Author Topic: Ted Cruz was right: Trump was no match for Clinton at the debates  (Read 2616 times)

Online libertybele

Ted Cruz was right about a lot of things.

Ted Cruz was right: Trump was no match for Clinton at the debates

LAS VEGAS — At one of the last debates during the Republican primary, rival Ted Cruz turned to Donald Trump and asserted he was too cozy with Hillary Clinton to take her on — much less take her down — in a presidential debate. Trump shot back that he was “the last person that Hillary Clinton wants to face.”

By May, Trump was getting downright cocky. “I sort of wish we had more than three,” he boasted on CNBC.

But at the end of the third debate Wednesday night, it was clear that Cruz had been correct, if for different reasons: Trump proved to be no match for Clinton.

For the first hour or so of a competition here that he desperately needed to turn into a referendum on Clinton, Trump advanced a methodical contrast of their views on guns and the Supreme Court and offered an aggressive, if shaky, critique of Clinton’s record on immigration, abortion and other matters. But he appeared rattled at times by her jabs and then fell back into a habit that has tripped him up time and again: making the debate about himself and his controversial views.

...For the GOP, the debates have amounted to an enormous missed opportunity to mount its case against Clinton, which has been years in the making and which many Republicans were once confident would be their key to victory. The Republican nominee struggled throughout the debates to keep a consistent focus on Clinton rather than himself, just as he has in the rest of the campaign....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ted-cruz-was-right-trump-was-no-match-for-clinton-at-the-debates/2016/10/20/b6bda5cc-960e-11e6-bc79-af1cd3d2984b_story.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Re: Ted Cruz was right: Trump was no match for Clinton at the debates
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 05:24:55 pm »
...what could have been.  So very sad.  Those that supported Trump in the primaries ARE responsible for giving us the worst possible candidate to run against Hillary.  We tried to warn you all and you all refused to listen. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 05:28:29 pm »
...what could have been.  So very sad.  Those that supported Trump in the primaries ARE responsible for giving us the worst possible candidate to run against Hillary.  We tried to warn you all and you all refused to listen.

If it had just been about supporting Trump it would've been bad enough, but there'd be no hard feelings.

But the manner in which Trump won the primaries makes it extremely hard not to be really p*ssed off at many of his 'supporters'.

Offline chae

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 05:59:42 pm »
I made this comment that Hillary Clinton thanks the Trump supporters for nominating the one person she can beat in an election and a guy I've been friends with for years cussed me out up one side and down that other.
I don't know what it is about this guy that brings out the absolute worst in his supporters.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 06:09:11 pm »

When this is all over, don't count on them ever admitting we were wright about Trump. In fact if Trump announces on November 9th that he is creating the Trump Party, and that he will run again in 2020, count on them to follow him. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 06:33:58 pm »
When this is all over, don't count on them ever admitting we were wright about Trump. In fact if Trump announces on November 9th that he is creating the Trump Party, and that he will run again in 2020, count on them to follow him.

Donny will be bankrupt again by then and have no money. His deadbeat supporters expect him to self finance, so it will be a bust.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 06:49:07 pm »

Quote from: libertybele on Today at 12:24:55 PM

Quote from: skeeter
If it had just been about supporting Trump it would've been bad enough, but there'd be no hard feelings.

But the manner in which Trump won the primaries makes it extremely hard not to be really p*ssed off at many of his 'supporters'.

@libertybele
@skeeter

I'm guessing y'all were dissed, abused, bullied and ridiculed, had posts deleted and were kicked off of message boards just as so many NeverTrumpers were. Not content to just be abusive to people who couldn't support Trump, they also set out to burn down the house by viciously disparaging every candidate or politician who disagreed with Trump, effectively rendering them damaged goods. They ridiculed us for our "purity" when we said we couldn't support Trump, yet their "purity" (snicker) for bowing down to all things Trump prevents them from even considering another candidate, even the ones who are capable of defeating a liberal.

This is nothing but a personality cult. It will be one for the history books.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 06:56:16 pm »
..For the GOP, the debates have amounted to an enormous missed opportunity to mount its case against Clinton, which has been years in the making and which many Republicans were once confident would be their key to victory.

For the GOP, the debates have primary and ultimate nomination of an inarticulate, angry, insincere, ignorant man-child amounted to an enormous missed opportunity to mount its case against defeat the corrupt and unlikable Clinton, which has been years in the making and which many Republicans were once confident would be their key to victory.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 06:58:10 pm »

Who ran a clean campaign?

Not the guy whose campaigned accused Kasich of receiving Soros money, said Ben Carson dropped out in Iowa (or Rubio in Hawaii) or that Rubio said about the Bible, there are no answers in there.

Scott Walker, Rick Perry, Ben Carson did not do that.

Towards the end, I guess Rubio may have done some things.

Still; we will see.

I'm not taking the Washington Post's word.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 07:00:33 pm »

I'm not taking the Washington Post's word.

This from the guy who is trying to use Politico...which was founded by former WaPo writers and staffers as "proof" in another thread.

Schizo much?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 07:02:34 pm »

@libertybele
@skeeter

yet their "purity" (snicker) for bowing down to all things Trump prevents them from even considering another candidate

It prevented them from even admitting the man had faults. I still see people on Facebook writing "I see nothing wrong with Trump." As if they'd never ever heard anything bad about the guy before. (Personally, I looked and never found anything good)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 07:03:51 pm »
This from the guy who is trying to use Politico...which was founded by former WaPo writers and staffers as "proof" in another thread.

Schizo much?

It's something he learned from the orange one. Flip-flopping. It works in their circles.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 07:05:15 pm »

Exactly right.  Trump is the only one who could lose to the wretched Clinton.

And it appears that he is continuing to try to do so.

We will always ask ourselves why his angry followers refused to recognize the truth writ large on the wall and chose this amoral liberal moron to supposedly fight against liberalism, but I am sure we'll never get an answer.

His followers will stupidly blame conservatives for Trump's loss  (even though he bragged that he didn't need or want our votes), but the truth is that he is so despicable a human being that only the most devoted blind followers can't see it.

It is their fault we are going to have to suffer under Hillary, because they fell in love with her buddy Donald.....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 07:06:16 pm »
It's something he learned from the orange one. Flip-flopping. It works in their circles.

It's more than flip-flopping.  It's fundamental dishonesty, and Trump's lackeys ooze it out of their every pore.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 07:06:59 pm »
It prevented them from even admitting the man had faults. I still see people on Facebook writing "I see nothing wrong with Trump." As if they'd never ever heard anything bad about the guy before. (Personally, I looked and never found anything good)

I'm pretty sure there isn't anything good about him.  If there were, at least ONE of us would have seen it.

geronl

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 07:11:25 pm »
Exactly right.  Trump is the only one who could lose to the wretched Clinton.

And it appears that he is continuing to try to do so.

Some of us have said it from the start, he is running to elect Hillary. Destroying the GOP was an added bonus, destroying conservatives was the whipped cream on the cake, destroying Ted Cruz was the sprinkles and getting his blind followers to follow him in whatever next move of destruction (not voting for GOP congress candidates maybe) will be cherries on top.

Heck, maybe next week or the week after he'll say he never wanted it anyway and cancel all appearances and rallies.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 07:16:15 pm »
Some of us have said it from the start, he is running to elect Hillary. Destroying the GOP was an added bonus, destroying conservatives was the whipped cream on the cake, destroying Ted Cruz was the sprinkles and getting his blind followers to follow him in whatever next move of destruction (not voting for GOP congress candidates maybe) will be cherries on top.

Heck, maybe next week or the week after he'll say he never wanted it anyway and cancel all appearances and rallies.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised.

Ever since the idea first was posited that Trump was merely a stalking horse for Hillary, his words and actions have backed up the theory.  Aside from the fact that he is her ideological twin, he has done nothing to actually try to win this election.

The whole thing is a big con, IMO.  The man can't be trusted with ANYTHING.

Offline beandog

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 07:16:16 pm »

Absolutely correct.  The big problem was even after tRump won the primaries both he, and his little tRumpkins, didn't stop with the bashing.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 07:21:44 pm »
I'm pretty sure there isn't anything good about him.  If there were, at least ONE of us would have seen it.

Ain't that the truth?! From the people I know IRL, the only good thing they can say about him is that he's not Hillary. Sorry, but I need a little bit more than that to go on.

Sometimes I wonder of those gullible Christians ever tried to sit him down and explain to him that he needs to humble himself and apologize for some stuff. When he got by with saying that he only liked military members who weren't captured, he must have felt bulletproof. He continued to say and do objectionable things after that and the Trumpettes cheered even louder! Always loving to be the center of attention and adored by throngs of people, he naturally concluded that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue without losing one supporter. I have to wonder if any of the Trumpettes understood just how stupid that made them look. Jim Jones comes to mind. 

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 07:28:25 pm »

I liked what he said about how the US spends too much of our blood and treasure playing the world's policeman, and it is time for the rest of the civilized world to step up.

Of course, since he's lied about pretty much everything, I'd be an idiot to take him at his word.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

geronl

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 07:28:50 pm »

Sometimes I wonder of those gullible Christians ever tried to sit him down and explain to him that he needs to humble himself and apologize for some stuff.

He's a 70-year spoiled brat who feels entitled to other men's wives like Caligula, surrounded by sycophants he has seen no reason to change.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2016, 07:32:10 pm »

Oh God I hope so! Seriously. Get them the hell out of the Right. The DNC is going to splinter. It is now. We might have a chance at fixing this.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2016, 07:33:58 pm »
I liked what he said about how the US spends too much of our blood and treasure playing the world's policeman, and it is time for the rest of the civilized world to step up.

Of course, since he's lied about pretty much everything, I'd be an idiot to take him at his word.

He's says alot of things I agree with completely. If it was anyone but Trump saying it I'd believe it. But a known liar is saying it so none of it is credible.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2016, 07:36:05 pm »
Absolutely correct.  The big problem was even after tRump won the primaries both he, and his little tRumpkins, didn't stop with the bashing.

Trumps supporters alienated everyone else. They acted/act just like Democrat supporters. So they should be treated exactly as we treat Democrats.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2016, 07:36:58 pm »
The New York liberal said he would build a wall, make Mexico pay for it and they jumped on board his loser train!

Yes, incredibly and almost unbelievably, they are that shallow.