Author Topic: House Passes ‘Equality Act’ to End Legal Recognition of Biological Sex  (Read 4117 times)

Offline mountaineer

Congressman Jerry Nadler: “God’s Will is No Concern of This Congress”
 Steven Ertelt   Feb 26, 2021   |   2:33PM    Washington, DC

During the debate yesterday over the Equality Act, a measure that would create a right to kill babies in abortions and force Americans to fund abortions, Republicans accused Democrats of ignoring Biblical values. And a surprising comment from pro-abortion Democrat Congressman Jerry Nadler confirmed that to be true.

Part of the debate over the pro-abortion measure revolved around sex and gender issues and Rep. Greg Steube (R-FL) upset Democrats when he confirmed God makes boys and girls unique.

“When men or women claim to be able to choose their own sexual identity, they are making a statement that God did not know what he was doing when he created them,” the congressman said.

“The gender confusion that exists in our culture today is a clear rejection of God’s good design. Whenever a nation’s laws no longer reflect the standards of God that nation is in rebellion against him and will inevitably bear the consequences,” the congressman said. “We are seeing the consequences of rejecting God here in our country today.”

That promoted a rather shocking comment from Nadler.

“What any religious tradition describes as God’s will is no concern of this Congress,” he admitted. ...
Life News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

How The Equality Act Would Legalize Religious Bigotry
The Equality Act explicitly targets the Bible, calling it a bigoted document filled with discriminatory stereotypes. It would also ban observant Jews from religious ceremonies.
By Yaakov Menken
March 23, 2021

The Founding Fathers recognized freedom of expression and religious liberty as core elements of diversity and tolerance. Now, nearly 250 years later, Congress is acting to stamp them out, ushering in a new era of government-sanctioned anti-religious bigotry.

While no one could argue this is motivated by anti-Jewish bias in particular, the disproportionate repression of Jewish religious practice — by a law unironically billed as an “Equality Act,” no less — is far too significant to ignore.  ...

Thus, the Equality Act explicitly targets the Bible, calling it a bigoted document filled with discriminatory stereotypes. These include the idea that male and female sexes are biological, not psychological (Genesis 1:27), created with procreation in mind (1:28), and that marriage is the unique, holy contract between man and woman forming the environment in which that procreation is intended to take place (2:24). And one cannot forget that which the Bible proscribes as an “abomination” in Leviticus 18:22. ...
The Federalist

Offline bilo

I don't care what they pass, I will not recognize the lack of biological sex.

It won't matter much when churches are required to marry same sex couples, hire transgendered individuals and are required to denounce Scripture that states these things are wrong.

This started with homosexual marriage and it won't end until all belief in God is destroyed and replaced with worship of the State.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Yes.
This war against reality the Liberals are engaged in, is bound to fail.
You can tell me a banana is peach all you want to. That does not make it so.
And it never will, no matter how many 'laws' are passed.
You may as well try to rope the moon.

I really recommend reading Gulac Archipelago by Solzhenitsyn. History teaches leftists can do a lot of insane things in their mindless quest to create the "perfect" society and what's worse people go along with it. 

Offline mountaineer

It won't matter much when churches are required to marry same sex couples, hire transgendered individuals and are required to denounce Scripture that states these things are wrong.

This started with homosexual marriage and it won't end until all belief in God is destroyed and replaced with worship of the State.
True churches (and synagogues) very well may go underground, kind of like what happened in the USSR or China.

Offline bilo

Patently unconstitutional, at least where it controls what churches may do (e.g., forcing them to hire homosexuals), but we can't trust the courts to rule correctly if it were to be challenged.

Maybe it's time for legislation that clarifies how States can withdraw from the USA.

Offline bilo

True churches (and synagogues) very well may go underground, kind of like what happened in the USSR or China.

Exactly right!

Even then millions died and millions more corrupted their souls by going along with it. We have been denounced from the beginning of the homosexual marriage movement for saying marriage is exclusively between a man and a woman and that deviating from that would lead us all into perdition. Here we are rejoicing in our becoming Sodom.

Online roamer_1

Fantasy legalized and legitimized over the objections of reality. The wages of sin is death, and now we can see how it gets there...

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Yes.
This war against reality the Liberals are engaged in, is bound to fail.
You can tell me a banana is peach all you want to. That does not make it so.
And it never will, no matter how many 'laws' are passed.
You may as well try to rope the moon.

Of course it's bound to fail.   The goal of this nonsense is to irreparably weaken the United States.

Once the Russian-Chinese alliance defeats the US in the Last War, the survivors in the US will become serfs and nobody will care because serfs only labor in agriculture, they don't participate in the Olympics or compete for seats in university.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Of course it's bound to fail.   The goal of this nonsense is to irreparably weaken the United States.

@Sled Dog

Good thing Evil Orange Man wasn't re-elected,huh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Our forefathers built and acknowledged our nation was built of Christianity and the liberals lied and denied that it was so.  when confronted with the national archives proving we clearly did have Godly Christian foundations.  Last i checked about a week ago, the facts our our heritage had been expunged from our public records, Library of Congress.  This is the habdiwork of those that despise America and everything about it, esp Christianity.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Our forefathers built and acknowledged our nation was built of Christianity and the liberals lied and denied that it was so.  when confronted with the national archives proving we clearly did have Godly Christian foundations.  Last i checked about a week ago, the facts our our heritage had been expunged from our public records, Library of Congress.  This is the habdiwork of those that despise America and everything about it, esp Christianity.

@christian

Gender identification doesn't have a single damn thing to do with religion. Even dogs and cats seem to have no trouble telling male from female,so why do Dims have so much trouble doing something household pets have no problem accomplishing?

Hell,never mind dogs and cats,GOLDFISH have no trouble identifying the opposite sex.

And we are supposed to take these cretins seriously?

Offline Idiot

Please help me understand this bill.  Does this mean I'll be getting more or less sex?  happy77

Online roamer_1

Please help me understand this bill.  Does this mean I'll be getting more or less sex?  happy77

Well I guess that depends upon if you want biological sex, or not.  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mrpotatohead

Well,that's up to you,but there will certainly be more opportunities if you want them,now that even toad frogs can be your sexual partner,if that's what you want.

Offline christian

The advancement of extreme liberal agendas was accelerated by NeverTrumpers demanding Trumps defeat, and got it.  It is well known Biden has restored and advanced Obamas extreme agendas and doubled down on some and started new ones.  This is how the 'real' Conservatives advance Conservatism?  Some of you have to be ready to be committed to a psych ward.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 06:30:35 am by christian »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The advancement of extreme liberal agendas was accelerated by NeverTrumpers demanding Trumps defeat, and got it.  It is well known Biden has restored and advanced Obamas extreme agendas and doubled down on some and started new ones.  This is how the 'real' Conservatives advance Conservatism? Some of you have to be ready to be committed to a psych ward.

@christian

Yes. If you don't believe it,ask them. There is nothing more important to them that getting and keeping Bad Orange Man out of office.

He HAS cheated on his wives,ya know.

Probably even cheated with his golf score a time or two.

Which obviously disqualifies him from holding the same office held by respectable people like King Roosevelt,Jim-mah Cawtur,Bubba Clinton,Barack Obomber,Boy Jorge and Big Jorge Bush,and now,Slow Joe Biden.

Then again,it HAS to be hard to see things clearly when you head is so far up your ass.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@christian

Yes. If you don't believe it,ask them. There is nothing more important to them that getting and keeping Bad Orange Man out of office.

He HAS cheated on his wives,ya know.

Probably even cheated with his golf score a time or two.

Which obviously disqualifies him from holding the same office held by respectable people like King Roosevelt,Jim-mah Cawtur,Bubba Clinton,Barack Obomber,Boy Jorge and Big Jorge Bush,and now,Slow Joe Biden.

Then again,it HAS to be hard to see things clearly when you head is so far up your ass.
Well, America could sure use a Mulligan right now...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Well, America could sure use a Mulligan right now...

NOPE. Not interested in big-government Republicans. I would rather it was the Democrats spending us into annihilation, and leave the damn Republicans in the corner with the Dunce cap on. At least that way there's some faint hope that the people will get fed up enough to actually DO, and maybe the Republicans will have a come-to-Jesus moment and actually rise to defend for a change.

There is no mulligan in Tumpy and MurderTurtle - That's as sure a miss, and the folks trust em for some dumbass reason. So down the hole we'd go sommore and everybody all unawares. At least now folks are paying a little attention.

