Author Topic: Rashida Tlaib rejects Israel offer for ‘humanitarian’ visit to see her Palestinian grandma  (Read 506 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

URL: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-rashida-tlaib-israel-west-bank-20190816-gbl62shfdrenvnmqr6jjicswka-story.html

Rep. Rashida Tlaib Friday rejected Israel’s offer to allow a “purely humanitarian” visit to her elderly Palestinian grandmother in the occupied West Bank.

The firebrand critic of the Jewish state tweeted that “it would kill a piece of me” to accept the stringent restrictions Israel sought. She insisted she would not “bow down to their oppressive & racist policies.”

She Tweets:

Rashida Tlaib
‏
Verified account

@RashidaTlaib
Follow Follow @RashidaTlaib
More Rashida Tlaib Retweeted Rashida Tlaib
Silencing me & treating me like a criminal is not what she wants for me. It would kill a piece of me. I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in--fighting against racism, oppression & injustice.

Rashida Tlaib
‏
Verified account

@RashidaTlaib
Follow Follow @RashidaTlaib
More Rashida Tlaib Retweeted Rashida Tlaib
When I won, it gave the Palestinian people hope that someone will finally speak the truth about the inhumane conditions. I can't allow the State of Israel to take away that light by humiliating me & use my love for my sity to bow down to their oppressive & racist policies.

Tlaib had told Israeli authorities just a day earlier that she would “respect any restrictions” if granted permission to visit her grandmother, who is more than 90 years old. Israel’s Interior Ministry later approved the request.

But Friday morning, the Detroit-born lawmaker reversed course and said she would not go to the Holy Land after all.

“Silencing me & treating me like a criminal is not what she wants for me. It would kill a piece of me,” she wrote.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline skeeter

So much for her touching Twitter photo of granny.

Offline Hoodat

Tlaib had told Israeli authorities just a day earlier that she would “respect any restrictions” if granted permission to visit her grandmother. .  .  .

In other words, Tlaib lied.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
In other words, Tlaib lied.
It is written in Islam that it is sanctioned by Allah to lie to Infidels. And the Muslims have carried that little nugget to the extreme.

I still think she is going to cause trouble over there. And when she returns to America she will do nothing but make speech after speech about how horribly she was treated by the evil Jews in Israel. Muslims perceive kindness as weakness. Israel being kind to a rabid dog like her will make no difference.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GrouchoTex

You have to wonder if the lady was really her Grandmother or not.

Offline SirLinksALot

THE WHOLE INCIDENT WAS A CLEVER PUBLIC RELATIONS SETUP FROM THE BEGINNING.

The order and timing of events here is crucial and proves their goading of Israeli officials was a set up from the beginning.

Omar and Tlaib know Israel has longstanding law and policy barring supporters of the BDS movement from entering the country. It is regularly deployed against BDS activists.

By introducing a pro-BDS resolution in Congress and then a day later announcing a planned trip to Israel, they knew their chances of getting rejected by the Israeli government were high, if not guaranteed.

This enabled them to put Israel in a difficult position with two choices:
1. Violate the law by giving them special treatment and then allowing them to actively campaign against the country’s existence and interests within its own borders
2. Reject them and be accused of bigotry and racism, defacto “proving” allegations from Omar and Tlaib about bigotry, apartheid and unequal treatment. In other words, bad PR. This lose-lose scenario was purposely provided in bad faith.

There are other indicators Omar's and Tlaib’s announced trip to Israel was carefully calculated.

Just last week a congressional delegation of 72 lawmakers, Democrats and Republicans, made an official trip to Israel. They met with Prime Minister Netanyahu and leaders of the Palestinian Authority.

GUESS WHAT? Omar and Tlaib refused to go. Instead, they developed their own itinerary and titled it “U.S. Congressional Delegation to Palestine.” Omar and Tlaib don’t believe Israel has a right to exist, so much so they couldn’t bear writing down the country’s name.

THEN, Graciously and despite her radical ties, Tlaib was granted the option to apply for a humanitarian visa to visit her family.

“If Congresswoman Tlaib submits a humanitarian request to visit her relatives, the minister of interior has announced that he will consider her request on the condition that she pledges not to act to promote boycotts against Israel during her visit," Netanyahu continued.

Right on queue, Omar engaged in gaslighting, accused the entire country of bigotry and delegitimized Israel's standing as a democracy.

Democrats quickly came to her defense to trash the decision, failing to acknowledge the reasons for the denial.

Here's the BOTTOM LINE:

Omar and Tlaib weren't denied entry to Israel because they are Muslim, they were denied entry because they are tied to terrorism, actively support the BDS movement and do not believe the country has the right to exist. It's not complicated. It is simple. They won't be visiting Israel for these reasons, but, they already knew that.

ANYBODY WHO DOES NOT SEE THE KABUKI SHOW BEHIND ALL THESE IS EITHER IGNORANT, BIASED, OR IN WILLFUL DENIAL.

Offline PeteS in CA

Granny served her propaganda purpose, so now she gets hypervehiculated (thrown under the bus).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Bill Cipher

Granny served her propaganda purpose, so now she gets hypervehiculated (thrown under the bus).

Hyper- or hypo-?

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Hyper- or hypo-?

You are correct, though the (very) mental image of Tlaib forcing Granny to ride on the roof of a moving bus is kind of amusing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.