Author Topic: Ted Cruz isn't planning to be in the Senate very long  (Read 11515 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Ted Cruz isn't planning to be in the Senate very long
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2014, 10:12:00 am »
I agree.  He should stay in the Senate, mature, become a statesman.  He's young and has plenty of time to achieve and run for President later. 

If he runs in 2016, he won't even win the primary.

By the way, who says Cruz is planning to run? I've never heard him say that. I think others have said that about him. Using it like a weapon. Implying that his positions are merely calculations. Accusing him of "ambition" as a way of impugning his sincerity.

Given that Cruz beat Dewhurst – the candidate you supported in the Senate race – that's not something you would do, right? Accuse him of insincerity and presidential ambition?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:52:04 am by aligncare »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 12:19:07 pm »
BTW, doesn't Cruz translate to Cross?  We're already dealing with one "messianic" tool.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2014, 12:43:42 pm »
We don't get to choose our parents. Hey, his last name could've been O'Toole.

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2014, 01:49:08 pm »
We don't get to choose our parents. Hey, his last name could've been O'Toole.

Or Throat Warbler Mangrove.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2014, 01:59:13 pm »
BTW, doesn't Cruz translate to Cross?  We're already dealing with one "messianic" tool.

That is quite a bizarre comment. Using the messianic theory on Ted Cruz would only work if the media would cover for him if he attacked progressives using the IRS as a a political arm, aided and abetted terrorists, lied like a rug and destroyed America.

Reagan was called nuts in the beginning. So any time the media uses the politics of personal destruction Alinsky tactics on someone, they are a threat to their democratic progressive hijack of America.

Edited to add: Whose side are you on?  I am curious as I have seen many comments on this forum referring Cruz to be Obama like. Where does this thought process come from?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:03:46 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2014, 02:24:54 pm »
That is quite a bizarre comment. Using the messianic theory on Ted Cruz would only work if the media would cover for him if he attacked progressives using the IRS as a a political arm, aided and abetted terrorists, lied like a rug and destroyed America.

Reagan was called nuts in the beginning. So any time the media uses the politics of personal destruction Alinsky tactics on someone, they are a threat to their democratic progressive hijack of America.

Edited to add: Whose side are you on?  I am curious as I have seen many comments on this forum referring Cruz to be Obama like. Where does this thought process come from?

Maybe it's me but I just really don't understand public prayer.  Religion, like salaries, should be a private matter.
There was a pic of Cruz sometime around his filibuster* praying with some clergyman.

*Filibuster was acceptable.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2014, 02:26:01 pm »

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."

Mark Twain
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2014, 02:28:06 pm »
Maybe it's me but I just really don't understand public prayer.  Religion, like salaries, should be a private matter.
There was a pic of Cruz sometime around his filibuster* praying with some clergyman.

What I don't get is the fact that prayer bothers you so much! Why is that?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2014, 02:37:47 pm »
What I don't get is the fact that prayer bothers you so much! Why is that?

Prayer doesn't bother me.  Publically, beside a moment of silence or national tragedy, it does.  I think it's a private thing.  I don't like public displays of affection either.  I'm a private person.  I don't go to the bathroom with an open door, either.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2014, 02:40:42 pm »
Yikes! You want to rethink that last sentence?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2014, 02:42:22 pm »
Prayer doesn't bother me.  Publically, beside a moment of silence or national tragedy, it does.  I think it's a private thing.  I don't like public displays of affection either.  I'm a private person.  I don't go to the bathroom with an open door, either.

OK! Just wondering.  I happen to disagree with you on the public prayer part but that's OK as well.

I think that if a group of people want to pray in public it is their absolute right to do so and have no problem at all with it UNLESS they try to force me to participate.  At that point it would become a problem.

In my case I would be likely to join in with Christian prayers but Muslim prayers NO WAY!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:44:20 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2014, 02:43:04 pm »
Yikes! You want to rethink that last sentence?

I came from a modest household.  Good bathroom habits and cutlery are all that separate us from animals.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2014, 02:45:31 pm »
Lol. You haven't seen me eat.

