Author Topic: Trump encourages North Carolina residents to test system by voting twice  (Read 971 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :facepalm:

Trump encourages North Carolina residents to test system by voting twice
By Zack Budryk - 09/02/20 07:20 PM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday suggested supporters in North Carolina should illegally attempt to vote both by mail and in-person, saying doing so would test the integrity of the system.

Asked by reporters whether he trusted North Carolina’s mail-in balloting system, the president responded “let them send it in and let them go vote, and if their system's as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote.”

"If it's as good as they say it is then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote. So that's the way it is. And that's what they should do," he added. Voting more than once in the same election is illegal.
ADVERTISEMENT

The president has frequently attacked mail-in voting as rife with fraud, even as experts have said it is not a meaningful source of voter fraud. He has also often drawn a distinction between mail-in and absentee voting, which he has called acceptable. Many states do not make such a distinction between the two. Both Trump and First Lady Melania Trump requested absentee ballots to vote in the Florida primary earlier this year.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/514901-trump-encourages-north-carolina-residents-to-test-system-by-voting-twice
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Trump encourages North Carolina residents to test system by voting twice
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 11:58:55 pm »
The intent was never for Republicans to vote twice.  Only for Democrats to do so.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 12:48:27 am »
The intent was never for Republicans to vote twice.  Only for Democrats to do so.

@Hoodat

He knows that. He was just having a little fun stirring the Clinton,and watching Dim heads explode.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 01:17:22 am »
Another laughable headline from The Hill.

I guess they haven't embarrassed themselves enough yet.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 01:22:58 am »
@Hoodat

He knows that. He was just having a little fun stirring the Clinton,and watching Dim heads explode.

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 01:23:34 am »
Another laughable headline from The Hill.

I guess they haven't embarrassed themselves enough yet.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 01:36:30 am »
Breaking911
@Breaking911
·
2h
BREAKING: President Trump orders federal government to defund New York City and 3 other cities where officials allowed “lawless” protests and cut police budgets amid rising violent crime -
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 02:44:18 am »
Breaking911
@Breaking911
·
2h
BREAKING: President Trump orders federal government to defund New York City and 3 other cities where officials allowed “lawless” protests and cut police budgets amid rising violent crime -

@mystery-ak

I really x 1000 hope that is true.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 04:18:50 am »
Because of the BLM burning, looting and killing, Trump had re-emerged from the
political tomb w/a real chance, as Biden was forced to speak up, playing defense.
Now, before his mortal msm enemies, who urinate on him daily, Trump urges voters
to test the system by voting mail-in and in person; twice, which is a clear violation of law.
Ever so predictably, his Fan Club insists that since he's never, ever wrong, he was only
having fun; he-he-he!! Why of course!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 11:10:00 am »
political tomb w/a real chance, as Biden was forced to speak up, playing defense.
Now, before his mortal msm enemies, who urinate on him daily, Trump urges voters
to test the system by voting mail-in and in person; twice, which is a clear violation of law.
Ever so predictably, his Fan Club insists that since he's never, ever wrong, he was only

We give thanks, O Lord, and swim in your Grace.
Please give @Absalom 's parents and siblings the strength
to remove all sharp objects in his bedroom
to ensure that he is able to vote without assistance on November 3rd.

:0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 11:17:11 am »

@Absalom

Really hurts you to see the left losing,doesn't it,comrade?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 11:18:46 am »

:0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001:

@DCPatriot

Makes no difference if he is alive or dead,he will still be voting as long as thr Dim Party exists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 05:31:12 pm »
White House: Trump not suggesting voters 'do anything unlawful' in comments on voting twice
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/514946-white-house-trump-not-suggesting-voters-do-anything-unlawful-in
Support the USO

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 05:48:30 pm »
I get it.
The exploding heads just gotta explode anyway.

Trump is merely trying to say that if the system works as designed, a vote would already be in place if you mailed it in, and you couldn't cast your walk-in ballot, because it would show that you have already voted.

If you had voted by mail, and it allowed you to vote a 2nd time, that would be a problem.

If you hadn't voted by mail, but it showed that you already have, that would be a problem.

Pretty smart, actually.

One question, is the law broken by "attempting" to vote twice, or actually being on record as voting twice?

I wouldn't want to see civic-minded people getting into trouble by helping to verify the system.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 05:56:23 pm »
@DCPatriot

Makes no difference if he is alive or dead,he will still be voting as long as thr Dim Party exists.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 05:59:41 pm »
I get it.

Trump is merely trying to say that if the system works as designed, a vote would already be in place if you mailed it in, and you couldn't cast your walk-in ballot, because it would show that you have already voted.

If you had voted by mail, and it allowed you to vote a 2nd time, that would be a problem.

If you hadn't voted by mail, but it showed that you already have, that would be a problem.

Pretty smart, actually.

One question, is the law broken by "attempting" to vote twice, or actually being on record as voting twice?

I wouldn't want to see civic-minded people getting into trouble by helping to verify the system.

Media NEVER gets it correct. Anything to slander POTUS with.  OUT OF CONTEXT.  TWISTING FACTS.  LEAVING OUT WORDS.  I knew it was NOT CORRECT. Some  people , still believe media?    888mouth

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 06:36:08 pm »
I get it.

Pretty smart, actually.

No, attempting to vote in person after doing so by mail is illegal I believe, so following Trump's advice would have you doing something illegal.

This is another unforced error by Trump.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2020, 06:38:46 pm »
And it makes no sense, if you drop a ballot in the mail, how will polling places know you've already voted before it's even arrived at a polling place?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2020, 06:40:03 pm »
No, attempting to vote in person after doing so by mail is illegal I believe, so following Trump's advice would have you doing something illegal.

This is another unforced error by Trump.

Wrong by you.  You need to read. It was a hypothetical issue, making a point.  Not something POTUS SAID TO DO. 
You are another one, who 'believes' media? 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2020, 07:24:09 pm »
And it makes no sense, if you drop a ballot in the mail, how will polling places know you've already voted before it's even arrived at a polling place?

If it is illegal, of course, don't do it.
I think the idea is that if you mail in the ballot early, it would be counted is if you showed up and voted early.
Maybe not counted until election day, but registered that you have done so already.
If you mail it on election day, I guess you are taking a chance that it won't be manipulated or flat out lost or forgotten.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2020, 07:33:45 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

You are saying a voter votes early at a polling place and his mail-in ballot has not yet gotten to the election administrator.  When the election administrator gets the mail in ballot, it means the voter has tried to vote twice, and that info. goes to the District Attorney to file charges of voter fraud against that voter.

Look at this action by Gov. Abbott when he was Texas Attorney General.  It is better not to try election fraud in Texas.  I thought what he did was over the top, but I have never forgotten what he did; it was a warning to everyone not to try voter fraud, whether you know what you did was illegal or not:

A Texas woman was caring for her very sick mother.  The mother had applied for a mail ballot and it arrived but the mother was too sick to fill it out and she died before that happened.  The daughter knew how her mother would have voted so at some time later she filled it out and mailed it.

The voter registrar gets death lists from the county.  She/he takes the names of deceased people off the voter list.  She/he saw this woman had voted after she died.  That information was sent to the Attorney General, being Abbott.  He filed a case against this daughter, went to court, and she was convicted of voter fraud (I don't remember the exact wording of the conviction).  She got a fine and other penalties, but not sent to prison.  I was working in politics at the time, so this happening was something I was not going to forget.

Another point is, I would probably have done the same if it had been my mother.  Would you?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2020, 07:40:23 pm »
If you mail it on election day, I guess you are taking a chance that it won't be manipulated or flat out lost or forgotten.
@GrouchoTex

Mail ballots must be in by the last mail delivery on election day.  Ballots arriving after that
will not be counted, except for military ballots as the date for them is later.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2020, 07:46:11 pm »
White House: Trump not suggesting voters 'do anything unlawful' in comments on voting twice
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/514946-white-house-trump-not-suggesting-voters-do-anything-unlawful-in

McEnany makes it quite clear that Trump was NOT asking people to do anything illegal, but rather "verify" that the vote is counted.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2020, 11:48:33 pm »
--------------------------------------------------------
As the choice is between Howdy Doody and Charlie McCarthy, I'm passing;
yet bet you can't wait, huh???

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2020, 11:55:08 pm »
--------------------------------------------------------
As the choice is between Howdy Doody and Charlie McCarthy, I'm passing;
yet bet you can't wait, huh???

Freewill-Rush-Lyrics (unformatted)

There are those who think that life
Has nothing left to chance
A host of holy horrors
To direct our aimless dance
A planet of playthings
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive
The stars aren't aligned
Or the gods are malign
Blame is better to give than receive
You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose free will
There are those who think that
They've been dealt a losing hand
The cards were stacked against them
They weren't born in Lotus-Land
All preordained
A prisoner in chains
A victim of venomous fate
Kicked in the face
You can't pray for a place
In heaven's unearthly estate
In some celestial voice
I will choose free will
Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt
That's far too fleet
In some celestial voice
I will choose free will
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley