Author Topic: Federal judge orders Dakota Access Pipeline shut down  (Read 373 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Federal judge orders Dakota Access Pipeline shut down
« on: July 07, 2020, 06:24:26 am »
Federal judge orders Dakota Access Pipeline shut down

https://bismarcktribune.com/bakken/federal-judge-orders-dakota-access-pipeline-shut-down/article_2cc387a3-f003-5557-b356-4063123a62ad.html

The Dakota Access Pipeline must be shut down and emptied of oil within 30 days while a lengthy environmental review of the project is conducted, a federal judge ruled Monday.

The move was requested earlier this year by the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and three other Sioux tribes in the Dakotas who fear environmental harm from the pipeline and have spent four years in court fighting the project. North Dakota officials have said such a move would have “significant disruptive consequences” for the state, whose oil patch has been hit hard in recent months by falling demand for crude amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Forty percent of the oil produced in the state has been going out on the pipeline. The equivalent of 700 rail cars a day. We will hear the standard whining about the rail transport of crude oil soon. I have little doubt that the same enviroterrorists who were targeting the pipeline will be trying some shenanigans with much easier to sabotage rail transport, even though passenger trains pass over the same rails.

I see this, ultimately as just another Obama Appointee (Boasberg, Washington DC US District Judge) doing his part to wreck the economy. And as for the Standing Rock Tribe, the curses I have for that lot cannot be put upon this page, nor can the contempt be adequately expressed in any language.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Federal judge orders Dakota Access Pipeline shut down
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 01:16:48 pm »
Absolutely ridiculous decision.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell