Author Topic: BREAKING>>Multiple people reportedly shot at Southern California high school  (Read 2178 times)

Offline mountaineer

A characteristic that many, if not most, mass shooters share is the absence of a father. Not saying it's causative, just that it's not unusual.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

A characteristic that many, if not most, mass shooters share is the absence of a father. Not saying it's causative, just that it's not unusual.

I grew up in a rural Central Valley county in the 1960s. It probably is not an exaggeration to say that a majority of households possessed guns, because many hunted. Before I received a shotgun there were five guns in my home (not counting my BB gun and air rifle). There were no mass shootings in that time, and murder wasn't very common either (with any weapon!). So people should be asking, "What changed?" Gun availability has become less easy, yet mass shootings have increased considerably.

Statistical risk may be predictive for a large population, but it is not predictive for a certain individual. That said, why do parents bring so much selfish risky @#$% into their children's lives?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Here. I was hunting and trapping by myself long before 15.
By then I am pretty sure I had my own 22 pistol, .45 pistol, .22 LR semi auto, and a 30/30 carbine.
Yeah, but we were 15 in the Paleozoic. This is much later, now, and times have changed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Yeah, but we were 15 in the Paleozoic. This is much later, now, and times have changed.

888high58888 I grew up in the early Mesozoic, so I wasn't going there. :cool:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Smokin Joe

That still makes you from the age of the dinosaur.... :tongue2:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Nope. My sons, similar. My eldest grandson(11) owns a .22 right now... with his 1st youngest brother (9) coming on fast, probably this birthday.

Now, none of those were bought by the kid at a retail outlet with paper. But they were/are owned, sure enough.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I never grew up.   I fired a 4-10 at 7, went to a 7-11 at 15, and pumped Ethel for 35 cents.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

NY Post:
The alleged gunman who killed two teens at Saugus High School in Los Angeles County and then turned the gun on himself has died from his self-inflicted bullet wound to the head, officials said Friday.

Nathaniel Berhow, 16, was pronounced dead at about 3:30 p.m., local time, on Friday, a day and a half after the shooting on the grounds of the Santa Clarita high school, the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department said.

He died with his mother at his bedside, the department said.

Berhow, an experienced gunman, had first killed two classmates — 14-year-old Dominic Blackwell and 15-year-old Gracie Anne Muehlberger — and injured three others before firing his last bullet into his head and dropping his empty gun, police said. ...

Makes it seems he is Billy the Kid risen.  Not sure what the 'experience' meant.  I think maybe at using digital guns on video games?

Are you certain it said he fired the bullet into his head before he dropped the gun or was it the other way?

The statistics sadly will include this worthless murderer as one of the victims in the number killed in the mass shootings we hear about in the future.

He is not worthy of being in a hospital bed and should have died on the floor of a cell in the basement.

He chose not to give peace, but anarchy and death.  Let him suffer the same fate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

I never grew up.   I fired a 4-10 at 7, went to a 7-11 at 15, and pumped Ethel for 35 cents.
I fired a 10 gauge double barrel market hunting gun at 5 (wow!, I dumped 'em both simultaneously, and learned to tuck the stock in tight next time), was duck and deer hunting with my .410 at 9, and got my first whitetail at 11 with the same bolt action .410. I pumped ethyl when a dollar's worth would get you not only off the lot, but around for the weekend, and recall when a pack of Camels was $0.32....with tax.

We didn't have a 7-11 (not enough people who couldn't speak English).

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I do hope you meant Ethyl
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I do hope you meant Ethyl

That was her sister or her mother, I forget!   :)
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Multiple people reportedly shot at Southern California high school

Really? Did any of them hit it?

Where the HELL is the media getting their editors from these days,Bangladesh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

That still makes you from the age of the dinosaur.... :tongue2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@PeteS in CA

I have to admit,I can never see that race and not crack up. One of the funniest things I have ever seen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis