Author Topic: Arizona man arrested in 4-decade-old cold-case murder  (Read 365 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Arizona man arrested in 4-decade-old cold-case murder
« on: November 18, 2019, 02:55:50 am »
NY Post by Jackie Salo 11/17/2019

An Arizona man has been nabbed in a cold-case investigation four decades after the body of a murdered 21-year-old woman was discovered in Nevada, officials said.

Charles Gary Sullivan, 73, was extradited Friday to Nevada from Arizona, where he was arrested in the 1979 slaying of Julia Howard, according to the Nevada Attorney General’s Office.

The break in the cold case came after authorities used DNA technology with the evidence, officials said.

More: https://nypost.com/2019/11/17/arizona-man-arrested-in-4-decade-old-cold-case-murder/

Offline goatprairie

Re: Arizona man arrested in 4-decade-old cold-case murder
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 02:04:33 pm »
Not too old to hang.
I love it when they finally catch killers..... I don't care how long it takes.
The biggest unsolved murder in my area was the Evelyn Hartley case which happened in 1953 not too far from my home. The fifteen year old high school girl was abducted from a home where she had been babysitting.
There were only a few articles of male clothing  possibly related to the crime that were found and blood on a basement window casing. Bloody hand prints were also found in the yard and around the house where the kidnapping took place.
I don't know if DNA could work on those articles after all these years, or even if they've ever been tested.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:06:43 pm by goatprairie »