Author Topic: Report: US Would Have Bled 4.5 Mil Jobs Were It Not For The Oil Revolution  (Read 987 times)

Offline thackney

Report: US Would Have Bled 4.5 Mil Jobs Were It Not For The Oil Revolution
http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/22/report-us-would-have-bled-4-5-mil-jobs-were-it-not-for-the-oil-revolution/
09/22/2016

The U.S. would have bled millions of jobs and the economy would have contracted by $548 billion were it not for explosion in oil and gas development, according to a report by an energy industry group.

An analysis by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce found that the natural gas revolution generated more than 4.3 million jobs and injected nearly half a trillion dollars into the economy. It also determined that all those jobs would have been lost had the so-called “Keep it in the Ground” movement succeeded in suffocating the oil revolution.

The group compared data from 2015 to similar data in 2009, when the public first began to notice a massive uptick in energy production. Analysts used models comparing capital investments, energy prices, among other key indicators, to estimate the “multiplier” effects of dramatic energy sector growth.

“The ‘Keep it in the Ground’ movement completely ignores the vast benefits to our nation’s economy that the energy renaissance has brought to us,” Karen Harbert, Chamber of Commerce CEO, said in a press statement Thursday.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Report: US Would Have Bled 4.5 Mil Jobs Were It Not For The Oil Revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 10:07:20 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/22/report-us-would-have-bled-4-5-mil-jobs-were-it-not-for-the-oil-revolution/
09/22/2016

The U.S. would have bled millions of jobs and the economy would have contracted by $548 billion were it not for explosion in oil and gas development, according to a report by an energy industry group.

An analysis by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce found that the natural gas revolution generated more than 4.3 million jobs and injected nearly half a trillion dollars into the economy. It also determined that all those jobs would have been lost had the so-called “Keep it in the Ground” movement succeeded in suffocating the oil revolution.

The group compared data from 2015 to similar data in 2009, when the public first began to notice a massive uptick in energy production. Analysts used models comparing capital investments, energy prices, among other key indicators, to estimate the “multiplier” effects of dramatic energy sector growth.

“The ‘Keep it in the Ground’ movement completely ignores the vast benefits to our nation’s economy that the energy renaissance has brought to us,” Karen Harbert, Chamber of Commerce CEO, said in a press statement Thursday.

I had no idea that the US Chamber of Commerce is an 'energy industry group'.

Does this not seem odd the way this article is written to say it that way?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 09:18:42 pm »
The ultimate in irony - the very industry that Obama and minions hate the most after coal, is the very industry that saved their butts from getting thrown out after his first term.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 11:16:34 pm »
The ultimate in irony - the very industry that Obama and minions hate the most after coal, is the very industry that saved their butts from getting thrown out after his first term.

Indeed

The oil boom was the one bright spot in an otherwise soft "recovery"
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 04:50:43 am »
09/22/2016

Except for midstream, production, and some completion jobs, the oil industry has bled tens of thousands of jobs since the price dropped.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis