Author Topic: Israel denies Omar and Tlaib entry after Trump tweet  (Read 1605 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: Israel denies Omar and Tlaib entry after Trump tweet
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 01:10:47 am »

Absolutely spot on.  Thanks for posting it. 

I’ll bet liberal undies are getting twisted up tonight!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2019, 01:24:25 am »
This is a long overdue message to radical Muslim and other far-Left terrorists (Antifa) that Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom from Consequences. Yelling Death to America/Death to Israel may or may not be Freedom of Speech (I personally believe that it is more incitement to violence than it is speech), but that does not mean that these incitements will be ignored and go unanswered.

Why would any sane State accept as benign, people who openly call for the destruction of the very State they demand to enter, solely to meet with sworn enemies of that State? If they are as pro-Palestinian as they claim, then they should renounce their American citizenship and immigrate to the West Bank or Gaza where they can help their brothers directly firsthand.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2019, 01:55:11 am »

So, the way I read that is Israel has a policy of denying entry to people who agitate for BDS, and Bibi let the jew-haters in Congress know he's not going to make an exception for Congresscreeps.  I can live with that pretty easily.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2019, 11:18:45 am »
Rep. Rashida Tlaib gets Israeli minister's OK to enter country to visit grandmother: report
Fox News, Aug 16, 2019

In a letter sent to Interior Minister Aryeh Deri, Tlaib requested being able to visit her Palestinian grandmother who lives in the West Bank, according to the Jerusalem Post.

“This could be my last opportunity to see her,” Tlaib wrote of her grandmother, who is in her 90s. “I will respect any restrictions and I will not promote any boycotts against Israel during my visit.”

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/israels-interior-minister-will-allow-rashida-tlaib-to-visit-country-to-see-grandmother-report

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2019, 11:43:33 am »
The Associated Press
@AP

· 53m

Israel's interior minister says he has received and granted a request by Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib to enter the Israeli-occupied West Bank on humanitarian grounds. Minister said that Tlaib asked to visit her 90-year-old grandmother in the West Bank..

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2019, 11:46:58 am »
The best reason for letting them go is to not let them come back.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2019, 11:50:04 am »
Rashida is being allowed into the West bank on humanitarian reasons.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2019, 12:03:12 pm »
So, the way I read that is Israel has a policy of denying entry to people who agitate for BDS, and Bibi let the jew-haters in Congress know he's not going to make an exception for Congresscreeps.  I can live with that pretty easily.

They way I read it, over half the new members of Congress have figured out the "free" vacation gravy train thing already.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2019, 01:32:07 pm »
Rashida is being allowed into the West bank on humanitarian reasons.
But she's saying she isn't going to go, even though Israel said she may. Apparently, her hatred for Israel is greater than love for grandma.
Rashida Tlaib @RashidaTlaib
Silencing me & treating me like a criminal is not what she wants for me. It would kill a piece of me. I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in--fighting against racism, oppression & injustice.

8:52 AM · Aug 16, 2019·
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 01:32:58 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2019, 01:44:58 pm »
But she's saying she isn't going to go, even though Israel said she may. Apparently, her hatred for Israel is greater than love for grandma.
What a disgusting little twit she is.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2019, 05:03:52 pm »
A little historical context:

Israel Has Every Right To Block Rashida Tlaib And Ilhan Omar

However, the notion that obstructing the two anti-Semitic terror apologists from entering Israel is an attack on liberal democracy, or the United States, or that such a move is accelerating the corrosion of the Democratic Party’s support for Israel, is absurd.
What principle of democracy states that you have to issue visas to foreigners who are actively engaged in efforts to harm your citizens? If Republican Steve King were denied an entry visa into Mexico, not a single congressperson would stand up for him, not a single presidential candidate would claim that Mexico had insulted the honor of the United States, not a single Democrat would argue that it reflected poorly on Mexican democracy, and not a single liberal pundit would contend that the Mexican-U.S. relationship was being hurt.

Would any American be bothered if the State Department denied an entry visa to a foreign elected official who actively worked toward the economic destruction of the United States while being an apologist for al-Qaeda or some other anti-American terrorist group? (Well, maybe a few.)
In 2012, the Obama administration denied a visa to Michael Ben-Ari, a member of the hard-right Israeli Kach party. Ben-Ari is no more radical than Tlaib or Omar. I don’t remember widespread angst about the state of American democracy. Surely we were secure enough in our beliefs to handle his presence, right?

And when the U.S. government refused to give Narendra Modi — now the prime minister of India, but at the time the chief elected official in the state of Gujarat — a visa, no one seemed to think we were slapping India in the face. We relied on a 1998 law that stated foreign officials who exhibit “severe violations of religious freedom” were ineligible for visas.

IOW, refusing entry to foreign leaders for cause is not unique.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2019, 05:09:05 pm »
TDS-Hatred-driven Ted Lieu exposes his inner antisemite:

Lieu: U.S. Envoy To Israel Has “Allegiance To A Foreign Power”, Must Resign

Rep. Ted Lieu wants to have his cake and eat it, too. He represents a district in the House of Representatives that includes the predominantly Jewish West Side of Los Angeles yet Thursday he allowed an anti-Semitic trope to get in the way of civil public discourse.

Lieu called for the resignation of the U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman. Lieu was angry that the ambassador was doing his job – supporting President Trump’s opinion and showing support for Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s decision to deny entry into Israel to Rep. Ilhan Omar and Rep. Rashida Talib. Ted Lieu went on CNN and the interview took a dark turn. Lieu told Wolf Blitzer that Ambassador Friedman should resign for showing “allegiance to a foreign power.”

“Ambassador Friedman, the U.S. ambassador to Israel, actually I think he should resign,” Lieu told “The Situation Room” anchor Wolf Blitzer. “He doesn’t seem to understand that his allegiance is to America, not to a foreign power. He should be defending the rights of Americans to travel to other countries and to visit their relatives.”

Ummmm ... Americans have "rights" to travel to other countries?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.