Author Topic: A Charlie Brown Christmas removed from TV along w/other Peanuts specials UPDATED  (Read 3819 times)

Offline skeeter

Maybe the last of the bastions of christian faith and scripture seen on conventional TV.  Apple's Rump Ranger CEO more than gladly finished that off.
The first and the last - Charles Schulz threatened to take his special to another network when CBS balked back in 1966. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

Online roamer_1

Mrs. Howell never makes the conversation.

She's STILL a little old for me....  :shrug: :whistle:

Online roamer_1

Didn’t everyone like Mary Ann better?

Dunno. I sure did... But my all-time crush was... wait for it... You'd never ever guess... Yes, that's right: Ellie Mae Clampett. Go figger, eh?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dunno. I sure did... But my all-time crush was... wait for it... You'd never ever guess... Yes, that's right: Ellie Mae Clampett. Go figger, eh?
Yep. Along with Daisy Duke, both hold a warm place in my heart...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Yep. Along with Daisy Duke, both hold a warm place in my heart...

Hoo boy... Daisy... The old Daisy, now... Not the new one from the movie... That poor gal talked like she had marbles in her mouth, and needed to eat a whole month's worth of hamburgers. Poor thing, bless her heart... but the old Daisy...

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
ABC/Disney is woke garbage.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Donna Douglas was a hottie, for sure.  And she really does love critters in real life.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Donna Douglas was a hottie, for sure.  And she really does love critters in real life.

Like Joe said... Her and Daisy... Probably because of the way they talk...

Not that new Daisy from the movie though... That poor gal couldn't get her tongue around a drawl if she was paid(which I believe she was)... Her drawl was just painful... Like a speech impediment, bless her heart.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
 :threadjack:

Not that I mind a good thread jacking, but this is a serious development. 

Show will no longer be available annually to the airwaves for those and many who looked forward to this as a Christmas Tradition.

The fact that it has strong christian overtones, is absolutely behind the decison.  I hope enough of us Apple users, let Cook know of their displeasure.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online dfwgator

I don't watch network TV anymore, anyway, so I really don't see the big deal, if it's available in Streaming.

Online dfwgator

Yep. I agree. I also liked Mary Ann way over Ginger. :shrug:

Lily Munster or Morticia Adams?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Morticia Addams.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

When I'm getting ready for work in the morning I still turn on Leave it to Beaver.  Every show had some type of a moral lesson.  Those days are gone....

Where are you getting The Beave? Amazon changed it to subscription only and I don’t want to pay for each episode. I can’t find it on any other streaming service.

Offline skeeter

Morticia Addams.

I dunno... Gomez' lip prints up and down each of her arms kinda grosses me out.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
I saw that the cast of Happy Days, with the exception of Trump supporter Scott Baio, were campaigning in Minnesota for Biden.  I found it funny that Richie and the Fonz who in a show represent the era of the 50's and early 60's when Democrats were in their heyday of campaigning against civil rights for blacks, are going to use Happy Days to campaign for Biden.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Where are you getting The Beave? Amazon changed it to subscription only and I don’t want to pay for each episode. I can’t find it on any other streaming service.

MeTV has the Beave.
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
MeTV has the Beave.

Mindless liberals have about as much in common with '50's values as any given rapper.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

Since Linus quotes scripture to describe what the true meaning of Christmas is, it was only a matter of time before it was yanked off of the broadcast networks.

Offline aligncare

MeTV has the Beave.

Thanks. I checked it out. It’s not gonna work for me, I don’t have over-the-air or cable. I’m looking for on-demand streaming like in Netflix or Amazon.  :shrug:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Except the episode of the Twilight Zone she was in. I got nightmares from it.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Idiot

Yup....MeTV.  They still have some of the oldies.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Times are changing ... and unfortunately not for the best.

Long gone are great TV programs like, The Real McCoys, Lassie, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Ozzie & Harriet, The Jackie Gleason Show, Johnny Carson, etc....that's why I don't watch TV anymore... nothing on really worth watching .... and then we have fake news to deal with.
@libertybele

Gunsmoke was far, far better in its original radio version. I wasn't alive to enjoy much of it, of course, but when I became an old-time radio lover in later decades, Gunsmoke became my second-favourite radio western---behind the tossup between James Stewart's too-short-lived The Six Shooter (1953-54, NBC) and Raymond Burr's equally too-short-lived Fort Laramie (1956, CBS). (Which actually had not one blessed thing to do with television's later western Laramie.)

Practically the entire 1952-1961 radio life of Gunsmoke survives and can be downloaded free (the show's in the public domain now).

For those who forgot or didn't know, Gunsmoke's radio cast was: William Conrad (Matt Dillon), Georgia Ellis (Miss Kitty), Howard McNear (Doc), and Parley Baer (Chester).

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

Actually, Marilyn Munster....but if we're going in that direction, Elvira had them all beat.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Since Linus quotes scripture to describe what the true meaning of Christmas is, it was only a matter of time before it was yanked off of the broadcast networks.
Precisely why I think they have done so.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

I suspect you're onto the real explanation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org