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2014, 02:45:55 pm »
OK! Just wondering.  I happen to disagree with you on the public prayer part but that's OK as well.

I think that if a group of people want to pray in public it is their absolute right to do so and have no problem at all with it UNLESS they try to force me to participate.  At that point it would become a problem.

Remember when Bubba used to walk around with the Bible in his hand?  I'm surprised he didn't go up in flames.  On the other hand, I could count the times on one hand the times I saw Reagan expressing his faith, which I still couldn't tell you what it was.
Am I making myself a bit more clear?

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2014, 02:47:30 pm »
Lol. You haven't seen me eat.

It's funny you should say that, which I why I used the cutlery example.  I never ate in front of a non-related female until I was about 23 and then only rarely and by candlelight or dimmer.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2014, 02:47:53 pm »
Remember when Bubba used to walk around with the Bible in his hand?  I'm surprised he didn't go up in flames.  On the other hand, I could count the times on one hand the times I saw Reagan expressing his faith, which I still couldn't tell you what it was.
Am I making myself a bit more clear?

You have made your position perfectly clear and I respect it. I just don't agree with it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2014, 02:52:15 pm »

When did prayer, public or otherwise become a taboo? The progressives can force their religion on our children in public schools with the common core garbage.  If you don't want religion/cults in government. I simply disagree that general prayer is harmful to anyone.

I view the anti-God/anti-prayer mantra as  the demoralization of America as an old communist tool. Why is it progressives embrace CAIR and the muslim religion and dismiss Christianity?

Would an atheist as President solve anything? Would a Christian as President harm anything?

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2014, 02:52:33 pm »

In my case I would be likely to join in with Christian prayers but Muslim prayers NO WAY!

Matthew 6
"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

2 “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

5 “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2014, 02:59:48 pm »

So, back when people cried and prayed out loud after 911 that bothered you? Southern women in particular have no problem peeing not only with the door open but talking to someone while peeing. Some like privacy like you and that is great but using the bathroom and national unity in healing in prayer are two different animals lol

During national tragedy even our very progressive media humbles.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2014, 03:00:37 pm »
Matthew 6
"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

2 “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

5 “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Nothing there that I disagree with and will even give you the fact there are many people around these days who attend Church for the sole purpose of others seeing them there. Those people will have a problem come judgment day.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2014, 03:05:45 pm »
The Bible also says:

Matthew 18:20:

"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

I see nothing wrong with prayer in public gatherings.  It used to be more common when it was allowed - before a football game or before many activities - even in Congress.  God knows the motivations, whether it is done sincerely or hypocritically.  I've seen nothing to indicate that Cruz is a hypocrite.

Sheesh, he really gets under some people's skin. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2014, 03:08:06 pm »
Matthew 6

I believe the ones who only pray publicly and not in private are the ones referenced . The ones who only appear to be helping the needy for 1000 dollar seed money for the 700K home they live in.  This Bible quote in itself is not dismissing public acts of faith and prayer.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2014, 03:10:15 pm »
The Bible also says:

I see nothing wrong with prayer in public gatherings.  It used to be more common when it was allowed - before a football game or before many activities - even in Congress.  God knows the motivations, whether it is done sincerely or hypocritically.  I've seen nothing to indicate that Cruz is a hypocrite.

:amen: and 

Offline happyg

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2014, 03:10:42 pm »
The Bible also says:

:amen: My family prays before every meal, and at family gatherings. Some of them pray before eating at public places, even Golden Corral. These kinds of people are not flaunting their religion, but practicing it. This goes both ways.

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2014, 03:13:33 pm »

Prayer doesn't bother me. Publically, beside a moment of silence or national tragedy, it does.I think it's a private thing.  I don't like public displays of affection either.  I'm a private person.  I don't go to the bathroom with an open door, either.

So, back when people cried and prayed out loud after 911 that bothered you? Southern women in particular have no problem peeing not only with the door open but talking to someone while peeing. Some like privacy like you and that is great but using the bathroom and national unity in healing in prayer are two different animals lol

During national tragedy even our very progressive media humbles.

Reread the bold, please