Author Topic: Prepare for the rise of neo-paganism  (Read 260 times)

rangerrebew

Prepare for the rise of neo-paganism
« on: November 23, 2019, 03:36:28 pm »

Prepare for the rise of neo-paganism
By Larry Kummer, Editor / 35 Comments   / 22 November 2019

Summary: There is a vacuum in the heart of the West after the death of Christianity. A Roman Catholic priest warns of what comes next to fill that vacuum. Whatever it is, it will shape the course of America throughout the 21st century.

By Father Longenecker at his website, 15 November 2019.

One of the takeaways from the Amazonian Synod was the materialization of a new religious identity in the world. When I say this is a “new religious identity” I do not mean to suggest that it is a new invention. It is, in fact, a religion that is as old and wide and powerful as the Amazon itself.

I name it “Global Neo-Paganism” and this new manifestation of the old paganism is unique in certain ways and yet as predictable as a seance. Let me explain what I mean by “Global Neo-Paganism.”

First of all it is pagan. Now to really understand the basic, bottom line, lowest common denominator of all paganism you have to get out of your mind all your preconceived notions about paganism. If you think paganism is all about shamans jumping around a campfire in a hallucinogenic trance put that to one side. If you think paganism is all about sacrificing a chicken to the voodoo doll or reading the stars or tea leaves or the intestines of goats to determine the future think again. If you think paganism is all about muttering incantations to the earth goddess or the sky papa, well put that on one side as well.

https://fabiusmaximus.com/2019/11/22/longenecker-sees-neo-paganism/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Prepare for the rise of neo-paganism
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 05:15:18 pm »
All of those things could be part of paganism, and no doubt are, but they are all simply the externals. They are the devotions of devotees, the disciplines of disciples and the hocus pocus of the haruspices, the soothsayers, shamans, mediums and magicians.

They are the outward forms of a very simple creed which is always, “Do what you will”. The pagan not only does what he wills, but his religion is an attempt to get the gods to do what he wills. All the mumbo jumbo, magic and all the sacrifices and chicanery are all an attempt to somehow or other get the gods to do what you want. What do you want? You want the five “Ps”- Peace, Protection, Prosperity, Pleasure and Power. You want good crops, fair weather and healthy animals in your flock. You also want protection from your enemy and from all harm. If that includes cursing and putting a hex on your enemy that’s ok. That’s part of the deal. You want good luck. You want good sex. You want most of all—Power.

Paganism is simply the attempt of mankind to get the gods to do their will. It is the old, old temptation. “You can be like God!”

Whether via placation or manipulation, whether gods or spirits of various ______s, those last two sentences are what paganism amounts to.

And, to be blunt, the Prosperity-Faith movement are not far from that: Have "enough" faith, say the right things, and God has to do what you ask. It was recognizing that which steered my well away from "The Kenneths" (Hagin and Copeland) back in the mid 70s.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 03:10:46 am by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 11:42:35 pm »
From the article:
"Summary: There is a vacuum in the heart of the West after the death of Christianity. A Roman Catholic priest warns of what comes next to fill that vacuum. Whatever it is, it will shape the course of America throughout the 21st century."

Just as they don't exist in nature, "vacuums" can't exist for long in society and culture, either.

But the "vacuum in the heart of the West" IS NOT going to be occupied by "neo-paganism".

Something else already has the dibs on that, and is making great headway as well...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 12:06:38 am »
How do we prepare?

Will them be wearing designer clothes and listening to "progressive music" that includes wolves and Obombers howling at the moon?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 12:07:30 am »
NeoPaganism is already here and has been for some time.

It is a recognition and worship of some part or all of the pantheon of gods... Which is nothing more than worship of the fallen ones. The occult is booming. Possessions run rampant neatly disguised as mental disorder. All the signs are there. Drug abuse, sexual dysphoria, lawlessness and sin becoming vogue. It's all already here. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 12:16:45 am »
Whether via placation or manipulation, whether gods or spirits of various ______s, those last two sentences are what paganism amounts to.

And, to be blunt, the Prosperity-Faith movement are not far from that: Have "enough" faith, say the right things, and God has to do what you ask. It was recognizing that which steered my well away from "The Kenneths" (Hagin and Copeland)back in the mid 70s.

I don't know if you heard? Joel Osteen can FLY!

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 01:36:17 am »
I don't know if you heard? Joel Osteen can FLY!

@bigheadfred

Big deal. EVERYBODY can fly if you toss them out of a window.  Briefly,anyhow,and I am sure all that arm flapping probably slows them down some.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 02:26:23 am »

And, to be blunt, the Prosperity-Faith movement are not far from that: Have "enough" faith, say the right things, and God has to do what you ask. It was recognizing that which steered my well away from "The Kenneths" (Hagin and Copeland)back in the mid 70s.

Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker did that for me in the 70's.  I worked at a TV station where we carried the PTL Club ("Praise The Lord!") every morning, and I thought it was appalling.  We called the show, "Pass The Lettuce."

The show came to the TV station via video cassette, and watching the phone banks ringing and people taking pledges, thinking they were saving some little old lady in desperate straights, when the call for pledges actually came out months before.  I swear, people calling those pledges in think radio stations have bands playing songs live, in-studio.  Never heard of "records."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: