Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'  (Read 11167 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2020, 01:14:11 pm »
Thank you, sneaky.  I can't even wrap my head around what would happen in this nation if the economy totally collapsed.  We all hate the spending, but the alternative would be absolute hell on earth.

No, the alternative is precisely what needs to be done.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2020, 01:49:47 pm »
See?  I told you so!!

Any thread containing Ted Cruz' name gets action around here.

It's ridiculous...the Butthurt...still strong going on 5 years.     

:2popcorn:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2020, 02:05:38 pm »
See?  I told you so!!

You don't think it may be a tad becasue  he is probably  1 of the 3 top frontrunners for 2024?

There is nothing in this thread alluding to the '16 primary.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 04:19:20 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2020, 03:04:19 pm »
You don't think it maybe a tad may be he is probably  1 of the 3 top frontrunners for 2024?

@catfish1957

You and I both know that ANY time a professional politician raises his or her head above the muck and opens their mouths without provocation ,there is going to be speculation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2020, 03:11:28 pm »
See?  I told you so!!

So why are YOU so insistent on displaying it @DCPatriot
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2020, 03:25:49 pm »
Am I the only one that is beginning to see Teddy Boys' whinny little bitch starting to peek out from behind the curtain?

I SUSPECT he sees Trump being weakened by the Dim onslaught of crises,and is starting to make his pitch for the top spot.

Yes. Another virtue signal person.  Loathe that attitude.  I will NEVER vote for Ted Cruz...for anything.  Once someone shows you WHO they are, believe them.  I remember his underhanded action on Ben Carson & another candidate. Then said he didn't know about it. It got him MORE VOTES.  UNDER HANDED TECHNIQUE.  NOT HONORABLE.  Professional politician and people fall for it, all the time.  Every time.  I prefer coarse language to someone who lies all the time. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2020, 03:30:49 pm »
This is why I despise The Hill.  They constantly twist and lie by omission.  Anything to make Trump look bad.

Thank you. Not everyone can 'see' that!    :seeya:   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2020, 03:31:40 pm »
Yes. Another virtue signal person.  Loathe that attitude.  I will NEVER vote for Ted Cruz...for anything.  Once someone shows you WHO they are, believe them.  I remember his underhanded action on Ben Carson & another candidate. Then said he didn't know about it. It got him MORE VOTES.  UNDER HANDED TECHNIQUE.  NOT HONORABLE.  Professional politician and people fall for it, all the time.  Every time.  I prefer coarse language to someone who lies all the time.

Insipid pap.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2020, 03:35:43 pm »
@dancer @bigheadfred

This is why both the Dims and the RINO's went into full-tilt panic mode when Trump actually won the election. He wasn't one of them,and they knew they couldn't count on him allowing them all to get away with their normal daily selling of their offices.

"Deys a new sheriff in town,and dey ain't happy bout it!"

CORRECT!    888high58888

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2020, 03:42:54 pm »
Again ... quoting the very beginning of the article ...

“So many of us are so sick and tired of Republicans that roll over and whimper when encountering the slightest resistance. And I think probably the best characteristic about the president is he’s got a backbone. And he will fight,” Cruz told conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt, when asked how the president has changed the Republican Party.

Amen Ted...Amen!!!

Don't see this as swiping at the President at all ... and yes .... he said that his tweets have become coarsened which is a concern (especially before an election)....but Cruz IS correct in what he says ... Trump has BACKBONE and he WILL FIGHT.  I don't think anyone can dispute that.

Did you read the headline of this thread?  What does it say?   It does NOT say, CRUZ SAYS, TRUMP HAS BACKBONE & HE WILL FIGHT.   They chose to push the 'COARSENED' conversation part.  That is the issue. I say, YOU are in denial.  Tell us something obvious...Ted....duh.  22222frying pan

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2020, 04:36:57 pm »
 :im waiting:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2020, 05:00:49 pm »
@catfish1957

You and I both know that ANY time a professional politician raises his or her head above the muck and opens their mouths without provocation ,there is going to be speculation.

True...I'm not so sure he'll run in 2024.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2020, 07:14:15 pm »
See?  I told you so!!

You were looking in the mirror when you typed that right?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2020, 07:15:19 pm »
You don't think it may be a tad becasue  he is probably  1 of the 3 top frontrunners for 2024?

IMHO he'll win the nomination in 2024 if he chooses to run.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2020, 07:17:39 pm »

IF this Republic makes it to the 2024 election, and he runs, I believe you are absolutely correct; he will win the GOP nomination and I believe the Presidency.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2020, 07:19:45 pm »

I don't think he would go up against Pence. But then, I would think Pence would almost automatically pick him as VP.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2020, 07:19:54 pm »
IF this Republic makes it to the 2024 election, and he runs, I believe you are absolutely correct; he will win the GOP nomination and I believe the Presidency.

At this point your "if" is a might big one the way things are going.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2020, 07:30:35 pm »
I don't think he would go up against Pence. But then, I would think Pence would almost automatically pick him as VP.

Well, in looking at the two personalities, I'd say Pence would easily be run over like a freight train from the left and I see Cruz displaying some back bone.  If indeed he is running in 2024 I think he would challenge Pence if Pence ran, and based on the ground game that he had when he ran for the Senate and in '16, I'd say he's already made plans and knows what he needs to do to stomp on the left.  If he doesn't see a clear path to victory, I don't see him running because he doesn't want to deal with all the mud slinging and the leftists obstruction.  I've even thought, if Trump isn't re-elected, he may drop out of politics altogether.  Just my opinion.

It's not going to happen, but I would love to see Trump select Cruz over Pence as his new VP.  (I know, in my dreams).

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2020, 07:32:11 pm »

That's assuming Pence even runs.  But if he does and your scenario plays out it would be a nice solid step back towards conservatism.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2020, 07:37:28 pm »
Well, in looking at the two personalities, I'd say Pence would easily be run over like a freight train from the left and I see Cruz displaying some back bone.  If indeed he is running in 2024 I think he would challenge Pence if Pence ran, and based on the ground game that he had when he ran for the Senate and in '16, I'd say he's already made plans and knows what he needs to do to stomp on the left.  If he doesn't see a clear path to victory, I don't see him running because he doesn't want to deal with all the mud slinging and the leftists obstruction.  I've even thought, if Trump isn't re-elected, he may drop out of politics altogether.  Just my opinion.

It's not going to happen, but I would love to see Trump select Cruz over Pence as his new VP.  (I know, in my dreams).

I think a battle between Cruz and Pence would split the Conservative vote, and you'll get a Jeb... which would suit Turtle, and you can bet money Turtle would make that happen.

No, It would be unwise. Pence would do best to declare Cruz as VP candidate right off the bat and start singing to the TEA party.

A Pence/Cruz ticket is a natural TEA ticket.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2020, 07:38:32 pm »
That's assuming Pence even runs.  But if he does and your scenario plays out it would be a nice solid step back towards conservatism.

I think he will run... Though BOTH Pence and Cruz have been greatly damaged by Tumpy.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2020, 07:39:18 pm »
I think he will run... Though BOTH Pence and Cruz have been greatly damaged by Tumpy.
Proof?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2020, 07:41:30 pm »
Proof?

NINE FRIGGIN TRILLION DOLLARS.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2020, 07:44:09 pm »
Cruz would be the one to replace RBG in the SCOTUS...
He is not a good politician, he is smart and knows the law but unwilling to get down in the dirt and fight... He is to much of a lawyer.