Author Topic: Republican power brokers think Scott Walker just isn’t ready. Do they have a point?  (Read 8978 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So two-term governor Walker isn't ready but two-term governor Bush is?
Walker is just beginning his second term.  Bush was Governor of a larger state and is the only Republican to serve 2 full 4-year terms in FL.  Bush also has 2 Presidents he can turn to for advice on how to win and lead.

Offline libertybele

Walker is just beginning his second term.  Bush was Governor of a larger state and is the only Republican to serve 2 full 4-year terms in FL.  Bush also has 2 Presidents he can turn to for advice on how to win and lead.

America doesn't want or need another Bush.  I don't think he'd be able to win his home state.  Jeb's accumulated a lot of baggage and he has two very large strikes against him coming right out of the gate; Common Core and Illegal Immigration.  Common Core's unpopularity continues to grow and illegal immigration has imposed a tremendous economic burden upon us here.  Losing Florida would not only be an embarrassment to the GOP, but would pretty much ensure us of losing the oval office in 2016.

There have been very few Republican governors in the State of Florida period.  Just because he was re-elected doesn't mean squat ... so was Obama.

Jeb Scandals/controversies:

http://reno4governor.tripod.com/index-85.html
 http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/07/jeb_bushs_nigerian_bribery_sca.php
http://www.educationviews.org/jeb-bushs-education-scandals/
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2002/02/22/jeb-bush-defends-relationship-with-former-enron-president/
http://www.politicalfixflorida.com/2015/02/28/jeb-bush-nigeria-and-the-fbi-how-a-business-deal-soured/

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 03:26:46 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

America doesn't want or need another Bush.  I don't think he's going to be able to win his home state.  Jeb's accumulated a lot of baggage and his "common core" is extremely unpopular here in Florida. 

I'd love to see Walker, Paul or Perry win, but If I had to put money on it, Jeb will be the nominee.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Longiron

' Presidents he can turn to for advice" Just what we need more "Compassionate Conservative RINO BS" That will work.  1st Bush gave us slick Willie and the 2nd gave us Barry???? And you want more !!!!! :nono:

Offline libertybele

' Presidents he can turn to for advice" Just what we need more "Compassionate Conservative RINO BS" That will work.  1st Bush gave us slick Willie and the 2nd gave us Barry???? And you want more !!!!! :nono:

:chairbang:   :amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Nonsense.

1)  There were 12 years of Republican presidents after Jimmy Carter.   Republican fatigue thanks to a monopoly MSM that side with the DEMS....is what gave us Clinton.

2)  so too, the MSM was the vehicle that gave us Obama.   That, and ballot hanky panky.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

Nonsense.

... Republican fatigue thanks to a monopoly MSM that side with the DEMS....is what gave us Clinton.

Ain't you forgetting someone?

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Ain't you forgetting someone?

Damn!  You're right. 

Bubba garnered only about 43% of the popular vote.  He did cruise in his 2nd term election, though.   :bolt:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

That "Compassionate Conservative RINO" won the CPAC straw poll in 2000.

Romney won in in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2012.

Romney is the all-time CPAC champion.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Longiron

I thought Rand Paul or his father won the last 3 years @ CPAC. The Paul bots usually flood the place and Jeb tried to FIX it this year and failed. The Paul bots still out voted everyone. Something to talk about ? Still 2 years out but they will start lining up by Summer at least on the PUB side. The libs are going with Hillary and Warren is the chatter ???? Now that pair will beat a full house any day and Barry will be the advisor???

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I thought Rand Paul or his father won the last 3 years @ CPAC. The Paul bots usually flood the place and Jeb tried to FIX it this year and failed. The Paul bots still out voted everyone. Something to talk about ? Still 2 years out but they will start lining up by Summer at least on the PUB side. The libs are going with Hillary and Warren is the chatter ???? Now that pair will beat a full house any day and Barry will be the advisor???

Ron won 2, Rand won 3, Mitt won 4.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

What was his competition?

*crickets*

Exactly.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
What was his competition?

*crickets*

Exactly.

2012 Straw Poll results

1   Mitt Romney   35%   
2   Ron Paul   11%   
3   Tim Pawlenty   8%   
4   Sarah Palin   7%   
5   Michele Bachmann   5%   
6   Jim DeMint   5%   
7   Herman Cain   4%   
8   Chris Christie   3%   
9   Rick Santorum   3%   
10   Mitch Daniels   3%   
11   Newt Gingrich   3%   
12   Mike Huckabee   3%   

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Mitt won more votes than the next 5 conservative candidates.

Mitt tripled Ron Paul.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DCPatroit wrote above:
[[ Bubba garnered only about 43% of the popular vote.  He did cruise in his 2nd term election, though. ]]

I might be mistaken, but didn't Clinton win only 49.5% of the popular vote in 1996?