General Category > Health/Education

Transgender student suspended from Christian College after getting breast reduction

(1/2) > >>

mountaineer:
Expect this girl to attempt to sue the college out of existence and become the next tranny cause celebre.
--- Quote ---Transgender student suspended from Christian College after getting breast reduction
By Samuel Smith, CP Reporter
Aug. 12, 2019

A transgender student at a Christian college in Tennesee has been suspended for "sexual perversion" after undergoing breast reduction surgery.

Yanna Awtrey, who was born female to Baptist missionaries but identifies as male, is speaking out after being suspended for two semesters by a disciplinary committee at Welch College this month.

Welch College is a Free Will Baptist institution located outside of Nashville with just under 400 undergraduates. It was formerly known as Free Will Baptist Bible College.

Awtrey was gearing up for a junior year at the college when the student underwent breast reduction surgery (also called "top surgery") on Aug. 2 as part of a gender reassignment procedure following months of taking hormone pills.  ... More at Christian Post
--- End quote ---
She declined the opportunity to appeal the suspension, as the article indicates.

PeteS in CA:
As the daughter of missionaries, she would know Christian teaching, and also would have been informed of the College's standards. Why should the college bend to her whim? It's not like there aren't scads of liberal religious institutions and secular colleges/universities that wouldn't welcome and celebrate her.

mountaineer:
I attended a Christian university and knew full well what the rules were. When I violated them, I also was well aware - and trembling - of the possibility I'd be punished in some way for breaking said rules (thankfully, they didn't).

This girl needs serious mental health help.

Cyber Liberty:
She/he/it probably couldn't keep her/his/its pie hole shut about it.

verga:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on August 13, 2019, 10:28:36 pm ---I attended a Christian university and knew full well what the rules were. When I violated them, I also was well aware - and trembling - of the possibility I'd be punished in some way for breaking said rules (thankfully, they didn't).

This girl needs serious mental health help.

--- End quote ---
For at least two issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version