Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'  (Read 11105 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2020, 11:30:27 pm »
I like Cruz, but he is after all a politician so my expectations are kinda low....
 :beer:

Meanwhile ... he seems to be the only one speaking out against the chaos in our cities (another thread)

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,409761.msg2258263/topicseen.html#msg2258263
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2020, 11:33:55 pm »
I think Cruz has gone on record on definintiely not voting for any further aid.

Yeah well... There's that whole horse and the barn door thing, so....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2020, 11:34:27 pm »
And now for the rest of the first sentence in the first paragraph:
Any comments on this shiny object??

He is absolutely correct.

“So many of us are so sick and tired of Republicans that roll over and whimper when encountering the slightest resistance. And I think probably the best characteristic about the president is he’s got a backbone. And he will fight,” Cruz told conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt, when asked how the president has changed the Republican Party.....

Trump has a backbone; too bad the majority of the GOP doesn't ... of course the RINO's never wanted Trump to begin with.  Wasn't it McConnell who stated that he would be a one term president?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:39:05 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2020, 11:40:30 pm »
And now for the rest of the first sentence in the first paragraph:
Any comments on this shiny object??

Yes, we all know you are attracted to shiny things @Right_in_Virginia   :whistle: :tongue2:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2020, 12:02:53 am »
At least Trump has pushed things to the point there is actually a discussion, no matter how you characterize it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2020, 01:07:48 am »
Title:
"Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'"

That's ok, Ted.
IT'S ABOUT TIME that "the discussion" got "coarse".

Particularly about the leftist/communist insurgency, which even guys like you are too afraid to say out loud.

I can think of three communist revolutions that failed:
- Spain
- Greece
- Chile
None of those nations were saved from marxism by polite discussion.
As a matter of fact, the leaders that saved them and the tactics used were... quite "coarse".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2020, 01:12:23 am »
   GWB refused to wallow in the mud with these PIGS and here is his results for reelection. 

Trump won't even come close.

@corbe

Still pining for Boy Jorge and his RINO band of homos?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2020, 01:17:35 am »
   No, @sneakypete I have learned that even the mention of Ronald Reagan can get me in trouble with the Trumpers here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2020, 01:32:24 am »
   No, @sneakypete I have learned that even the mention of Ronald Reagan can get me in trouble with the Trumpers here.

@corbe

What does Reagan have to do with Boy Jorge and Poppy?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2020, 01:38:04 am »
   Well @sneakypete since Trump took over the GOP any mention of a previous GOP President or even a Nominee is a POS (and most were) because prior to Trump there was nothing but darkness, similar to Genesis in the Bible.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2020, 01:42:23 am »
   Well @sneakypete since Trump took over the GOP any mention of a previous GOP President or even a Nominee is a POS (and most were) because prior to Trump there was nothing but darkness, similar to Genesis in the Bible.   

:2popcorn:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2020, 01:45:04 am »
:2popcorn:

Nothing but darkness is a pretty good description of the eons Obama reigned.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2020, 01:45:25 am »
Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Monday said he believed many of President Trump’s tweets have “coarsened discussion,” but praised the president for having “a backbone."

“So many of us are so sick and tired of Republicans that roll over and whimper when encountering the slightest resistance. And I think probably the best characteristic about the president is he’s got a backbone. And he will fight,” Cruz told conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt, when asked how the president has changed the Republican Party.

“Now I will say ... I wish his tone and some of the things he said were different,” Cruz added. “Many of the tweets I’m not a fan of, and I do think it has coarsened discussion. So that is a less-than-positive development.”

Cruz, who ran for the White House in 2016, has rarely addressed the content of Trump’s tweets since the president took office, but he called Trump a “sniveling coward” during the 2016 Republican primary after tweets from then-candidate Trump attacking Cruz’s wife Heidi.

The Texas senator went on to say the president has “driven the Democratic Party insane [and] also driven the media insane.”

“And in terms of how that impacts the Republican Party, that actually has some of us defending things like free enterprise, defending things like the founding principles,” he added. “It is pushing Republicans, and I hope we go much faster towards this, to actually defending the fundamental ideals upon which our nation was founded.”..........

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/509362-ted-cruz-trump-tweets-have-coarsened-discussion

THE HILL....again.  That is a lefty rag.  Repeating the same lies as back then.  TRUMP was not nasty to HEIDI.  Ted Cruz was the nasty one, to MELANIA...and Trump responded with; "Be careful Ted'.  Heidi & her Goldman sax affiliation that loaned TED CRUZ his campaign money, not reported, something shady ,  and HEIDI C.E.O. of North American ....can't remember the next word, a NWO ORGANIZATION.  MEDIA never gives the whole story, ONLY, what TRUMP RESPONDS WITH, and putting him in the worst light. NOT WHAT WAS SAID ABOUT HIM AND HIS FAMILY....FIRST.
I just want the whole story,  not fictitious media lies. VIRTUE SIGNALING DOES NOTHING TO SAVE OUR COUNTRY.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2020, 01:47:21 am »
Nothing but darkness is a pretty good description of the eons Obama reigned.

