Author Topic: 'I am outraged': DC bishop denounces Trump's church visit after police clear protesters with tear ga  (Read 5002 times)

Offline skeeter

It’s a no win situation.

Decry the looters and violence and the left shouts back, “Oh, so you support the cops murder of George Floyd?”
The 'bifurcation fallacy'. Not buying.

Offline aligncare

WTF are you talking about?  I said no such f'n thing......

I never said you did. Are you a leftist? Sorry, I didn’t know.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I never said you did. Are you a leftist? Sorry, I didn’t know.

Do I post like a leftist?   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Chosen Daughter

Acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan of the United States Park Police corrected the misinformation about teargas – information any half-competent reporter could have and should have found with a small effort (emphasis added):

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park.  At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/06/americans_are_being_subjected_to_an_orgy_of_disinformation.html

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 03:01:44 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline aligncare

Do I post like a leftist?   :cool:

Not in the least. But thanks to @skeeter , during that last exchange I looked up a fallacy new to me, bifurcation.

Pardon me while I bifurcate. Sounds nasty.

Offline aligncare

@Chosen Daughter

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/06/americans_are_being_subjected_to_an_orgy_of_disinformation.html

In my best CNN announcer’s voice, the protesters were mostly peaceful. What are you worried about? It’s only a flesh wound.

Offline skeeter

Not in the least. But thanks to @skeeter , during that last exchange I looked up a fallacy new to me, bifurcation.

Pardon me while I bifurcate. Sounds nasty.

Hope you aren’t wearing suede shoes.

Offline Hoodat

Statement from United States Park Police acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan about the actions taken over the weekend to protect life and property

Date: June 2, 2020

The United States Park Police (USPP) is committed to the peaceful expression of First Amendment rights. However, this past weekend’s demonstrations at Lafayette Park and across the National Mall included activities that were not part of a peaceful protest, which resulted in injuries to USPP officers in the line of duty, the destruction of public property and the defacing of memorials and monuments. During four days of demonstrations, 51 members of the USPP were injured; of those, 11 were transported to the hospital and released and three were admitted.

Multiple agencies assisted the USPP in responding to and quelling the acts of destruction and violence over the course of the weekend in order to protect citizens and property.

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park.  At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

Throughout the demonstrations, the USPP has not made any arrests. The USPP will always support peaceful assembly but cannot tolerate violence to citizens or officers or damage to our nation’s resources that we are entrusted to protect.

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/6_2_20_statement_from_acting_chief_monahan.htm
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You’re both liars  @Once-Ler  @Chosen Daughter  your alliance with the violent rioters, arsonists and anarchists attacking secret service and park police is disgusting. You both sicken me.

I feel sorry for you.  I watched a man slowly murdered on video and I stand with the peaceful protesters who also think it was wrong.  I condemn rioting.  May God bless you@aligncare.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z56j06plUgs

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 12:57:48 am by Once-Ler »

Offline skeeter

I feel sorry for you.  I watched a man slowly murdered on video and I stand with the peaceful protesters who also think it was wrong.  I condemn rioting.  May God bless you@aligncare.

Yes. Lets both pray that the rogue cop is caught and charged with murder. Justice!

Offline Hoodat

I'm sitting here asking myself "Why am I watching this untruthful nonsense?  Who posted this crap?"  Then I looked up and saw Once-ler's name.  Amazing how easily someone can lie with such narrative poise.  It is also amazing how someone is totally oblivious to how easily his lies are exposed.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 01:03:36 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter

I have to call you out on your dishonesty.  The protests continue and most of them are peaceful.  You should watch this video.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2020/06/03/dc-protest-george-floyd-white-house/

Antifa is a terrorist group and anyone setting fires, throwing bricks, looting stores should be arrested and serve serious time.  Leave the peaceful protesters alone.  Trump is only making the situation worse.

And since Trump criticized state leadership look what's still happening at his front doorstep.  They are reacting to his words.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Yes. Lets both pray that the rogue cop is caught and charged with murder. Justice!
@skeeter
Thankfully he was charged with 2nd degree murder today and his accessories have finally also been charged today.  Hopefully this will go a long ways towards bridging the deep racial divides we currently face.  The wheels of justice turn slowly.

I'm sitting here asking myself "Why am I watching this untruthful nonsense?  Who posted this crap?"  Then I looked up and saw Once-ler's name.  Amazing how easily someone can lie with such narrative poise.  It is also amazing how someone is totally oblivious to how easily his lies are exposed.

I'm sorry my opinion is different than yours @Hoodat .  Could you point out something I posted you think is untruthful?

Offline Hoodat

I stand with the peaceful protesters who also think it was wrong.

What's your take on peaceful protesters who do nothing while others standing among them throw frozen water bottles and brick fragments at police officers?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

@skeeter
Thankfully he was charged with 2nd degree murder today and his accessories have finally also been charged today.  Hopefully this will go a long ways towards bridging the deep racial divides we currently face. 

Oh please.

We won't bridge the deep racial divides we currently face until certain parties stop using racial animosities for political leverage.

And, as with so many other social and spiritual matters, the first step starts with you.

What's your take on peaceful protesters who do nothing while others standing among them throw frozen water bottles and brick fragments at police officers?
I against it.  There are millions of protesters.  Most are peaceful.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
@sneakypete
Well, Pete there are some of us, who have no problem being critical when the guy makes a mistake, and believe me he does.

But OTOH....   AT this very moment ....  look at the streets.....  WE ARE AT WAR.  Time to circle the wagons, fight back, and do our best to destroy the left in a unified manner.

Amen @catfish1957
James 1:20

Offline Hoodat

I'm sorry my opinion is different than yours @Hoodat .  Could you point out something I posted you think is untruthful?

I was referring to the man in the video.  His narrative was complete unadulterated BS.  Trump gave the order to round up 'Peaceful Protesters'©, tear gas them, shoot them with rubber bullets, and beat the shit out of them?  Seriously?  You really believe this crap?  Maybe someone had the foresight to pick up one of those rubber bullets and hand it over to a reporter.  Maybe someone can provide a copy of their medical record showing the treatment they received right after having the crap beat out of them.  Or maybe the testimony of someone who actually got tear gassed describing the effects of CS and how those effects differed from pepper blasts.  But no, we don't get any of those.   All we get is the same old impassioned testimony of someone who wasn't even there, but can recite the opposition account of this event verbatim.

Just curious, did you happen to read the account from Chief Monahan of the US Park Police?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I against it.  There are millions of protesters.  Most are peaceful.

Excellent.  Good to have you on record as being against the protesters in Lafayette Park at 6:33 pm Monday.  Because that is exactly what those protesters did.  They stood their ground while some among them threw frozen water bottles and brick fragments at Park Police officers.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

You sicken me.  6:30 PM was when they started gas bombing and shooting people with rubber bullets.  Disperse people so that Trump could walk across the street and hold up his Bible.  There are many reports in even Conservative news sources that say the protests were peaceful all day.
You prefer he hold up the quran?

Offline Idiot

@skeeter
Thankfully he was charged with 2nd degree murder today and his accessories have finally also been charged today.  Hopefully this will go a long ways towards bridging the deep racial divides we currently face.  The wheels of justice turn slowly.
So what are they protesting again?  Does anyone really know?

Offline Hoodat

With all this incessant reporting on how the Park Police shot Peaceful Protesters© with rubber bullets, and "beat the shit out of them" (on Trump's order, of course), can anyone find a single account of any protester suffering a laceration, contusion, broken bone, dislocated joint, ankle sprain, allergic reaction, or bruise from this devastating assault on Monday?  Anybody?  Surely with all the multitudes of press accounts (essentially parroting the same story), at least one of them would have cited the account of a casualty. 

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I have to call you out on your dishonesty.   

I have to call you out on your insanity.