was reaching into his shirt?

He held up the sign, people saw it and the scuffle began.

We've seen video of anti-Trump protesters at a Trump rally get sucker punched by Trump supporters, why is it so difficult to understand what happened here?

So basically, Trump supporters, being the gutless cowards they are, tried Swatting the guy.

Just imagine if he wins. That's the treatment all opponents can expect. History, theirs and the worlds as a whole, is pretty clear on what happens next. And lets be honest, they have said it right here on TBR.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2016, 12:34:26 am »
Not me. After the fact is for barfin' and shakin' like a dog sh*tting peach pits. It's kinda my thing and I have perfected it over many years. I never considered that the RUSH... more the coming down.

That's how it worked with me as well. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2016, 12:50:02 am »
I think it's because physical stress - heavy physical exertion, really - is a 'clean' stress and leaves you feeling "emptied out" in a good way, as if all of the junk inside has been flushed or burned out.  BWM&K (before work, marriage and kids) I used to cycle on a regular basis - at least 100 miles a week - and after a full day of cycling I'd get that wonderful washed out feeling that only comes from totally using yourself up.  Now that my kid's getting older, maybe I can find some time to do that again, at least once a week.
@Oceander
I think a lot of that's right.
Rocks are a high-stress, high-exertion puzzle for me. It's just so simple and real. Dire, yet uncomplicated... Just you and God, the rock, and the ground. Success is SO grand, and failure the same. Definitely get that 'washed-out' thing.

There's some sketchy rock pretty close to town... biggest stuff is maybe two pitches, but with a good bit of really tight big-wall stuff that was just murderous and wonderful at the same time. An hour or two of that after work, and all the troubles of the day just slid right off. None of it seemed anywhere near as scary/stressful by comparison...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:50:35 am by roamer_1 »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2016, 12:54:19 am »
I never said he didn't have the right to be there - just that he was an idiot for doing so. I have every right to stand outside the nearest biker bar and shout "Harleys are for bleep!", but I'd have to be insane or a complete moron to do so.

I was in Amsterdam doing the "college kid summer in Europe" thing. There was a Hell's Angels bar down the street from the outdoor cafe we were sitting at. This kid climbs on a Harley and is screwing around. His friends are telling him to get off. This huge guy comes out of the bar and THROWS this kid against the brick wall of the bar. SMACK! The kid didn't get up. The EMT's had pick him up.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2016, 01:05:45 am »
@RAT Patrol
@ConstitutionRose

I never said he didn't have the right to be there - just that he was an idiot for doing so. I have every right to stand outside the nearest biker bar and shout "Harleys are for pansies!", but I'd have to be insane or a complete moron to do so.
LOL! No, but you would need a much faster bike...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2016, 01:11:30 am »
LOL! No, but you would need a much faster bike...

Thats not exactly a tough hurdle to overcome... ;)

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2016, 01:19:10 am »
Thats not exactly a tough hurdle to overcome... ;)
True enough, and I'm a Hog rider from way back.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2016, 01:24:19 am »

I never got the Harley thing. I accept they are great at what they are, I just always preferred rice rockets. And for the price of a Harley you could have a race prepped Yamaha.

But it takes all kinds. To each their own!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2016, 01:27:11 am »
I never got the Harley thing. I accept they are great at what they are, I just always preferred rice rockets. And for the price of a Harley you could have a race prepped Yamaha.

But it takes all kinds. To each their own!

Man, you are sooo unAmerican.  :laugh:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2016, 01:29:50 am »
Man, you are sooo unAmerican.  :laugh:

BANSAI!!!!!!! ;)

HonestJohn

« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2016, 01:45:15 am »

Hogs are for bacon and ham, not riding.

DO NOT DO THIS!!!

:tongue2:

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:45:42 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2016, 01:52:55 am »
Hogs are for bacon and ham, not riding.

DO NOT DO THIS!!!

:tongue2:

In it's defense, the pig is faster, more comfortable, lighter and doesn't leak oil.

(Runs from thrown bottles)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2016, 02:04:02 am »
I sense a disturbance in Reno.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2016, 02:05:18 am »
@Emjay

Pardon me. I just thought you were hysterical. I didn't realize you are stupid.

Is that your idea of a clever insult?  I'm not the one who was stupid enough to compare a trump rally with a LaRaza rally and get called on it. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2016, 02:16:09 am »
In it's defense, the pig is faster, more comfortable, lighter and doesn't leak oil.

(Runs from thrown bottles)
Hey! Get a better saddle and forward controls, my ride is pretty basic (lighter that way, and a hardtail), it does mark it's spot, and it doesn't leave behind the smell of pig sh*t, which is particularly offensive. It's quick off the line, but it isn't built for top end. WTH, it's an '82.

When that pig turns 35, what will it be worth? Nothing if you don't skin it and make footballs and have just the right people sign them. :tongue2:

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2016, 02:17:20 am »
Hey! Get a better saddle and forward controls, my ride is pretty basic (lighter that way, and a hardtail), it does mark it's spot, and it doesn't leave behind the smell of pig sh*t, which is particularly offensive. It's quick off the line, but it isn't built for top end. WTH, it's an '82.

When that pig turns 35, what will it be worth? Nothing if you don't skin it and make footballs and have just the right people sign them. :tongue2:

The pig handles better too ;)

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2016, 02:44:24 am »
The pig handles better too ;)
In deep mud, maybe!

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2016, 02:51:38 am »