Author Topic: 'I am outraged': DC bishop denounces Trump's church visit after police clear protesters with tear ga  (Read 4994 times)

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Statement by senator Ben Sasse.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline skeeter

I also feel the Bible and church display was unnecessary for the speech.

If they hadn't set fire to the church the night before I would agree. As it happened the imagery was powerful.

And since one side sees a statement of solidarity and law an order and the other sees a crass photo op, the gulf is so wide, dialogue is impossible, I do not believe there will ever be a peaceful outcome.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:12:27 pm by skeeter »

Offline Applewood

I also feel the Bible and church display was unnecessary for the speech. But that’s probably minor in the minds of the public versus all the looting, shooting, killing and burning

This bishops outrage is trivial at this moment

I agree.  I take the bishop's comments as just one more critic weighing in.  Blah-blah-blah.  Really don't care.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I stand by my words.  Its obvious the Bishop is a left leaning phony.  What I said is that Trump is giving Biden the election.  He is. 

His display was phony too.  The “When I drink my little wine … and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed,” Christian trying to hold up that Bible awkwardly with no words is as phony as George Floyds fake bill.  The ink was running.  What was the purpose?

Just answer what the purpose, and what it served?  It provided fuel for the liberals.  That's it, and they will use it heavily.  Good Job Trump.

And unless someone can prove those protesters were violent then the President just gassed peaceful protesters.  The ones he said he thought had the right to assemble.  That's a score for Biden big time.

What you are calling a phony photo op, I am calling a symbolic message.  The POTUS holding the bible in front of a failed targeted burning of a historic church by a Godless, America hating enemy (Antifa/BLM) who wants to destroy us?

You just don't get it.  We need more rallying cries like this.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:47:36 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Presidential photo op with a Bible?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

The decades old tradition of Presidents staging photo ops in front of churches is suddenly 'reprehensible'.

Offline LadyLiberty

A lying Bishop?  How about that.

Raheem Kassam
@RaheemKassam
Park Police said they used smoke canisters after being pelted with bottles, not tear gas. And they also didn't co-ordinate with the White House.

So where are the corrections from CNN, MSNBC, NYT, and *all* the others.

Also will Twitter "fact check" all the lies out there?

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/there-was-no-tear-gas/

« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 05:01:55 pm by LadyLiberty »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Hey I detest Slick Willie as much as the next briefer, but I would venture that with WJC's southern baptist backgorund and raising, plus a half dozen years  or so of Vacation Bible School?  I'd bet WJC is probably more knowledeable of the bible than at least half of us here.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

Hey I detest Slick Willie as much as the next briefer, but I would venture that with WJC's southern baptist backgorund and raising, plus a half dozen years  or so of Vacation Bible School?  I'd bet WJC is probably more knowledeable of the bible than at least half of us here.
May have a lot of "head knowledge" but maybe not a lot of "heart knowledge".

Offline LadyLiberty

Heather Caygle
@heatherscope
 Â· 2h
Pelosi asked about Trump’s Bible photo op last night. She goes and grabs her own bible and is now reading from it.

Trump managed to get Pelosi to read her Bible.

Online Hoodat

Agreed.  I also recall an interview with Dick Morris where he gave an account of Bill Clinton giving a speech.  The speech was about seven pages long.  When presented with the speech in advance, Clinton read it over, made a couple of changes, and handed it back.  When it was time to give the speech, Clinton utilized teleprompters as all politicians do.  But in the middle of the speech, the teleprompters went blank.  Yet Clinton did not miss a beat, reciting the speech verbatim from the memory of reading it one time.  Slick has a photographic memory, so I would agree that he has much scripture tucked up in his memory.

But keep in mind that satan can also recite scripture from memory.  Just sayin'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

But keep in mind that satan can also recite scripture from memory.  Just sayin'.
Yep.

Offline LMAO

Is this  bishop really "outraged?" Or is it just a term used to get noticed by the news?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Is this  bishop really "outraged?" Or is it just a term used to get noticed by the news?
Who isn't outraged? We're all outraged. That, and a dollar, will get you a cup of coffee at 7-Eleven.

Offline skeeter

Mebbe so. But we know the ‘Toon by his fruit.

Offline mountaineer

Brit Hume  @brithume

The Trump church photo op was crude and transparent. But if the bishop has a word of criticism for the violent “protesters” who have done such damage in this city and others across the country, I have yet to hear it.

6:52 PM · Jun 2, 2020·

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Apparently it was a show of bravery for Trump who didn't want to be seen as hiding in his bunker.

Prepare ye the way of the Trump. Make straight paths for him
by Timothy P. Carney
 | June 02, 2020 12:35 AM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/prepare-ye-the-way-of-the-trump-make-straight-paths-for-him
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

And unless someone can prove those protesters were violent then the President just gassed peaceful protesters.  The ones he said he thought had the right to assemble.  That's a score for Biden big time.

But he said he was on the side of peaceful protesters?!?

Everytime I read your posts, I want to read another @Chosen Daughter .   :seeya:

Offline Applewood

Trump managed to get Pelosi to read her Bible.

But I'll bet she skipped over some parts -- such as Thou Shalt Not Kill.

Online Hoodat

Apparently it was a show of bravery for Trump who didn't want to be seen as hiding in his bunker.

Geez, there's no way Trump can win.   Trump issues statements.  The press reports that Trump is remaining silent hiding inside the White House while in the very same stories complains about what Trump said in his statements.  When challenged on this, the press admonishes Trump and asks for him to come out and setting the record straight.  So Trump comes out and sets the record straight, yet now the press says he's only doing it so he won't be seen as hiding in his bunker.  Good grief, @Chosen Daughter.  You will never be satisfied.

Trump frowns.  You blast him for frowning, saying he should smile more.  So Trump smiles.  And you blast him for smiling because he is only doing it to cover up the frowning.  That's psychotic.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Geez, there's no way Trump can win.

Increasingly that is exactly the case, he'll basically be criticized for anything he does. Might even be a regular feature of the job.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Increasingly that is exactly the case, he'll basically be criticized for anything he does. Might even be a regular feature of the job.

If Slow Joe steals this thing, we need to all we can to destroy his presidency.  (Like if he didn't need any help).  This war is a 2 way street

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
(Still waiting on that apology from that Bishop, since its been shown and officially stated from the Park Service that no Tear Gas was used)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 01:15:25 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline skeeter

But he said he was on the side of peaceful protesters?!?

Everytime I read your posts, I want to read another @Chosen Daughter .   :seeya:

Falsehoods and all.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Good grief, @Chosen Daughter.  You will never be satisfied.

Trump frowns.  You blast him for frowning, saying he should smile more.  So Trump smiles.  And you blast him for smiling because he is only doing it to cover up the frowning.  That's psychotic.

@Chosen Daughter @Hoodat

Not true. If he were to castrate  himself and pay someone to strip him naked and nail him to a cross to be placed along side a public road,she MIGHT forgive him for having sex with women he wasn't married to or divorcing women.

MAYBE.

SOME people drag too much of their personal history into their public and political lives because they just can't "let things go".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!