Offline christian

roamer1
I would rather it was the Democrats spending us into annihilation, and leave the damn Republicans in the corner with the Dunce cap on. At least that way there's some faint hope that the people will get fed up enough to actually DO, and maybe the Republicans will have a come-to-Jesus moment and actually rise to defend for a change.

christian:
It is better to have the Democrats annihilate America, than have Republicans in office?  Finally you step out into the light of day and lock-step with the nastiest democrats there are.  How did you forget Trump stood up strong and tall and the democrats issued a fierce jihad upon him, and even you NeverTrumpers joined in, full measure.  Your quote here is excellent to remind many for future references, even the worst dopey deniers.  THANKS!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:    ****slapping :yowsa:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 06:05:32 am by christian »

Online roamer_1

christian:
It is better to have the Democrats annihilate America, than have Republicans in office?  Finally you step out into the light of day and lock-step with the nastiest democrats there are.  How did you forget Trump stood up strong and tall and the democrats issued a fierce jihad upon him, and even you NeverTrumpers joined in, full measure.  Your quote here is excellent to remind many for future references, even the worst dopey deniers.  THANKS!

What's the difference? You fought NOTHING. You won NOTHING. And you cost twenty trillion dollars doing NOTHING.
The ball moved LEFT with your signature on it. Government GREW in leaps and bounds, with your approval.

What possible reason is there to lend that ANY aid?
Liberalism is winning because it has NO OPPOSITION (That's you)

Offline Idiot

What's the difference? You fought NOTHING. You won NOTHING. And you cost twenty trillion dollars doing NOTHING.
The ball moved LEFT with your signature on it. Government GREW in leaps and bounds, with your approval.

What possible reason is there to lend that ANY aid?
Liberalism is winning because it has NO OPPOSITION (That's you)
Sorry buddy....that's YOU.  All hat no cattle.

Online roamer_1

Sorry buddy....that's YOU.  All hat no cattle.

Certainly NOT me. All that is required for me to rise up is Conservatism. I will defend until death.
So I had no dog in this hunt. You want me to fight FOR big government? FOR out of control spending? FOR the desecration of state sovereignty?

I sure as HELL won't. And that's what all y'all stood upon... In the vanity that Democrats do it more.

BAH.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
christian:

@christian   @roamer_1

You don't get it.

His whole life revolves around being a mountain man/survivalist. If there is no hope (and yes,"hope" is the correct word in this case) of civilization collapsing,he no longer has a reason to live. His whole life is built around that premise. From HIS POV,there an BE no other positive outcome.

You are wasting your time trying to convince him the Republicans are the lesser of two evils and need to be elected and then monitored because that would be an even worse nightmare for him that Dim rule.

He wants anarchy,even if he doesn't realize that himself.

Online roamer_1

@christian   @roamer_1

You don't get it.

His whole life revolves around being a mountain man/survivalist. If there is no hope (and yes,"hope" is the correct word in this case) of civilization collapsing,he no longer has a reason to live. His whole life is built around that premise. From HIS POV,there an BE no other positive outcome.

You are wasting your time trying to convince him the Republicans are the lesser of two evils and need to be elected and then monitored because that would be an even worse nightmare for him that Dim rule.

He wants anarchy,even if he doesn't realize that himself.

NAh Pete. What I want is Conservatism. Raw and uncut. Because that is the only thing this side of blood that will fix it.

Take away the EOs, which as predicted, meant NOTHING - Proven even now.
Take away the Judges, which likewise are nothing more than a crap-shoot - Once again, proven even now.
Take away the bitch-slapping which never meant a damn thing at all.
Hell, take away your Pied Piper, who is all but gone too...

What do you have left?
You stood for a big spending big government that voted in liberal law and took away state sovereignty JUST AS MUCH OR MORE than during Obummer's reign. With YOUR signature on it.

I don't give a crap about your emotional attachment. I don't give a crap that y'all got to drop your panties and threw em on the stage. All I damn well care about is the scorecard. And the scorecard says, YOU BEEN PLAYED.

y'all just proved to the Republicans that y'all don't care AT ALL about how much money they spend.
y'all just proved to the Republicans that you're FINE with big government and MORE government programs
Y'all just proved to the Republicans that you really don't care about state sovereignty and libertarianism...

Because even though you don't know it, and even though the wool is pulled low over your eyes, THAT is what you voted FOR.

THAT is what the scorecard says. Expect more of the same, and you've earned it

@sneakypete

Liberalism is winning because it has NO OPPOSITION. Because y'all are voting FOR it in it's lesser form.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Because it's the truth.

Y'all ain't opposition at all.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 04:23:06 pm by roamer_1 »