Author Topic: Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I’ve Made a Lot of Sacrifices'  (Read 9018 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And people want this THING as CinC.

The only thing vaguely encouraging in this bleep up is that not one of the Trump supporters here is trying to spin or support this.

Thank you all for that.
When the PAC made an ad out of the GQ cover image, Trump, without the facts, (or maybe--even worse--with them) went after Heidi Cruz.
The PAC, it turns out was run by pro-Rubio people and wasn't Cruz connected, but Trump lied about it to cover the retaliatory strikes against the wrong people.
Rash, vindictive, wrong.
Do you want that finger on the nuclear button?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
When the PAC made an ad out of the GQ cover image, Trump, without the facts, (or maybe--even worse--with them) went after Heidi Cruz.
The PAC, it turns out was run by pro-Rubio people and wasn't Cruz connected, but Trump lied about it to cover the retaliatory strikes against the wrong people.
Rash, vindictive, wrong.
Do you want that finger on the nuclear button?

Liz Mair made the ad for an anti Trump PAC and openly admitted to it. She did support Rubio.

Creator of Anti-Trump Ad Featuring Melania Goes on Twitter Tirade Against the Billionaire

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/24/creator-of-anti-trump-ad-featuring-melania-goes-on-twitter-tirade-against-the-billionaire/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
My son served in the US Army.   Four years in Germany and Hungary, supporting the Bosnia mission.
A friend asked me why would anyone want to join the military.............so this so called friend  could sit there on his fat rear end and wonder why.

@Rivergirl thank you for your son's service.  :patriot:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Trump should show some morals and apologize to the family.
If past performance is any guide to future returns with Trump, he will double down.

Recall, he was "very lucky" despite having gone to military schools, to get a draft deferment for college (three times) and then be found medically unacceptable when the college deferment ran out.

But! all that 'messing around' in college and not coming down with a venereal disease was his personal Vietnam.

He doesn't like people who were POWs, either.

Now he's dissing the mother of a fallen soldier....

He even hid behind a hastily assembled fundraiser for veterans groups to dodge a presidential primary debate.

I'm sure there is plenty of reason there to believe he will back our troops...or maybe not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

HonestJohn

This story proves that Trump has some serious mental health issues.  The Republican Party is indeed screwed for having nominated him.  And how any soldier or veteran or bereaved family of a fallen soldier could continue to support him is beyond my comprehension.

In the primaries, candidates attract those who feel and think similarly.  I wanted Rubio because I wanted someone with a positive message that would reach out to new demographics.  Someone that would unleash the economy, rationalize and reduce the tax rates, reduce regulations... but not shake up the social contract too much.

That what I want... and that's what Rubio seemed to advertise.

Trump advertises what we've all seen.  And so, that's what his supporters want.

It looks like a good plurality of the GOP is seeking suicide, hoping to be put out of their misery.  For if Trump did what he's said, our nation would die.

Offline Cripplecreek

Meanwhile all across the twitterscape.

geronl

Meanwhile all across the twitterscape.

Can't spell when Drumpfing

Offline sinkspur

This thing is really blowing up in Trump's face.  Every single editorial page is coming out against him, the family has responded to him, and you can bet you'll see a lot more of them over the next 14 weeks  Here's the deputy editor of the WSJ:

Bret Stephens
‏@StephensWSJ
Trump's smear of Ghazala Khan is despicable. And if you don't agree, you're despicable.

And this WILL damage Trump.  We aren't in the primaries any longer
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

This thing is really blowing up in Trump's face.  Every single editorial page is coming out against him, the family has responded to him, and you can bet you'll see a lot more of them over the next 14 weeks  Here's the deputy editor of the WSJ:

Bret Stephens
‏@StephensWSJ
Trump's smear of Ghazala Khan is despicable. And if you don't agree, you're despicable.

And in the meantime, Trump's supporters, aka the alt-right, are ecstatic that he's putting those dirty 'Mud-slimes' in their place.

geronl

Trump is making a habit of attacking the wives and family of people who oppose him in any way.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

And in the meantime, Trump's supporters, aka the alt-right, are ecstatic that he's putting those dirty 'Mud-slimes' in their place.

Hoping that al.com will put little Jeffie Sessions on the spot about this after he prostituted himself for Roman P Trump.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Cripplecreek

Trump is making a habit of attacking the wives and family of people who oppose him in any way.

He's certainly not making any friends in the military.

Offline sinkspur

How surreal is it that the parents of a dead military hero have to defend themselves from a candidate for president?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
He's certainly not making any friends in the military.

There are probably some people who think that if Donaldus Minimus or Hilarious Rodent Clinton
become commander in chief, it might be the first time members of the military would be tempted
to shoot a superior officer.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sinkspur

If you look at Chris Christie, he was just standing there. He had nothing to say. Maybe he wasn't allowed to:

Offline Vulcan

Trump to Khizr Khan: 'I've made a lot of sacrifices'

Well, there was that one time when he had to use French's yellow mustard because he ran out of Grey Poupon.

geronl

Well, there was that one time when he had to use French's yellow mustard because he ran out of Grey Poupon.

poor thing!