MEDIA  is asking, would we support a THIRD TERM FOR OBAMA.    22222frying pan

Online corbe

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2020, 01:50:52 am »
   It doesn't matter @LegalAmerican most everyone here knows that Sen Cruz is a lying POS who cheated on his wife with multiple women, even my big (Trumper) Sister tells me so and if I'm not mistaken you have barked up that tree also.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2020, 01:51:43 am »
Title:
"Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'"

That's ok, Ted.
IT'S ABOUT TIME that "the discussion" got "coarse".

Particularly about the leftist/communist insurgency, which even guys like you are too afraid to say out loud.

I can think of three communist revolutions that failed:
- Spain
- Greece
- Chile
None of those nations were saved from marxism by polite discussion.
As a matter of fact, the leaders that saved them and the tactics used were... quite "coarse".

THANK YOU.  As if being nice, talk sweet, will SAVE OUR COUNTRY!  Look at the streets!  INSURGENCY,  tyranny. (Auto correct changes words for me). SHOOTINGS,  PEOPLE DYING....."BE NICE AND SWEET AND VIRTUE SIGNAL" = Ted Cruz.
If any media, does A PIECE on our Rino's it is ONLY, because something nasty was said, or negative about POTUS.  I wish Ted would just STFU.  I will never vote for him. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 01:57:40 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2020, 01:51:58 am »

THE HILL....again.  That is a lefty rag.  Repeating the same lies as back then.  TRUMP was not nasty to HEIDI.  Ted Cruz was the nasty one, to MELANIA...and Trump responded with; "Be careful Ted'.  Heidi & her Goldman sax affiliation that loaned TED CRUZ his campaign money, not reported, something shady ,  and HEIDI C.E.O. of North American ....can't remember the next word, a NWO ORGANIZATION.  MEDIA never gives the whole story, ONLY, what TRUMP RESPONDS WITH, and putting him in the worst light. NOT WHAT WAS SAID ABOUT HIM AND HIS FAMILY....FIRST.
I just want the whole story,  not fictitious media lies. VIRTUE SIGNALING DOES NOTHING TO SAVE OUR COUNTRY.

???Repeating the same lies ..... :rolling: :rolling:   :silly:

Interesting that Cruz is actually standing up for the President in his first sentence and yet you find fault.  Maybe you didn't even read the first sentence?

“So many of us are so sick and tired of Republicans that roll over and whimper when encountering the slightest resistance. And I think probably the best characteristic about the president is he’s got a backbone. And he will fight,” Cruz told conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt, when asked how the president has changed the Republican Party.....

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2020, 01:54:42 am »

MEDIA  is asking, would we support a THIRD TERM FOR OBAMA.    22222frying pan

Obama by his proxy manwife moochelle?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2020, 01:55:21 am »

Why are you even talking about the mid 80's on here?  REAGAN IS DEAD. Irrelevant.

Get into  2020. Deal with now. TRUMP 2020.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2020, 01:59:36 am »
Why are you even talking about the mid 80's on here?  REAGAN IS DEAD. Irrelevant.

Reagan is dead? Like all the way dead? Mostly partly dead? Nearly almost dead?

Forget history and repeat the mistakes.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2020, 02:01:16 am »

:pop41:  Pure entertainment.   happy77

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2020, 02:01:56 am »

888high58888

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2020, 02:02:11 am »
And not one word on how we get china to pay for this....
Not one word on security the borders so we are not importing, tax free I might add, these diseases from china...
Not one word on why our federal response was non existent and what we need to do to fix it...
Sorry, no free pass from me..

High five!  PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS BORE ME. Especially, those who are snakes.  I remember.  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

As women, we remember like elephants, maybe that is why I am a republican.  IMPERFECT, HUMAN BEING..IN TRAINING.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2020, 02:12:02 am »

He is only partly dead and looks like a corpse now.  Why the snark? I like Reagan.  Nothing against him.  I just don't like going back in history, which cannot be changed.  What should we remember about his mistakes?  The 1986 AMNESTY for illegals?  That a deal was made with demon-rats to secure border, if he did that.  DEMON-RATS RENEGED ON THAT PROMISE.  THEIR WORD MEANS...NOTHING. EVER.  " Mr. Gorbachov, Take down this wall".  CLOSE?  How did I do?  I lived the 80's.
His assassination attempt by Sirhan Sirhan?  I don't know, everything. Most of you know more than I do.  But, I do have a pretty good memory. I am woman.  lol.   :yowsa: (You will beat me on typo's and spell check and grammar all the time.)

Online corbe

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2020, 02:13:19 am »
   Deal with Now?   @LegalAmerican   Your Trump led GOP has obviously given me no choice in 2020.  Just as you did in 2008 and 2012. Granted Trump is better than McCain and Romney, but not by much, IMHO. 

Just do it Lady, drag his fat azz across the finish line like you did 4 years ago. 

You made it plain as day in 2016 that you didn't need me and you certainly don't need me now.   

If you consider my Conservative views on this website as support for biteme (as some claim) you are as delusional as I figured on day one when you got here.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 02:15:38 am by corbe »