Author Topic: Minneapolis mayor calls for arrest of officer in George Floyd case  (Read 3715 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Minneapolis mayor calls for arrest of officer in George Floyd case
By Zack Budryk - 05/27/20 03:13 PM EDT

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey (D) on Wednesday called on the Hennepin County Attorney General’s office to charge a dismissed police officer in the killing of George Floyd, a black man who died shortly after the officer knelt on his neck while arresting him.

"Why is the man who killed George Floyd not in jail?" Frey said during a press conference Wednesday. "If you had done it or I had done it, we would be behind bars right now.

"We are not talking about a split-second decision that was made incorrectly," Frey added. "There's somewhere around 300 seconds in those five minutes, every one of which the officer could have turned back ... and removed his knee from George Floyd's neck."

Floyd repeatedly protests that he cannot breathe in a video clip of the incident.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/499783-minneapolis-mayor-calls-for-arrest-of-officer-in-george-floyd-case
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Minneapolis mayor calls for arrest of officer in George Floyd case
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 11:07:40 pm »
Four Effing pigs.

They should all be charged and convicted of capital murder.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 11:17:57 pm »
Just so anyone knows.  Floyd was a criminal. I didn't say, he had to die,  but would continue being a criminal.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 11:28:55 pm »
"Why is the man who killed George Floyd not in jail?" Frey said during a press conference Wednesday. "If you had done it or I had done it, we would be behind bars right now.
I assume the officer will be charged eventually, if the prosecutor does his job and carries out a thorough investigation, but what's the mayor's rush? Hoping to prevent more riots? I'm afraid that horse is out of the barn, as tweets in the past few minutes indicate:
CrimeWatchMpls  @CrimeWatchMpls
2m
Mounted patrol showing up. #Mplsriot2020 3rd Precinct #mpls #GeorgeFloyd protest

CrimeWatchMpls  @CrimeWatchMpls
4m
Numerous officers hit with rocks and bottles, CS gas deployed again.
#Mplsriot2020 3rd Precinct #mpls #GeorgeFloyd protest

CrimeWatchMpls @CrimeWatchMpls
14m
NOW: CS gas being delivered into crowd: dispatch #Mplsriot2020 3rd Precinct #mpls #GeorgeFloyd

CrimeWatchMpls @CrimeWatchMpls
20m
Male "gathering iron" pieces from nearby construction site: dispatch
#Mplsriot2020 3rd Precinct #mpls #GeorgeFloyd
https://twitter.com/CrimeWatchMpls
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 11:53:55 pm »
They called in the FBI to investigate.

I watched the video. These cops murdered this guy.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 12:04:55 am »
Before getting to my point, I'll say that I think one or more of the officers involved should be prosecuted. That said, this mayor just gave any defense lawyer in any prosecution arising from this a solid basis for a change-of-venue motion, and possibly an appeal based on pretrial publicity prejudicing any possible jury pool in the state. His statement was very unprofessional and imprudent.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 12:15:43 am »
Just so anyone knows.  Floyd was a criminal. I didn't say, he had to die,  but would continue being a criminal.

Wrong. He was a suspect. If he had been arrested, tried and convicted, he would have been sentenced for the crime.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 02:14:50 am »
Completely controlled by the Dems from the Statehouse to the mayors House in Minneapolis.  I'll go ahead and assume the Police Chief is a member of the DFL as well.

Yet this will somehow get blamed on you and me.

BTW...did they riot in Minneapolis when that Somali immigrant cop shot the white Australian woman?  I don't remember.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 02:26:00 am »
Completely controlled by the Dems from the Statehouse to the mayors House in Minneapolis.  I'll go ahead and assume the Police Chief is a member of the DFL as well.

Yet this will somehow get blamed on you and me.

BTW...did they riot in Minneapolis when that Somali immigrant cop shot the white Australian woman?  I don't remember.
They didn't riot either when the black guy threw the white kid over the balcony at the MOA.
Strange that, huh?
This looks like a case of the police screwing up. That happens.
But it's hardly murder, most likely manslaughter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 02:55:09 am »
They didn't riot either when the black guy threw the white kid over the balcony at the MOA.
Strange that, huh?
One thing tough to judge from voice over video and still images is intent.What was said at the time will indicate intent.

The suspect was in custody, handcuffed, on the ground, kneeling on his neck of questionable utility.

I know adrenaline can be flowing, and things can get out of hand, but there has to be a limit.

A life has been taken, over a fake @20. How is that any different than someone being shot over an empty till?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 03:22:07 am »
One thing tough to judge from voice over video and still images is intent.What was said at the time will indicate intent.

The suspect was in custody, handcuffed, on the ground, kneeling on his neck of questionable utility.

I know adrenaline can be flowing, and things can get out of hand, but there has to be a limit.

A life has been taken, over a fake @20. How is that any different than someone being shot over an empty till?
Without all the facts in, it looks very bad for the police.
We still don't know what was going on before the cop put his knee on the victim, but whatever the guy did, he didn't deserve to die.
Nevertheless, it does not excuse rioting and looting which seems to always follow these sorts of "protests."
The problem is black males commit so many crimes, are accosted by the police so many times, and  resist arrest far more than other demographics, unfortunately at times, like this one, some cops overreact.
Sometimes both sides are guilty. Most likely the cop who put his knee on the neck of Floyd, and the rioters and looters who never miss a chance to let many people doubt their sincerity.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 03:44:03 am »
Without all the facts in, it looks very bad for the police.
We still don't know what was going on before the cop put his knee on the victim, but whatever the guy did, he didn't deserve to die.
Nevertheless, it does not excuse rioting and looting which seems to always follow these sorts of "protests."
The problem is black males commit so many crimes, are accosted by the police so many times, and  resist arrest far more than other demographics, unfortunately at times, like this one, some cops overreact.
Sometimes both sides are guilty. Most likely the cop who put his knee on the neck of Floyd, and the rioters and looters who never miss a chance to let many people doubt their sincerity.
I'm not defending the rioters, and IMHO, they detract from the gravity of their grievance by using it as an excuse to riot and destroy things when it comes to that. A large, peaceful protest, without destruction, can be equally compelling without garnering the enmity of a community.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 08:23:03 am »
These enablers stood around while the guy was murdered by one of their own.  Very upsetting to watch, and a complete nightmare for PR.  Cops need to understand they aren't helping themselves by tolerating the psychos.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 11:55:05 am »

A governor with a death on his cities hands may decide to take the easy
way out and serve up the cops at the scene. Give up your man for the
political advantage it gains. It could also gain votes in the next election.

Ethical behavior melts when political advantage can be gained by a
sacrifice. It is an easy call for some. It virtue signals your supposedly
clean hands.

Better would be to keep your statements to the facts of the case to
yourself and avoid being judge and jury. Let the detail unfold during any
trial. The Mayor has prejudiced any trial.

One risk the Governor has taken is that of the police force. How do they see
the detail? Will the police support the officers and fight the Mayor. It could
lead to a withdrawal of protection for the city. We have seen this before. A
city can be looted, burned, and its citizens subject to a stamped for justice.

If the Governor has concluded the officers are guilty of anything, a better course
would let an investigation proceed while the officers are suspended with
pay for the duration of the investigation and any trial. Suspension with pay
reduces exposure to followup lawsuits when officers are found innocent.

The Governor is the leader. He failed in that task by a quick,
easy, and a temporary solution. He felt the panic to do something quickly.
Something fast is not justice.

Independent of the eventual outcome for the officers, I would never vote for
such a politician again. Neither would I vote for the other local politicians
lining up behind the Governor. Give your officers their day in court without your
opinion.
Should the cops have been arrested?

If the evidence shows illegal behavior, suspend them with pay, and arrest them
if you can prove it in court. Be prepared to proceed with a timely trial..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 12:26:48 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 12:47:32 pm »

If the evidence shows illegal behavior, suspend them with pay, and arrest them
if you can prove it in court. Be prepared to proceed with a timely trial..

Bravo... well said.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 12:56:20 pm »
These enablers stood around while the guy was murdered by one of their own.  Very upsetting to watch, and a complete nightmare for PR.  Cops need to understand they aren't helping themselves by tolerating the psychos.

I have always been a huge supporter of the LEO community.  Still I have often commented that though 99% of these guys are hard working dedicated public servants, that estimated 1% means that there are nearly 7,000 out there who wear their mental complexes on their badge.

One thing though....   Though force seemed excessive, did the suspect have some kind of spinal or respiratory condiiton that might cause a sudden onset of death.  I'm waiting for the autospsy for final comment.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 12:58:09 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 01:30:01 pm »
Strange that, huh?

Notice they only mention race in the headlines if it's a white on black malfeasance, never for the reverse?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 01:32:07 pm »
Notice they only mention race in the headlines if it's a white on black malfeasance, never for the reverse?

Fueling a race war is a prime objective of the left and their MSM lackeys. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 03:50:17 pm »
https://www.christianpost.com/news/president-trump-says-justice-will-be-served-for-death-of-george-floyd-as-romney-urges-action.html
President Trump says ‘justice will be served’ for death of George Floyd as Romney urges action
By Leonardo Blair, Christian Post Reporter
May 28, 2020

President Trump promised “justice will be served” after announcing Wednesday that he has ordered a federal investigation into the death of George Floyd, a 46-year-old African American man who died Monday while in police custody in Minneapolis.

“At my request, the FBI and the Department of Justice are already well into an investigation as to the very sad and tragic death in Minnesota of George Floyd,” Trump said in a statement on Twitter. “I have asked for this investigation to be expedited and greatly appreciate all of the work done by local law enforcement. My heart goes out to George’s family and friends. Justice will be served!” ... More at Christian Post
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 04:09:07 pm by Mod2 »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2020, 03:59:50 pm »
George Floyd showed no signs of life by the time first responders arrived: EMS
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/499923-george-floyd-showed-no-signs-of-life-by-the-time-first-responders
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2020, 04:26:30 pm »

Exactly!  These nutcases give the police a very bad name............ and not just with blacks either.

They are a tiny minority, but when they do things like this, and other police watch, it's bad for everyone......... especially the police.

Somebody should have stopped him.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 04:27:35 pm »
Fueling a race war is a prime objective of the left and their MSM lackeys.

What's sad is when a few bad cops carry the matches by doing horrid things like this.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 04:29:02 pm »
Quote from: bigheadfred link
=topic=403325.msg2218413#msg2218413 date=1590623635
They called in the FBI to investigate.

I watched the video. These cops murdered this guy.

I only watched a portion of the video .... I found it very disturbing.  Obviously the man was handcuffed.  It does NOT matter, if he was brown, white, black or purple he was handcuffed.  There was absolutely NO reason for the cop to put his knee into his neck.  None. The man died. 

As the article stated the man in handcuffs stated several times he couldn't breathe.   Again, in handcuffs, no reason for that cop to put a knee into his neck. 

I agree.  This is murder period.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2020, 04:31:43 pm »
I only watched a portion of the video .... I found it very disturbing.  Obviously the man was handcuffed.  It does NOT matter, if he was brown, white, black or purple he was handcuffed.  There was absolutely NO reason for the cop to put his knee into his neck.  None. The man died. 

As the article stated the man in handcuffs stated several times he couldn't breathe.   Again, in handcuffs, no reason for that cop to put a knee into his neck. 

I agree.  This is murder period.

Yes. To every word.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2020, 04:32:23 pm »
Exactly!  These nutcases give the police a very bad name............ and not just with blacks either.

They are a tiny minority, but when they do things like this, and other police watch, it's bad for everyone......... especially the police.

Somebody should have stopped him.

:amen:   Obviously physical abuse was applied -- those cops standing around watching should have done something.  Their lack of non-action resulted in death.  I'd say they are guilty.  They may have not been the ones with their knee into the handcuffed man's neck, but they did nothing to correct the horrific behavior.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.