Author Topic: Bolton’s Lawyer: Draft Book was Leaked to New York Times  (Read 934 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bolton’s Lawyer: Draft Book was Leaked to New York Times
« on: January 27, 2020, 02:27:51 pm »
Kristina Wong26 Jan 20202,430
3:21

Chuck Cooper, an attorney for former National Security Adviser John Bolton, said that Bolton’s book manuscript was submitted to the National Security Council for a standard review for classified information, but its contents appear to have been leaked to the New York Times.

Cooper was reacting to a story in the Times that alleges President Donald Trump told Bolton that he wanted to withhold aid to Ukraine until it completed investigations Trump had requested.

Cooper said in a statement:

On December 30, 2019, I submitted, on behalf of Ambassador Bolton, a book manuscript to the National Security Council’s Records Management Division for standard prepublication security review for classified information. As explained in my cover letter to Ellen J. Knight, Senior Director of the Records Management Division, we submitted the manuscript notwithstanding our firm belief that the manuscript contained no information that could reasonably be considered classified and on the assurance that the ‘process of reviewing submitted materials is restricted to those career government officials and employees regularly charged with responsibility for such reviews’ and the ‘contents of Ambassador Bolton’s manuscript will not be reviewed or otherwise disclosed to any personals not regularly involved in that process. A copy of my December 30 letter is attached. It is clear, regrettably, from The New York Times article published today that the prepublication review process has been corrupted and that information has been disclosed by persons other than those properly involved in reviewing the manuscript.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/26/boltons-lawyer-draft-book-was-leaked-to-new-york-times/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Bolton’s Lawyer: Draft Book was Leaked to New York Times
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 02:31:21 pm »
Imagine that

CNN’s Stelter: John Bolton Book Goes on Pre-Order at Amazon after NYT Story
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/26/cnns-stelter-john-bolton-book-goes-on-pre-order-at-amazon-after-nyt-story/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 02:48:55 pm »
Report: John Bolton Undercuts Trump’s Main Ukraine Defense In Book Manuscript
https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/26/john-bolton-book-ukraine-trump/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 02:52:17 pm »
'Bombshell' Excerpt from Bolton Book Leaks, But the Timing Is Very Suspect
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2020/01/27/bolton-n2560152
Support the USO

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 03:13:09 pm »
Someone is lying.  Which one?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 04:31:18 pm »
I don't see John Bolton as lying but I do wonder, why come out with this?

Does anyone think Bolton lies? But if what he says is true, I don't think it necessarily means that now, wrongdoing was done. Hardly, one could still say it's about investigating corruption.

And no wrongdoing was done, possibly poor judgement.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 05:06:11 pm »

Does anyone think Bolton lies? But if what he says is true, I don't think it necessarily means that now, wrongdoing was done. Hardly, one could still say it's about investigating corruption.

I really liked Bolton and I am dismayed that he might of done this to get back at Trump and to sell his book.....so far he has not issued a statement to stop this madness...very telling.
Support the USO

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 05:11:26 pm »
John Bolton
@AmbJohnBolton
·
57m
Today is International Holocaust Remembrance Day & the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau.  #WeRemember
 the victims who perished during the Holocaust.  Antisemitism is a threat not just to Jews but to society as a whole.  We must fight it wherever we see it.

John Bolton
@AmbJohnBolton
·
Jan 21
Great meeting today with Cindy and Fred Warmbier.  Sadly, they know better than anyone of the brutality and dishonesty of the Kim Jung Un regime.

https://twitter.com/ambjohnbolton

Last two tweets from Bolton's twitter account, I hope to gosh, he displays not just honesty but integrity and character here.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:12:27 pm by TomSea »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 05:23:07 pm »
Rush.."This isn't the John Bolton I know"
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 05:23:34 pm »

Bolton will have to choose between selling books and refusing to allow himself to be used as a rat tool.

We shall soon see what he is made of.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 05:31:02 pm »
Who, in the prepublication review for classified material process, leaked the  book? Especially to the NYT?
While the book has not yet been released for publication, there is no access to the primary alleged source, so anything can be claimed by the leaker, in or out of context. 

There are more moles to ferret out. Too many residual rodents in this administration.

There is someone else who should lose their job.

If they were doing this to Hillary, they'd be found with a half-dozen "self-inflicted" gunshot wounds to the back of their head.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 05:36:02 pm »
I really liked Bolton and I am dismayed that he might of done this to get back at Trump and to sell his book.....so far he has not issued a statement to stop this madness...very telling.

Or it may simply be the truth. If it is the truth, Bolton is not obligated to hide a lie. Why stain himself with someone else's lie?

I think Trump should have just come out and said "ya, I was threatening to withhold US aid until some of the major corruption that came to our attention was investigated and cleaned up". Hard to argue with that.

Online DB

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 05:37:21 pm »
Who, in the prepublication review for classified material process, leaked the  book? Especially to the NYT?
While the book has not yet been released for publication, there is no access to the primary alleged source, so anything can be claimed by the leaker, in or out of context. 

There are more moles to ferret out. Too many residual rodents in this administration.

There is someone else who should lose their job.

If they were doing this to Hillary, they'd be found with a half-dozen "self-inflicted" gunshot wounds to the back of their head.

It could have been the publisher. It would obviously sell more books...

Online DB

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 05:38:32 pm »
Bolton will have to choose between selling books and refusing to allow himself to be used as a rat tool.

We shall soon see what he is made of.

Where does the truth fit in in that calculation?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 05:40:44 pm »
Or it may simply be the truth. If it is the truth, Bolton is not obligated to hide a lie. Why stain himself with someone else's lie?

I think Trump should have just come out and said "ya, I was threatening to withhold US aid until some of the major corruption that came to our attention was investigated and cleaned up". Hard to argue with that.

Yes...I do agree with that..
Support the USO

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 05:46:24 pm »
It could have been the publisher. It would obviously sell more books...

From the OP:

Bolton’s book manuscript was submitted to the National Security Council for a standard review for classified information, but its contents appear to have been leaked to the New York Times.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 05:57:28 pm »

That's a pretty astute observation.

If Bolton knew this, they should have approached this differently, perhaps that is the potential danger of having a household name in the administration like Bolton.

Online DB

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 10:34:22 pm »

From the OP:

I understand that. Both the publisher and NSC had the documents to leak. That's all I was trying to say.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 12:30:37 am »
I understand that. Both the publisher and NSC had the documents to leak. That's all I was trying to say.
Why the publisher if there is any question of secure material being in the book?
That should be cleared first, then the publisher would get it, unless the publisher has a security clearance.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 12:45:10 am »
What are the precise words that Bolton used in his book?????

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2020, 12:48:36 am »
What are the precise words that Bolton used in his book?????

You will have to read the book because the NY Times did not quote them.  They quoted an unnamed source who had allegedly seen them. 

Typical NY Times BS in other words.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 12:51:07 am »
You will have to read the book because the NY Times did not quote them.  They quoted an unnamed source who had allegedly seen them. 

Typical NY Times BS in other words.

How many times have they pulled this exact same BS against this administration only to have it turn out to be nothing.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2020, 12:59:33 am »
How many times have they pulled this exact same BS against this administration only to have it turn out to be nothing.

I've lost count but it's many.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2020, 01:04:42 am »
C'mon, folks.
How much of which is printed in the New York Times these days, do you actually believe?