Author Topic: Minneapolis mayor calls for arrest of officer in George Floyd case  (Read 3726 times)

Offline EdinVA

Re: Minneapolis mayor calls for arrest of officer in George Floyd case
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 04:33:56 pm »
If he could not breathe, how could he talk?

Online libertybele

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 04:41:02 pm »

Seriously??  Did you watch the video??  Obviously he didn't breathe for very long because he died!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2020, 04:44:47 pm »
Mayor giving presser right now.....and crying
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2020, 04:48:15 pm »
Seriously??  Did you watch the video??  Obviously he didn't breathe for very long because he died!
I am sorry, I just don't abide by trial by media.
Innocent until proven otherwise.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2020, 04:49:58 pm »

Speaking is dependent on the out breath. With at least some air (complete or partial) in your lungs it’s possible to get a few words out. But, when the breathing mechanism is hampered from refilling (thoracic muscles compressed by the cops weight) you become asphyxiated fairly quickly.

Just to clarify. You need your diaphragm and a compliant rib cage to fully aerate the lungs. The cops weight against the victim and the victims rib cage against the street surface made that impossible.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:01:38 pm by aligncare »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2020, 04:54:28 pm »
Without all the facts in, it looks very bad for the police.
We still don't know what was going on before the cop put his knee on the victim, but whatever the guy did, he didn't deserve to die.
Nevertheless, it does not excuse rioting and looting which seems to always follow these sorts of "protests."
The problem is black males commit so many crimes, are accosted by the police so many times, and  resist arrest far more than other demographics, unfortunately at times, like this one, some cops overreact.
Sometimes both sides are guilty. Most likely the cop who put his knee on the neck of Floyd, and the rioters and looters who never miss a chance to let many people doubt their sincerity.

As we know from all the past experiences, the rioters and looters are instigated by outside forces (Antifa, in this case), not from those peacefully protesting a wrong.

Don't look at the rioting as an excuse to overlook what was done to this man.  It's not a parallel.

And don't look at the man's race as an excuse for what has been done either.

If we use the same tactics of the left.......... they excuse race, we blame race......... we are no better than they are.  Are we??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2020, 04:56:32 pm »
I am sorry, I just don't abide by trial by media.
Innocent until proven otherwise.

How about the fact that the man, who was in handcuffs and begging for his life, is dead?

That's not "trial by media."

Blaming the media for this one is just an excuse to not say sometimes the police are wrong.

They need to get rid of these outliers who can't control themselves.  This was a petty crime.  It shouldn't have ended in death.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2020, 05:00:03 pm »
They called in the FBI to investigate.

I watched the video. These cops murdered this guy.

I didn't watch the video, but from personal experience I know it takes about 30 seconds to handcuff a person and place them in the back of a police car.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2020, 06:04:29 pm »
I'm not defending the rioters, and IMHO, they detract from the gravity of their grievance by using it as an excuse to riot and destroy things when it comes to that. A large, peaceful protest, without destruction, can be equally compelling without garnering the enmity of a community.
None of these people protested when the white woman was shot by the black cop a few years ago. Or the black guy threw the white kid over the balcony at the MOA. It's a miracle the kid survived.
That's while I'm sorry the guy died, and the cop is guilty of at least manslaughter, I'm sorry, I just can't get real worked up over  this.
Black males are eighteen times more likely to attack a cop than vice versa.
Once again, no excuse for what happened. The cop deserves punishment. But let's look at the whole picture.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2020, 06:07:57 pm »
None of these people protested when the white woman was shot by the black cop a few years ago. Or the black guy threw the white kid over the balcony at the MOA. It's a miracle the kid survived.
That's while I'm sorry the guy died, and the cop is guilty of at least manslaughter, I'm sorry, I just can't get real worked up over  this.
Once again, no excuse for what happened. The cop deserves punishment. But let's look at the whole picture.
Right is right and wrong is wrong.

What happened to this guy sure looks wrong.
Throwing a kid (any kid) off a balcony (unless it's into an airbag below in a rescue situation) is wrong.
Murder by anyone is wrong.

I am looking at the whole picture, the protesters are the ones who aren't.

And the riots, looting, and destruction are wrong, too.

I don't believe in guilt by association, God won't judge us by the heart of the people around us, but by our own, and all the statistics in the world might make the man a more likely suspect, but it is the person's actions which should determine their treatment, not the actions of others.

While those probabilities may be reason to be ready to respond to someone in a high risk category, that doesn't mean that they should be treated as if they were some one who put up a fight if they didn't, and AFAIK, 'resistance' isn't a lethal force situation, unless there is a weapon involved or significant threat of bodily harm.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:12:41 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2020, 06:09:10 pm »

How about the picture that this man worked at the Salvation Army homeless shelter in Minneapolis and did nothing to deserve death?

