Author Topic: Hotel fights back after Trump threatens not to pay  (Read 4287 times)

geronl

Hotel fights back after Trump threatens not to pay
« on: July 27, 2016, 02:47:50 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/26/politics/donald-trump-hotel-air-conditioning-roanoke/index.html?sr=fbCNN072616donald-trump-hotel-air-conditioning-roanoke0617PMVODtop

(CNN)A Virginia hotel is fighting back against Donald Trump after the GOP presidential nominee criticized the air conditioning -- or lack thereof -- at a Monday event there.

"If we are in a ballroom, it's not supposed to be so hot that everybody in the audience is using a fan," Trump said during the campaign event at the Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center.

And he threatened to not pay his bill for the room -- a frequent move by Trump's companies when he says he receives inadequate service.

"You ought to try turning on the air conditioning or we are not going to get you paid," Trump said. "I pay my bills so fast with somebody good. With somebody average, I pay them OK. With somebody great, a lot of times I give them bonuses ... This is ridiculous."

Attendees at the event appeared warm and uncomfortable, and laughed when Trump commented on the lack of air conditioning.

On Tuesday, the hotel pushed back, saying it had operated the air conditioning fully and pointing to the number of people in the room as the issue.

"The Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center is committed to providing exceptional service and accommodation for all guests and members of the community," hotel spokesman Michael Quonce said in a statement. "The hotel's HVAC system was on and working properly through the event. We made every effort to create a comfortable environment for all of our guests given soaring temperatures and a ballroom filled with hundreds of attendees."

geronl

Re: Hotel fights back after Trump threatens not to pay
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 02:53:12 am »
Trump the whiny moocher.

Trump, the whiny moocher... lived by the sea....

lol

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 02:57:58 am »
Ridiculous.  Every convention center booked for Trump should cancel.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 03:00:18 am »

I wonder how many venues he has paid less than "in full"?

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 03:18:28 am »

He is already getting s-o-o tiresome. Dear Lord, please intervene, or we'll all go crazy.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 03:24:16 am »
He is already getting s-o-o tiresome. Dear Lord, please intervene, or we'll all go crazy.
:thumbsup3:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 03:45:05 am »
Guess what Trump supporters?  You ain't getting paid either. 
You ain't getting your wall.  You ain't getting your muslim ban.  You ain't getting American made Great.

You're getting a big steaming bowl of Hitlery.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 03:50:20 am »
Trump the whiny moocher.

Trump the new Minnie the Moocher

Hey folks here's the story 'bout Minnie the Moocher
he was a lowdown hoochie coocher

Hi-dee hi-dee hi-dee hi (hi-dee hi-dee hi-dee hi)
Whoa-a-a-a-ah (whoa-a-a-a-ah)
Hee-dee-hee-dee-hee-dee-hee (hee-dee-hee-dee-hee-dee-hee)
He-e-e-e-e-e-e-y (he-e-e-e-e-e-e-y)

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 04:53:46 am »
Wow, if you watched the damn rally, you would know he was not serious! **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 04:59:05 am »
Wow, if you watched the damn rally, you would know he was not serious! **nononono*

Oh yeah? Tell that to the hotel and it's staff that Donny took a dump on with his asinine non sequitur. They are taking it seriously.

BTW, what would your boy do if someone slammed one of his ratty hotels?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 06:07:46 am »

Anybody who does business with Trump should get their money up front.  No exceptions.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 06:09:48 am »

Amen.  I am so tired of him.

I'm tired of griping about him but what else can one do... he's horrible and obnoxious and crooked and every other bad thing.

And Hillary is also horrible.  I'd like to ignore the whole thing but  I can't seem to.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 06:22:04 am »

Ratings were down for the RNC, I think Trump fatigue might be setting in

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 06:33:18 am »
Trump the whiny moocher.
I think your taking the wrong tact, Trump isn't being a moocher, the operative word should be Welch.
welch
verb [ I ] UK ​ /weltʃ/ /welʃ/ US ​ /weltʃ/ /welʃ/ also welsh informal disapproving

to avoid doing something you have promised to do, especially not to pay a debt:

And this is exactly what Trump does, he welch's on the deals he has made for services and goods, that is one of the things that he does have a track record to look at. But worse than welching on services, Trump has already told us he is welching on his campaign promises, they're just things he says and it won't be until he is actually elected that he will look to see what might be done and what kind of deals he can make.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 06:41:05 am »
I think your taking the wrong tact, Trump isn't being a moocher, the operative word should be Welch.
welch
verb [ I ] UK ​ /weltʃ/ /welʃ/ US ​ /weltʃ/ /welʃ/ also welsh informal disapproving

to avoid doing something you have promised to do, especially not to pay a debt:

And this is exactly what Trump does, he welch's on the deals he has made for services and goods, that is one of the things that he does have a track record to look at. But worse than welching on services, Trump has already told us he is welching on his campaign promises, they're just things he says and it won't be until he is actually elected that he will look to see what might be done and what kind of deals he can make.

Great, "Make America Welsh Again"...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:41:42 am by montanajoe »

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 06:52:47 am »
Honoring commitments is just not in this charlatan's DNA.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 07:01:25 am »
Honoring commitments is just not in this charlatan's DNA.
Maybe NOT honoring commitments is in his DNA, specifically being a cheap, miser. After all his mother was Scottish, no?

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 07:02:08 am »
Trump, the whiny moocher... lived by the sea....

lol

And played the stalking horse all day,
For a bitch called Hillary ...
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 07:03:14 am »
Maybe NOT honoring commitments is in his DNA, specifically being a cheap, miser. After all his mother was Scottish, no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W9p_NFm6qk
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

geronl

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 07:05:18 am »
The Three Stooges

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 07:34:16 am »
And he threatened to not pay his bill for the room -- a frequent move by Trump's companies when he says he receives inadequate service.

Maybe he can get Mexico to pay for the ballroom.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 08:16:15 am »
Maybe he can get Mexico to pay for the ballroom.

:laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog:
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 11:19:04 am »

I did watch it...  He was serious.  I was appalled at his remarks.

He sounded like a braggart in some depression era Manhattan speakeasy regaling the drunks with his twisted version of how he made his fortune by stepping on the little people.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 11:47:20 am »

Unfortunately our country has looked the other way on late term abortions and has allowed Planned Parenthood to sell fetal tissue and body parts. We have allowed transgender bathrooms and gay marriages. We won't allow the words Merry Christmas to be uttered, nor the mention of God in our schools, yet mandate students write about Sharia law. I think the Lord is already intervening.  He is giving this country exactly what we deserve; Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 11:51:39 am »
I think the Lord is already intervening.  He is giving this country exactly what we deserve; Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

In His mercy, he's also giving an out. Neither Pence nor Kaine are bad people at all.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink