Author Topic: Trump says administration looking 'seriously' at ending birthright citizenship  (Read 3999 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Who needs a SCOTUS decision when there are hundreds of low-level National Court Judges with the same power as SCOTUS in inflicting their will on an entire country? rrthree
am presuming that is a sarc.

They definitely do not have the same power as SCOTUS.  What you are describing is unconstitutional behavior.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

You don't think the "Stooges" smilie was a dead giveaway?   :chairbang: :chairbang:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

They definitely do not have the same power as SCOTUS.  What you are describing is unconstitutional behavior.

I think that was his point.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think that was his point.

You would be 100% correct, @Sanguine!   888high58888
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You don't think the "Stooges" smilie was a dead giveaway?   :chairbang: :chairbang:

I can't always use this one I added a few weeks back....

:sarc:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I can't always use this one I added a few weeks back....

:sarc:

Variety is the Gaza and Jihadi Spice of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Variety is the Gaza and Jihadi Spice of life.

I thought it was a trade publication in Hollyweird.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

I thought it was a trade publication in Hollyweird.

Don't quit your day job!   :cool:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Is it possible that Trump misspoke and in reality while he was saying "birthright citizenship" he was actually referring to anchor babies?

That wouldn't need any kind of amendment to the constitution (I don't think so anyway) to get rid of anchor babies because that was something (again) created from whole cloth by the Supreme Court thanks to Justice Brenan.

Justice Brennan slipped a footnote into his 5-4 opinion in Plyler v. Doe, asserting that “no plausible distinction with respect to Fourteenth Amendment ‘jurisdiction’ can be drawn between resident aliens whose entry into the United States was lawful, and resident aliens whose entry was unlawful.”

IMHO I think Trump is wanting to do something to stop the problems with chain migration and anchorbabies.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

There are none so blind as those who will not see. 

The 14th Amendment clearly and unequivocally grants birthright citizenship to everyone other than the children of ambassadors, foreign government officials on official business, and, at least when it was enacted, so-called “wild Indians” who were members of conquered tribes with which the US had signed treaties insofar as they resides in the territories or on reservations.

The mere fact that you do not like that result matters not one iota to the fact that it IS the result under the 14th Amendment.

But, if you want to continue making a mockery of conservativism, and want Trump to be made to look like and idiot once again, please do continue.

And you remain FOS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

Is it possible that Trump misspoke and in reality while he was saying "birthright citizenship" he was actually referring to anchor babies?

That wouldn't need any kind of amendment to the constitution (I don't think so anyway) to get rid of anchor babies because that was something (again) created from whole cloth by the Supreme Court thanks to Justice Brenan.

Justice Brennan slipped a footnote into his 5-4 opinion in Plyler v. Doe, asserting that “no plausible distinction with respect to Fourteenth Amendment ‘jurisdiction’ can be drawn between resident aliens whose entry into the United States was lawful, and resident aliens whose entry was unlawful.”

IMHO I think Trump is wanting to do something to stop the problems with chain migration and anchorbabies.

This could be the case.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I suspect that you are correct.  (As usual)

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
This could be the case.

Of course, that is what he is talking about.  Every person born in the United States of parents who are themselves citizens is a citizen jus soli (by nature) and jus sanguinis (by the undivided loyalties of his parents).

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

So, take your blinders off, Bill.

Blinders aren’t on me, dearie.  Blinders are on those who deny the plain language of the 14th Amendment, which clearly grants birthright citizenship to all but a few who are born here.  It definitely grants birth right citizenship to the children of illegal aliens who are born here. 

But that conflicts with the deepest political desires of many self-proclaimed “conservatives” and so they deny the Constitution in preference to their subjective political desires.  Which, of course, merely makes them blinkered liberals in reality.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Blinders aren’t on me, dearie.  Blinders are on those who deny the plain language of the 14th Amendment, which clearly grants birthright citizenship to all but a few who are born here.  It definitely grants birth right citizenship to the children of illegal aliens who are born here. 

But that conflicts with the deepest political desires of many self-proclaimed “conservatives” and so they deny the Constitution in preference to their subjective political desires.  Which, of course, merely makes them blinkered liberals in reality.

Yes, there are none so blind as those who will not see. 

Bill Cipher

Sorry dearie, but the 14th Amendment very clearly grants birthright citizenship to anchor babies. 