Antifa rioting notwithstanding, the "whole picture" includes that this was an individual, a Christian who struggled in life, but who hated violence and wanted others to know God. (According to a Salvation Army chaplain who called him a friend).

Why should conservatives adapt leftist "group identity" garbage to excuse the inexcusable?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:10:22 pm by musiclady »

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2020, 06:13:26 pm »
How about the picture that this man worked at the Salvation Army homeless shelter in Minneapolis and did nothing to deserve death?

Antifa rioting notwithstanding, the "whole picture" includes that this was an individual, a Christian who struggled in life, but who hated violence and wanted others to know God. (According to a Salvation Army chaplain who called him a friend).

Why should conservatives adapt leftist "group identity" garbage to excuse the inexcusable?
We shouldn't. That simple.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2020, 06:20:03 pm »
We shouldn't. That simple.

Exactly.  And yet, it's being done here, is it not?  Because he is black he's part of a trouble making group and that's part of the "big picture" that somehow makes this not so bad?

Sorry, but this kind of stuff makes me mad.  I've always been proud to be a Conservative, but when Conservatives close their eyes to reality, it's inexcusable.

My faith informs my politics, not the other way around.  When political considerations deny the reality of what's going on, and caring for other human beings is set aside, I can't go along.

"Yeah....... he shouldn't have died but..... excuses, excuses, excuses......."   **nononono*

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2020, 06:22:46 pm »

Why should Conservative defend actions in a Democrat hell hole like Minnesota?  Make the Dems own this one.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:23:35 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2020, 06:29:07 pm »
Why should Conservative defend actions in a Democrat hell hole like Minnesota?  Make the Dems own this one.

Who's doing that?  No one I know.  The Dems DO own it.  It's their city.  It's their state.

But everyone in Minnesota isn't evil either, and South Minneapolis is most certainly NOT a "hell hole."

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2020, 06:31:45 pm »
Who's doing that?  No one I know.  The Dems DO own it.  It's their city.  It's their state.

But everyone in Minnesota isn't evil either, and South Minneapolis is most certainly NOT a "hell hole."
Right. I have some conservative family who live there, one even works for ICE.
It only takes a simple majority of idiots to foul up a place.

If, every time they get that one vote more, good people leave, we'll be surrounded before long.

C S Lewis

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2020, 06:35:31 pm »

Wow, mighty broad brush.  While the state has been adrift in the Democrat wilderness for eons, there are a lot of high quality folks who live there.  Kind of like Illinois. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2020, 06:50:48 pm »
Right. I have some conservative family who live there, one even works for ICE.
It only takes a simple majority of idiots to foul up a place.

If, every time they get that one vote more, good people leave, we'll be surrounded before long.

There are a lot of conservatives in Minnesota..... a lot of very good people

To condemn everyone in the state because the majority elect Dem leaders is irresponsible.  There are many states where the Dems have the majority, but there are many good people who still live there......

And if you've ever been to South Minneapolis and walked along the Mississippi River there, gone to the great little restaurants and felt perfectly safe everywhere you went, you know that the description of "hell hole" is completely out of line.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2020, 06:52:00 pm »
Wow, mighty broad brush.  While the state has been adrift in the Democrat wilderness for eons, there are a lot of high quality folks who live there.  Kind of like Illinois.

Yeah.......... like you and our esteemed leader Mystery.   :patriot:

(I'm sure our California members wouldn't care for the broadbrush either....)

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2020, 07:07:26 pm »
@Lando Lincoln @musiclady

By 'hell hole', I mean a political one.  Minnesota is a political hell hole.  So is Illinois.  Georgia was one for over a century.

Let me know how long it takes for a Democrat state official to issue an arrest warrant.  Here in Georgia, it took one day.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2020, 07:10:44 pm »
:amen:   Obviously physical abuse was applied -- those cops standing around watching should have done something.  Their lack of non-action resulted in death.  I'd say they are guilty.  They may have not been the ones with their knee into the handcuffed man's neck, but they did nothing to correct the horrific behavior.

I don't know what everybody is watching, but if it is that busted up vid in the OP, I don't know how anyone can judge anything.

Having been in that exact position, with an officer sitting on my neck, I know how one gets in that position. Especially jammed up against the car like that... There's more going on than what is being said.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2020, 07:25:39 pm »
Here comes the faux sanctimony.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2020, 07:29:14 pm »
The Dems DO own it.  It's their city.  It's their state.

Maxine Waters: Trump Partly To Blame For George Floyd’s Death

But everyone in Minnesota isn't evil either

Never said that they were.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:31:05 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2020, 07:30:24 pm »

Exactly
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2020, 07:31:13 pm »
I don't know what everybody is watching, but if it is that busted up vid in the OP, I don't know how anyone can judge anything.

Having been in that exact position, with an officer sitting on my neck, I know how one gets in that position. Especially jammed up against the car like that... There's more going on than what is being said.

Which is why the body cam footage needs to be released now instead of later.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!