Author Topic: Michelle Obama’s new book is just another craven cash grab  (Read 750 times)

Offline mountaineer

Michelle Obama’s new book is just another craven cash grab
By Maureen Callahan
November 19, 2019 | 3:21pm
New York Post
Not content with more than 10 million books sold, a Netflix deal in the high eight figures, a joint publishing advance with husband Barack worth $65 million, a highly profitable world tour, speaking fees that by now surely average around $500,000 per, and a recently acquired waterfront Martha’s Vineyard mansion purchased for $15 million, Michelle Obama is back with another craven money grab.

“Becoming: A Guided Journal for Discovering Your Voice” is her new publishing venture.

Billed as a sequel of sorts to Obama’s best-selling memoir, this squat, slim volume, priced at $19.99, is Michelle “now provid[ing] you with the encouragement to find value in your own personal journey,” the publisher says. ...

Some of these thought-provoking prompts: ... “List ten favorite vegetables and how you like to prepare them.” ...
:silly:
Read entire article at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Michelle Obama’s new book is just another craven cash grab
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 01:54:27 pm »
Yay! This one just made my "Ten books that should be burned" list.

From the article "this squat, slim volume"

Is squat, slim like an oxymoron?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 01:56:16 pm »
Referring to the Mooch as a "lady" (first or otherwise) is an oxymoron, of sorts.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 02:12:17 pm »
Referring to the Mooch as a "lady" (first or otherwise) is an oxymoron, of sorts.

Right.

Maybe I read too much into it and gave the author of the article some credit for using the words squat and slim instead of ignorant and feeble.  :shrug:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 02:13:03 pm »
Community activism pays really well.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 02:17:29 pm »

That a quote from Al Sharpton?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 02:21:38 pm »
That a quote from Al Sharpton?

'Pay us we much about that be committed' were his exact words.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 02:26:39 pm »
'Pay us we much about that be committed' were his exact words.

Weird. My proctologist said the same thing just before my last colonoscopy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 11:03:03 pm »
Michelle Obama’s new book is just another craven cash grab
By Maureen Callahan
November 19, 2019 | 3:21pm
New York Post :silly:
Read entire article at NY Post

@mountaineer

Some of these thought-provoking prompts: ... “List ten favorite vegetables and how you like to prepare them.” ...

Well,we know two of the vegetables are named Barrack and Joe. Who are the other 8?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 11:56:26 pm »
Yay! This one just made my "Ten books that should be burned" list.

From the article "this squat, slim volume"

Is squat, slim like an oxymoron?
Burn? Just think of all those tables, beds and desks that will never get leveled if you burn them. And think of all those poor Americans that don’t have indoor plumbing that will be denied something to wipe with.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 04:51:50 am »
Communist activism pays well also.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 03:23:01 pm »
As long as $$ Dems would get for the 2020 election is sucked down scores of rat holes instead ... :pop41:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 05:53:57 pm »
@mountaineer

Well,we know two of the vegetables are named Barrack and Joe. Who are the other 8?
They're not talking...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2019, 05:56:21 pm »
Whatta scam. "I wrote a book and made $XXXXXXX"

Money laundering comes to mind, whether there actually are warehouses full of moldering books or not, and the payee gets to take a deduction for the 'loss' for their wholesale purchase, remaindered out at scrap prices.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2019, 06:23:38 pm »
Worse, this piece of crap book - rather, its piece of crap author - is up for a Grammy. Yeah, I'd love to listen to the Mooch reading anything.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2019, 07:35:31 pm »
Worse, this piece of crap book - rather, its piece of crap author - is up for a Grammy. Yeah, I'd love to listen to the Mooch reading anything.  *****rollingeyes*****
There was, perhaps, a time when those awards, from the Nobel Prize down, meant something, but they have been rendered meaningless to me, except to identify the persons and agenda of the awards committees. If you control who is lauded, you can control the whole narrative of what is considered "good" or "evil", or just crap.
I don't pay them much heed any more.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2019, 08:00:07 pm »
There was, perhaps, a time when those awards, from the Nobel Prize down, meant something, but they have been rendered meaningless to me, except to identify the persons and agenda of the awards committees. If you control who is lauded, you can control the whole narrative of what is considered "good" or "evil", or just crap.

@Smokin Joe

Nah,chances are it was always this way,but we were all to niaeve back then to realize it.

Chances are the Mooch,or it's handers, even paid the Nobel Committee to nominate her in order to punch up her book sales and speech fees.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 07:48:10 pm »
Agreed. That goes for virtually all awards on the national level. You get a bunch of liberals dictating the narrative, and the awards are mostly worthless.
It's like Hillary Clinton's book about gutsy women with not one conservative woman on it. The greatest political woman(or one of the greatest political figures of either sex) of the twentieth century, Margaret Thatcher, was not among Hillary's one hundred.
Obama winning the Nobel Peace prize for simply existing was the topper.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2019, 10:09:53 am »
Agreed. That goes for virtually all awards on the national level. You get a bunch of liberals dictating the narrative, and the awards are mostly worthless.
It's like Hillary Clinton's book about gutsy women with not one conservative woman on it. The greatest political woman(or one of the greatest political figures of either sex) of the twentieth century, Margaret Thatcher, was not among Hillary's one hundred.
Obama winning the Nobel Peace prize for simply existing was the topper.
Especially when you consider his subsequent foreign policy contributed to the destabilization of several Mediterranean Area governments, overthrow and execution of foreign leaders, and the formation of ISIS.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2019, 12:00:30 pm »
Communist activism pays well also.

Communists use our beautiful capitalist system to cash in while trashing capitalism. Oh, the irony.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2019, 12:34:26 pm »
Whatta scam. "I wrote a book and made $XXXXXXX"

Money laundering comes to mind, whether there actually are warehouses full of moldering books or not, and the payee gets to take a deduction for the 'loss' for their wholesale purchase, remaindered out at scrap prices.

I can’t wait for one of the Obama kids to write a book. I bet they’ll even get the DNC to purchase $100,000 worth. :whistle:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2019, 01:05:08 pm »
Communists use our beautiful capitalist system to cash in while trashing capitalism. Oh, the irony.
I don't really believe the Obamas are communists...even though many of things they advocate fall under what real communists want.
I think of the Obamas, Clintons, Gores, etal as more like thieves or parasites. Grifters who are experts at gaming the system to make as much filthy lucre as possible. In Slick Willy's case, access to young females as well as loot.