Author Topic: Ben Carson Edging Close to Front-Runner Trump in Latest Iowa Poll  (Read 3382 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ben Carson Edging Close to Front-Runner Trump in Latest Iowa Poll
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2015, 12:59:29 am »
No one has tried to convince you to vote for Trump, they are just defending their posts from your never ending assaults.
If you don't want to vote, don't.
But would you please post something different than the previous monotonous hundreds of posts?
We got it, you hate trump...

Yes I do hate Trump and I am going to continue to voice that sentiment.  Republicans are falling for the siren song of a Democrat who's feeding his ego by running for president.

You are free to pass over my posts as, if you've noticed, I've passed over most of yours.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2015, 01:42:58 am »
Yes I do hate Trump and I am going to continue to voice that sentiment.  Republicans are falling for the siren song of a Democrat who's feeding his ego by running for president.

You are free to pass over my posts as, if you've noticed, I've passed over most of yours.

Ok.  So you hate Trump. I can't say that I hate him, I am just not a fan nor a supporter.  But, at the end of the day and what is blatantly obvious is the disdain that voters have for the GOPe and their candidates. That isn't going to change.  I personally feel that Trump jumped in to take out Bush.  He is the only one with enough money to do it.  Either Clinton has him in her pocket OR he legitimately wants to take this country in a different direction. 

I hate the GOPe candidates as much as you hate Trump.  Obviously the polls are indicating them same.

The ONLY candidate who is qualified, who has experience, that is a Constitutional CONSERVATIVE, who has backbone, who is well educated, who will fight for what is best for this country and who will tell the truth is Ted Cruz. 

Take ANY of the candidates running and compare them to Cruz...there isn't any other candidate out there that can match him.

Regardless of who you like or who I like, I am 100% certain that this country cannot continue in the same direction and survive.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2015, 03:33:10 am »
GOPe candidates have run the past two elections and lost.

We actually did pretty good in 2010 and 2014.  It's not uncommon for a President to serve 2 terms.

There is no doubt that people are sick and tired of the Washington establishment.

There is no doubt some people are sick and tired of the Washington establishment.  A minority of the GOP.

The voters handed the majority to the GOP establishment and those elected officials have done nothing. 

The people who are sick and tired of the Washington establishment(A minority of the GOP) fought tooth and nail to take out the Establishment last year during the primaries, and again after McConnell and Boehner were sworn in, and again in Boehner's case just last month.  Why do the anti-establishment guys always fail?  Because they represent a small fraction of the GOP.

Quite the opposite ... McConnell and Boehner have chosen to side with the DEMS.

The only ones being played are those that believe that there is a difference between the GOP establishment and the DEMS; in fact they've been played for decades.

Balderdash.

I would rather take my chances with Trump than with Bush or Christie as both represent continuing in the same destructive direction AND granting amnesty.  This country cannot continue on the same pathway and survive period.

I am a huge Cruz supporter and I feel he has more to offer this country and is more qualified than any of the other candidates.

I like Cruz's approach to immigration.  Fast tracking legal immigration to supplant the illegal immigration makes sense.
Your vote - your country.  Good luck.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2015, 12:51:56 pm »
You guys can whine and squall all you want but the truth is as long as a demagogue shoves a sacrifice your way you will love it.

Do you identify with typical RINO faccidity?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:52:15 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online libertybele

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2015, 01:12:59 pm »
We actually did pretty good in 2010 and 2014.  It's not uncommon for a President to serve 2 terms.

There is no doubt some people are sick and tired of the Washington establishment.  A minority of the GOP.

The people who are sick and tired of the Washington establishment(A minority of the GOP) fought tooth and nail to take out the Establishment last year during the primaries, and again after McConnell and Boehner were sworn in, and again in Boehner's case just last month.  Why do the anti-establishment guys always fail?  Because they represent a small fraction of the GOP.

Balderdash.

I like Cruz's approach to immigration.  Fast tracking legal immigration to supplant the illegal immigration makes sense.
Your vote - your country.  Good luck.

The GOPRINO's have lost the last two PRESIDENTIAL elections.  Yes the RINOGOP were handed the majority in Congress and once again the GOPRINO's have done NOTHING! As for McConnell and Boehner they are BOTH jackasses and LIARS! As Cruz so truthfully pointed out; there is no difference between McConnell and Harry Reid.  Boehner always caves to the DEMS.  If you really think that the GOPe is going to keep their majority with their continued siding with the DEMS you are dreaming.  Yes, agreed the "Washington Cartel" is alive and well and that is why Trump is ahead in the polls.

Cruz has always been against illegal immigration and he led the coalition against the "gang of eight" and was one of the few Republicans to openly oppose Obama's executive amnesty. The GOPe did NOTHING. He believes border security should be tripled with boots on the ground and has received quite a backlash for his statement of utilizing the left over land mines that we have and placing them at the border...he has always been a proponent for a secured border fence. 

https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-presidential-candidates/candidates/ted-cruz#article-11

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Ted_Cruz.htm

https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/135705/ted-cruz/40/immigration#.VeRRb5fuua8

http://realnewsrightnow.com/2015/03/23/ted-cruz-announces-presidential-bid-pledges-to-secure-u-s-border-with-land-mines/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2015, 01:39:10 pm »
Today's lesson:  Compare and contrast Speaker Pelosi's success to Speaker Boehner's ineffectual, impotent "leadership".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2015, 03:16:10 pm »
Trump is doing well because he's showing spine on issues that conservatives care about and standing up to the media and anyone else (except Hillary) that challenges him. He appeals directly to the red meat folks that put that above all else. He's also not establishment, which I believe also has helped Carson and Fiorina. After the '14 victory yielding bumpkis for conservatives because the GOP won't stand up to Obama, people are real tired of the same old do-nothing politics. Thank Boehner and McConnell in for the majority of voter attitudes in that regard.

The only real way to bring Trumpdown is for other candidates to both step up with the same kind of spine while poking holes in Trump's credibility by pointing out the inconsistencies in his statements over the years. Even then there will be a die hard core of supporters that will never give up on him, which is what makes him most dangerous if he runs third party. The only way around that is for someone to stand out strongly and capture that frustration away from Trump somehow. Who that will be right now is up for grabs.

It's still early in Iowa with lots of debates still ahead. I expect the ground to shift alot till caucus day, especially if Trump stumbles in the debates. I think this is going to be a fun political cycle for the junkies.
The Republic is lost.