Unless their illegal alien parents are either (a) accredited ambassadors or other accredited diplomatic staff, (b) foreign government officials present here on official business, or (c) “wild Indians” who are members of a conquered tribe and who are living on a territory or reservation, their parents are subject to the jurisdiction of the US and their children are therefore entitled to birthright citizenship if born within the US. 

If their parents were not “subject to the jurisdiction” of the US, then almost by definition they would not be illegal aliens.  The fact that they are “illegal aliens” eo nomine, and that they are subject to arrest, imprisonment, trial, and deportation because of their illegal status necessarily means that they are subject to the jurisdiction of the US. 

So, please, go ahead and continue making a mockery of conservatism by maintaining otherwise.  But don’t pretend that you have a legitimate or rational interpretation of the 14th Amendment. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sorry dearie, but the 14th Amendment very clearly grants birthright citizenship to anchor babies. 

Unless their illegal alien parents are either (a) accredited ambassadors or other accredited diplomatic staff, (b) foreign government officials present here on official business, or (c) “wild Indians” who are members of a conquered tribe and who are living on a territory or reservation, their parents are subject to the jurisdiction of the US and their children are therefore entitled to birthright citizenship if born within the US. 

If their parents were not “subject to the jurisdiction” of the US, then almost by definition they would not be illegal aliens.  The fact that they are “illegal aliens” eo nomine, and that they are subject to arrest, imprisonment, trial, and deportation because of their illegal status necessarily means that they are subject to the jurisdiction of the US. 

So, please, go ahead and continue making a mockery of conservatism by maintaining otherwise.  But don’t pretend that you have a legitimate or rational interpretation of the 14th Amendment.

You can continue repeating that lie until hell freezes over but you will never make it true!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Think of the ridiculousness of a rule granting children of uninvited, illegal people citizenship rights specifically denied to the children of accredited diplomats or indigenous people.

Doesn’t pass the giggle test. The law has been bastardized and needs proper interpretation.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 05:47:55 pm by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Sorry...it doesn't.  I already showed in the post you quoted of mine where anchor babies and chain migration sprung from a footnote Justice William Brennan wrote in a 5-4 decision in Plyler v. Doe.

Liberal justices and lefties like yourself love to use footnotes and passages from books to make law and then act like the bad law that gets created is somehow a Constitutional right.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:14:44 pm by mystery-ak »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Sorry Oceander...it doesn't.  I already showed in the post you quoted of mine where anchor babies and chain migration sprung from a footnote Justice William Brennan wrote in a 5-4 decision in Plyler v. Doe.

Liberal justices and lefties like yourself love to use footnotes and passages from books to make law and then act like the bad law that gets created is somehow a Constitutional right.
Oceander = Bill Cipher = Lawyer
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Is a person here illegally "subject to the jurisdiction thereof?"  No. 

Yes

If a diplomat breaks our laws, even murder, they can leave the country without being charged with the crime.

If an illegal alien breaks our laws, they can be imprisoned.  Even if some politicians would choose to ignore the crime.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Absalom

We know you have a serious problem with Trump, but do you have an opinion about birthright citizenship?
------------------------------
The Concept of Sovereign Right was enshrined at Westphalia in 1648 for the express purpose of ending Europe's interminable warfare over land rights and, as such, it anchors my attitude on all immigration.
Only those born in the USA from its legal citizens are the deciders, thru their representatives, as to
who may/may not enter the USA as either a visitor or as an immigrant seeking naturalization.
Any nation that does not uphold its Sovereign Right is inviting severe conflict and eventual destruction.
Europe from the 13th to the 16th centuries is testament to that reality.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 06:18:39 pm by Absalom »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
------------------------------
The Concept of Sovereign Right was enshrined at Westphalia in 1648 for the express purpose of ending Europe's interminable warfare over land rights and, as such, it anchors my attitude on all immigration.
Only those born in the USA from its legal citizens are the deciders, thru their representatives, as to
who may/may not enter the USA as either a visitor or as an immigrant seeking naturalization.
Any nation that does not uphold its Sovereign Right is inviting severe conflict and eventual destruction.
Europe from the 13th to the 16th centuries is testament that reality.

I guess you support Trump in this effort then.

Offline Absalom

Oceander = Bill Cipher = Lawyer
--------------------------
Translate the meaning of cipher in Arabic!

Online Wingnut

--------------------------
Translate the meaning of cipher in Arabic!

Spare us the suspense.